Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3943645)   #1451
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
The Insignia GSi is a 2.0 turbo, the 1.5 turbo is available for the rest of the range
The 2.0T Petrol engine was only available in the GSi Insignia from Feb until Aug 2018.

Currently the only engine option for the GSi is the 2.0 BiTurbo D.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3943647)   #1452
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'm not one to start or perpetuate rumours, but does anyone recall that throwaway comment (slip of the tongue / a joke?) by a driver who said that Jags were coming in 2020?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yeah. Wasn't the story contrived around Excelr8 stating they wanted to have a British brand?
Michael Crees said it in a Facebook Live interview. It was reported in post 165 of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
If anyone saw Facebook Live on Saturday, Michael Crees pretty much confirmed Jaguar to be coming in (tho my guess would be not with Hard)
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3943650)   #1453
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt Excelr8 look at Jags? May be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3943654)   #1454
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Didnt Excelr8 look at Jags? May be wrong...
I'm not certain, but it does feel a bit like:

Cress mentions Jag + Excelr8 mention a new build + Oliver Shepherd saying '[MG] fits with our ‘Great British’ theme' =

'Many rumors have circulated about Triple Eight taking on a new touring car project for the BTCC [...]. Volvo, Kia and more has been mentioned'

And - The [FK2] road car has a flat floor so presumably the touring car is able to use this to its advantage.

Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3943656)   #1455
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be nice if Crees is back, he certainly added to the series
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3943658)   #1456
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It will be nice if Crees is back, he certainly added to the series
He kept the medical car driver on his toes, deciding when to brake for Crees's first lap accident. Will it be turn 1 or turn 2?
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:51 (Ref:3943659)   #1457
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm not certain, but it does feel a bit like:

Cress mentions Jag + Excelr8 mention a new build + Oliver Shepherd saying '[MG] fits with our ‘Great British’ theme' =

'Many rumors have circulated about Triple Eight taking on a new touring car project for the BTCC [...]. Volvo, Kia and more has been mentioned'

And - The [FK2] road car has a flat floor so presumably the touring car is able to use this to its advantage.

It’s the position of the fuel tank on the FK2 that enables it to have a flatter floor, combined with the other aero, sorry for not being clearer
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3943661)   #1458
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
He kept the medical car driver on his toes, deciding when to brake for Crees's first lap accident. Will it be turn 1 or turn 2?
That's a bit harsh. He had some great results and did really well for someone with such limited experience. He's really taken Austins mantle as the fans favourite as well.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3943664)   #1459
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
That's a bit harsh. He had some great results and did really well for someone with such limited experience. He's really taken Austins mantle as the fans favourite as well.
Yeah, wasn't quite as bad as I expected but his points total is very much down to wet-dry races. A driver with such limited experience needed another year or two in the Ginettas before stepping up, really.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3943665)   #1460
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Seems a bit harsh.

Twice he DNF'd on Lap 1 - the same amount of times as Jordan and Morgan.

If early lap incidents are the metric - then Goff's retirements on Laps 1,1,0,2 and 0 are surely more of a concern?
Old 29 Nov 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3943666)   #1461
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yeah, wasn't quite as bad as I expected but his points total is very much down to wet-dry races. A driver with such limited experience needed another year or two in the Ginettas before stepping up, really.
I was maybe being a bit harsh, he scored more points than Nic Hamilton, Rob Smith, Sam Osborne and Carl Boardley combined!
Old 29 Nov 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3943669)   #1462
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
As well as that, he is a true enthusiast and we need more of those in motorsport
Old 29 Nov 2019, 14:28 (Ref:3943672)   #1463
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
It’s the position of the fuel tank on the FK2 that enables it to have a flatter floor, combined with the other aero, sorry for not being clearer
I'll post the picture again - it's not flat at all.

It's about as flat as other NGTC builds.

And while we're on the subject of the FK2's non-flat floor, consider the following:

All NGTC cars use the same 80L fuel tank. When discussing the mounting of this in articles, the differences in floor and fuel tank between FK2 and FK8 were revealed in 2018:

'The latest-generation Civic has its fuel tank in a sensible place – by the rear seats – whereas the previous car had it underneath the front seats. For the race car, it was redeployed somewhere that would be safer in a crash anyway, but what it also meant was that the [FK2] car’s floor wasn’t completely flat. Today, it [the FK8 floor] is flatter for longer, nothing protrudes beneath it, not even the race car’s exhaust – this gives aerodynamic advantages.

This can be seen when you look at the FK8 underfloor:

Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3943691)   #1464
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think the original poster was getting confused between the S2000 FK2 and the NGTC FK2. the S2000 FK2 had a 'flat floor' but the NGTC FK2 never did as the regs didnt allow it.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 15:40 (Ref:3943693)   #1465
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
So far we got Boardley or not Boardley in a Civic or not a Civic run by HARD or not HARD. I'm expecting all of these to be correct, just not necessarily in any of the permutations predicted.
I expect Boardley not to be in a civic.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3943697)   #1466
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike Bushell for HARD.

Very pleasantly surprised to see him back, but going by his pace at the end of last season he deserves something a little bit quicker.

Still, good luck to him, hope the CC is competitive next season.

With Crees and Coates both heavily rumoured, pretty much confirms the HARD line-up and means Boardley and Thompson (yes!!) are moving on to another team.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3943698)   #1467
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
Bushell back at Team HARD alongside Goff!

What happened to a 6pm announcement. ..

Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:03 (Ref:3943699)   #1468
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Bushell back at Team HARD alongside Goff!

What happened to a 6pm announcement. ..

16.00... 😂
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3943700)   #1469
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's the link:

https://www.team-hard.com/bush-all-f...racing-return/
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3943702)   #1470
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Turns out its me that needs to learn to tell the time...

Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3943703)   #1471
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Tom Ingram

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Cammish

Infiniti Q50 - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Laser Tools - Ash Sutton

VW CC - HARD - Jack Goff
VW CC - HARD - Mike Bushell

VW CC - HARD - Carl Broadley ???
VW CC - HARD - ??????

Mercedes - Cicely - Adam Morgan
Mercedes - Cicely - Daniel Rowbottom ?

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - Jason Plato
Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ????

Hyundai I30 - Excelr8 Motorspor - ???????
Hyundai I30 - Excelr8 Motorspor - ???????

BMW 3 - WSR - Tom Oliphant
BMW 3 - WSR - Colin Turkington ???
BMW 3 - WSR - ????????

BMW 125 - Team Parker - Stephen Jelley ??

Honda Civic - AMD - ?????
Honda Civic - AMD - ?????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ?????
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Tom Chilton ?????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Mat Simpson ??????

Ford Focus - Motorbase - ??????

Audi S3 - TPC - ???????
Audi S3 - TPC - ???????

this should be about 29 entries unless someone like BTC or PMR enter a 3rd car

Last edited by porsche962fan; 29 Nov 2019 at 16:28.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3943706)   #1472
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Genuinely surprised Bushell is at Hard. They have a top driver line up. I just hope they employ the personnel to give them both a reliable and fast car. Think them CCs are well past their best though, no matter what people keep saying. BMR/888 struggled with them towards the end of 2015. That was before GK was let loose in chopping them up. Theyve all had a very hard life. Could do with 2 second hand road going CCs to get some new shells built from IMO. Cheapest way to acquire new cars for the team.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3943709)   #1473
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Genuinely surprised Bushell is at Hard. They have a top driver line up. I just hope they employ the personnel to give them both a reliable and fast car. Think them CCs are well past their best though, no matter what people keep saying. BMR/888 struggled with them towards the end of 2015. That was before GK was let loose in chopping them up. Theyve all had a very hard life. Could do with 2 second hand road going CCs to get some new shells built from IMO. Cheapest way to acquire new cars for the team.
Presumably he'll be engineering his own car again which should reduce the price. HARD is the cheapest seat on the grid anyway so it's probably the only choice he had if he wanted to race in BTCC as budget is always an issue for him.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3943716)   #1474
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They’ve got two top drivers so far, Goff was a championship contender in the Civic.
Old 29 Nov 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3943727)   #1475
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
With Crees and Coates both heavily rumoured
whos doing the heavy rumouring about coates? fans putting two and two together or inside gossip?