Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3944509)   #1601
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Has that been published anywhere?
it’s in their tech regulations
Old 3 Dec 2019, 11:53 (Ref:3944513)   #1602
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Would he be four time champion without AJ missing three races through no fault of his own though?

Personally I don't see anything wrong in the slightest with what AJ has done on Twitter. Times have changed.
AJ missed the title just by 2 points..... and he seems to had a slightl better grip on that car than Colin during the season
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:36 (Ref:3944522)   #1603
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Would he be four time champion without AJ missing three races through no fault of his own though?
I think so, yes. If AJ had picked up more points in those races, he would have carried more weight into weekends.
Jordan's best results were in Races 1&2 at Thruxton and Croft.
His championship position going into those meetings was 16th, 9th.

Turkington matched those R1&2 results at Donington and Oulton.
His championship position going into those meetings was 13th, 1st.

Turkington's ability is shown in the points he picked up when carrying weight; missing rounds early gives you a weight advantage in later rounds, so it's not as simple as dropped points would suggest.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3944528)   #1604
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
it’s in their tech regulations
A Boxer was allowed up to (and including) 2019 - have the 2020 tech regs been released?
Do you have a link to the specific wording that you would be willing to share?

I saw the announcements about the tweaks to tyres qualifying and ballast for 2020, but have seen nothing about changes to the engine regulations.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3944536)   #1605
thesmackdown
Rookie

thesmackdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Personally I don't see anything wrong in the slightest with what AJ has done on Twitter. Times have changed.
Not to be flip, but, AJ didn't win. No matter why.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3944539)   #1606
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A Boxer was allowed up to (and including) 2019 - have the 2020 tech regs been released?
Do you have a link to the specific wording that you would be willing to share?

I saw the announcements about the tweaks to tyres qualifying and ballast for 2020, but have seen nothing about changes to the engine regulations.
changed in 2019 regs so no new boxer engines could be done. existing homologation still stands. this is 2019 tech regulations

BTCC Touring Engine (Production Engine)
A 4-stroke, either turbocharged or normally aspirated, reciprocating piston engine with 4 cylinders in-line and a nominal cylinder capacity of 2000cc which is in current production and fitted in any model in the manufacturers broad family of marques under its effective control.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3944540)   #1607
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So in theory the Levorgs are still eligible to race?
Old 3 Dec 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3944541)   #1608
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I believe they could but I think Subaru have taken the cars back, as the charge on them has been listed with Companies House as Satisfied.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3944544)   #1609
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
yes
just means no new boxer engine would be allowed
Old 3 Dec 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3944546)   #1610
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
yes
just means no new boxer engine would be allowed
Good rule change. Prevent any further "problems" of this sort in one fell swoop 😀
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:18 (Ref:3944580)   #1611
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Engine capacity and power are only loosely linked. For example, an F1 engine has a 20% smaller capacity than the current BTCC ones, yet they produce three times the power output.
An F1 engine isn't running a production block.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3944585)   #1612
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
BTCC Touring Engine (Production Engine)
A 4-stroke, either turbocharged or normally aspirated, reciprocating piston engine with 4 cylinders in-line and a nominal cylinder capacity of 2000cc which is in current production and fitted in any model in the manufacturers broad family of marques under its effective control.
Thanks.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3944597)   #1613
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBoy View Post
An F1 engine isn't running a production block.
No but the point still stands.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3944605)   #1614
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Announcement from Boardley by the weekend:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...91573397625846
Old 3 Dec 2019, 18:15 (Ref:3944606)   #1615
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I would guess either HARD or Exceler8.

Glad all the entries have been announced, now just need to fill in the blanks
Old 3 Dec 2019, 22:52 (Ref:3944640)   #1616
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
#YouKnowWho I suspect

Excelr8 are hoping to announce an unchanged driver line up

Although there's still time for Magic Pixies to be announced driving Unicorns.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3944641)   #1617
Pickles
Veteran

And Dynamics are currently building an FK8, presumably for BTC
Old 4 Dec 2019, 08:10 (Ref:3944676)   #1618
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmackdown View Post
Not to be flip, but, AJ didn't win. No matter why.
Most of the time I would agree but in the context of the original post I don't.

The implication was that WSR should choose Turks over AJ (not that I see it as them having to choose one over the other anyway) because he is the champion. Given that it wasn't a straight fight through no fault of either driver that is a moot argument IMO.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3944677)   #1619
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
#YouKnowWho I suspect

Excelr8 are hoping to announce an unchanged driver line up

Although there's still time for Magic Pixies to be announced driving Unicorns.
It’s not stopped them talking to other drivers though
Old 4 Dec 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3944679)   #1620
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Fairy snuff

They're currently browsing at www.comparethedriverschequebook.com I take it?

Is this new build FK8 at Dynamics an announced thing or has someone actually spotted it in the shop?

Bearing in mind their existing cars are stripped to the bone it would be easy to think they could be new cars to the casual observer!
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3944683)   #1621
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Is this new build FK8 at Dynamics an announced thing or has someone actually spotted it in the shop?
It wasn't announced but someone who visits pretty much all of the teams has seen it.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3944685)   #1622
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The implication was that WSR should choose Turks over AJ (not that I see it as them having to choose one over the other anyway) because he is the champion. Given that it wasn't a straight fight through no fault of either driver that is a moot argument IMO.
Has there ever been a straight fight through no fault from start to finish?

Some might argue that Cammish could have won through no fault of his own. The fact remains still that if WSR have the option of selecting Turkington or Jordan to fill their seat, then ignoring the funds they bring, they have either:

A 4-time, back-to-back and reigning champion who raced under the Team BMW Banner and is a BMW Brand Ambassador. Has his own website profile and promotes Team BMW on his platform.

A 1-time, former champion who raced under his own sponsorship and who's online profiles hosted through other backers (Red Bull, Pirtek...) make passing reference to BMW, with no apparent brand (or Motorsport discipline) loyalty.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3944686)   #1623
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Checkered Flag are reporting that BTC's third car will be an FK8....

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...-grid-in-2020/
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3944691)   #1624
Kinger6
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
Kinger6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hi Guy's, been following the Forum some quite some time with intrigue, and finally taken the plunge to join in, as a lot of the facts of the rumour mill I am lucky enough to be privvy to. I understand the below will come as a complete curveball coming from a new member on here with such information.

Boardley will be running with Team Hard, but he has acquired a 1-series and will be running that, you heard it here first!
Old 4 Dec 2019, 10:27 (Ref:3944701)   #1625
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fairy snuff

They're currently browsing at www.comparethedriverschequebook.com I take it?

Bearing in mind their existing cars are stripped to the bone it would be easy to think they could be new cars to the casual observer!
Yeah I think a Kevin Berry designed Hyundai has given them a bit more interest in people driving for them compared to the vintage MG’s. They presented themselves well too last season. I expect Rob Smith will be back, but Sam might have some competition for the 2nd seat.