Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Mar 2004, 16:52 (Ref:901021)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"like Ralf, Williams let me down as well!" - JPM

On the new contract issue... apparently JPM was ready to sign by Monaco but the contract never came... so maybe RS is not ENTIRELY(partly yes) to blame for the contract situation...

http://www.planetf1.com/Home/story_14625.shtml
Old 10 Mar 2004, 17:20 (Ref:901051)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clutching at straws ralfy....
Old 10 Mar 2004, 17:31 (Ref:901061)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seriously, this is always gonna happen atb Williams........on one side, we have Frank Williams and Patrick Head, two of the tightest men in the game we call negotiating. On the other, we have a slighty greedy Ralf and Mr Weber. It really is a recipe for disaster.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 18:41 (Ref:901128)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, ralf man, now you're feeling better...
Old 10 Mar 2004, 19:02 (Ref:901146)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bononi, you're the odd one out. The word dullard isn't in your sig.

Anyway, interesting. JPM sticks up for Ralf, whatever next.

To be fair I think that Montoya is simplifying the situation there, just to make his point that he was close to signing?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 19:19 (Ref:901168)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

They'll be sharing a bed next.....All this inter team outspokenness combined with the GP last week adds up to rock bottom morale at Williams, surely.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 19:34 (Ref:901187)   #7
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All goes well for a bloke who can pull a team together.Looks like Webbers not only got a foot in the door but is nearly throgh it.

The Grumpy1
Old 10 Mar 2004, 19:54 (Ref:901207)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
They'll be sharing a bed next.....

That's why I believe there's a GOD in the sky watching us. You're lucky, he's half the world apart from you and hopefully will not read this.

You can't say this about a latin and walk away on your own two feet...
Old 10 Mar 2004, 20:49 (Ref:901262)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Anyway, interesting. JPM sticks up for Ralf, whatever next.

Maybe paying Rafe back for backing him up in the article in The Guardian (??) last week?

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

Bononi, you're the odd one out. The word dullard isn't in your sig.
Yer, come on Bon, join the club
Old 10 Mar 2004, 21:23 (Ref:901310)   #10
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Mid season driver changes are coming, mark my words. If these guys continue to make mistakes, or get poor results, whats the point of keeping them the whole year?
They certainly won't be involved in development for new cars...
Old 10 Mar 2004, 21:35 (Ref:901328)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I not so sure. Who will they get you will produce better results for the remainder of the year. Then there is contracts to consider - Frank is not the kind of person to pay for a driver not to race for him!
When was the last time we have a major team change drivers mid-season. It just doesn't happen.

And when Williams were getting rid (or knew they were leaving) of drivers it has never happened mid season. Not with Zanardi, Frentzen, Villeneuve, Hill, Prost, Coulthard, Mansell, Piquet, etc...
Old 10 Mar 2004, 21:37 (Ref:901331)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Iirc, Williams haven't changed drivers mid-season for along time, if ever. I don't think it will happen again this season!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 22:13 (Ref:901366)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i want jpm and ralf to see the season out...if only to stop the inevitable nine page threads devoted to the return of mr.villeneuve.

btw..i've changed my sig in homage.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 22:50 (Ref:901402)   #14
grumpy1
Veteran

Off the subject sort of but there is talk JV has been linked with Toyota next year.
As for changing drivers mid year I can't see it happening.

The Grumpy1
Old 10 Mar 2004, 23:12 (Ref:901429)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
For fear of turning this into another JV thread, hasn't he been linked to every team so far?
Old 11 Mar 2004, 00:46 (Ref:901481)   #16
grumpy1
Veteran

Wasn't the intention but just thinking about it it would be an interesting pairing Ralfie and JV.

The Grumpy1
Old 11 Mar 2004, 03:51 (Ref:901542)   #17
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I believe JV has not yet been linked to Arrows, Prost or Phoenix. Better yet, a fantasy retiree team composed of JV and Mika H. Those two together at a news conference - what a hoot!

Seriously, one wonders what Sir Frank and his faithful sidekick Patrick are thinking of when they negotiate with their drivers. They seem to engender really warm and fuzzy feelings though. Who would have thought that Ralf or JPM would have had much to say about the other that would in any way be supportive?

Last edited by JohnSSC; 11 Mar 2004 at 03:53.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 11 Mar 2004, 13:57 (Ref:901990)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Yer, come on Bon, join the club
I have the feeling I will regret about this...
Old 12 Mar 2004, 00:41 (Ref:902613)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
Mid season driver changes are coming, mark my words. If these guys continue to make mistakes, or get poor results, whats the point of keeping them the whole year?
They certainly won't be involved in development for new cars...
I'm with you deeks.

If Williams loses one or two more races to Ferrari, then certainly the two primadonnas, Montoya and Ralfie, will lay down for the rest of the season. They both know that there future doesn't lie with Williams, so whats there motivation?

I say sack em, and sack em soon, afterall, Dixon and Gordon are waiting in the wings!
Old 12 Mar 2004, 03:50 (Ref:902724)   #20
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What has Williams gained from all their overly hardball tactics? A big part of the team is the driver. You can't win the WCC without a team.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 04:17 (Ref:902750)   #21
ysofast
Racer

ysofast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams is vulnerable with jpm not behind sir frank 100%. Never known sir frank to not sack someone who desperatley deserved it....
Old 12 Mar 2004, 12:02 (Ref:903119)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That won't happen. Only chance of changes is if the drivers stand down of their own accord.

By current form, Williams should be on pace again in Malaysia and JPM prob keep close eye on Mclaren, cos if that stays pants then he'll do everything he can to get out of that contract/stay at Williams i'd imagine. JPM could actually end up 'double bluffing' Ralf out of the way in the process as we know he is unlikely to be with Williams next year. JP could stay with Frank and be rid of his main pia (RS)

By the way, his third lap move on Ralf at turn two/three was pretty cutthroat so are we sure that they're really being pleasant with each other?!!!!
Old 12 Mar 2004, 15:19 (Ref:903351)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by chunterer

By the way, his third lap move on Ralf at turn two/three was pretty cutthroat so are we sure that they're really being pleasant with each other?!!!!
Pleasentness means nothing in Formula 1, after all, this isn't a coffee morning
Old 12 Mar 2004, 15:21 (Ref:903355)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Are you sure he didn't say "I like Ralf and Williams let me tyres down".
Old 12 Mar 2004, 20:59 (Ref:903745)   #25
f1atic
Racer

f1atic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having read several articles in both on/off-line rags, I think Sir Frank may simply be looking for some new, young talent, as he has in the past. All of this contract stuff, may be nothing more than him offering both Ralf and Juan a way out.

Tags
jpm