Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:49 (Ref:905331)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who / What to believe??

Latest news, Ralf is now, or should I say once again, on the verge of signing with Toyota for 2005. Who knows what to believe. Don't guys like Weber care that they are losing all credibility? Or is it the media spinning tales again? Probably a combination. You can't believe anything you read about F1 it seems. No wonder they call it the F1 circus.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 21:59 (Ref:905339)   #2
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until another team comes out and says they have signed Ralf I belive he will be at Toyota next year

The Grumpy1
Old 14 Mar 2004, 22:00 (Ref:905341)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't believe anyone about anything until you see who's in the car, on the grid!
Old 14 Mar 2004, 22:07 (Ref:905344)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't understand this trend of signing with teams for the following season, before the present season is up!

First Montoya and now Ralf. What a joke F1 would become if this becomes a standard practice. No other sport that I know of, would stand for this. How is a team and car to develop, if its present drivers are signed with another team for the following season? It makes a joke of team loyalty, and it makes these drivers look like prostitutes, driving for the "john" that will pay the most.

Don't let these guys do this Frank, fire them now!

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Mar 2004, 22:20 (Ref:905352)   #5
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I really don't understand this trend of signing with teams for the following season, before the present season is up!

First Montoya and now Ralf. What a joke F1 would become if this becomes a standard practice. No other sport that I know of, would stand for this. How is a team and car to develop, if its present drivers are signed with another team for the following season? It makes a joke of team loyalty, and it makes these drivers look like prostitutes, driving for the "john" that will pay the most.

Don't let these guys do this Frank, fire them now!
you know something?...i gotta agree with you on this one......it seems as if ralf's only loyalty is to the almighty $$$$$$ and that's about it....here we have a team that is quite capable of winning the wdc and the drivers have either signed with another team for the following year or are in the process of doing so.....what a comedy....i'd dump schumi junior right now....there are plenty of others more than capable of taking his place.....
Old 14 Mar 2004, 22:30 (Ref:905357)   #6
Kirk
Veteran

I also agree. It would look good on both JPM and RS to sit. Williams has at least one good driver sitting in wait, who could come in and do the job. Amazingly FW/PH seem content to sit on their hands, even though both drivers have underachieved.
Old 14 Mar 2004, 22:40 (Ref:905361)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Williams soundly loses one or two more races, to Ferrari, than both Montoya and Ralf will start pouting somewhere in the mid-field anyway, neither trying to win again. They'll just blame the car, the team, the tires or something!

If this happens, I think Frank will be smart enough to pull the plug on these two primadonnas.

Seeing how bad the McLaren is, old JPM must be wondering what he's gotten himself into!

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Mar 2004, 23:12 (Ref:905382)   #8
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf and his manager may end up driving a Renault nxt year but i'd rather scoop out my eyeballs than believe that pair of twisted Bavarians.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 00:12 (Ref:905414)   #9
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never quite trusted that willi weber and really don't see why the shuey's have him around.
Sure ralf NEEDS him (and isn't that a sad thing to admit to) but michael could do his own pay negotiations .

Of course there is the need to have someone in charge of a drivers time (media,interviews etc) I guess if you had to talk to WW you might think it not worth bothering michael,lol.Maybe michael planned it that way
Old 15 Mar 2004, 00:13 (Ref:905415)   #10
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...And i'll say it again-it is SOOO funny seeing willi trying to get the better of Frank,ROTFL
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:04 (Ref:905451)   #11
single keel
Rookie

single keel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think, Ralf to Toyota, Webber to Williams, and Possibly Gene to step up to Williams drive.

Perhaps Willi should remember what happened to Hill, Mansell... etc
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:31 (Ref:905459)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button and Webber at Williams in 2005 - pretty certain I'd reckon.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 01:37 (Ref:905463)   #13
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally posted by single keel
I think, Ralf to Toyota, Webber to Williams, and Possibly Gene to step up to Williams drive.
Agreed! But Gene should step up NOW, and let Ralf find a job on his own time, not Williams!

Welcome to the forum single keel!

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:32 (Ref:905654)   #14
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Who / What to believe??

Quote:
[i]You can't believe anything you read about F1 it seems. No wonder they call it the F1 circus. [/B]
Yes, we cant. We cant believe anything we read, hear, or watch. Not just F1 news, but all news. We have to be carefully.

In other said, sometime we can believe what we read about F1 it seems. For instance, Montoya-McLaren was rumour until confirmed.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 09:53 (Ref:905681)   #15
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the problem of having at least one driver to count on about next year car design and testing, will be relevant in the second part of the season.
If one of the two current drivers will not be on the top of the pack, it will be better to replace him with a driver for 2005, to trust for the new improvements to bring forward, and keep the other one to battle for the WDC.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 01:12 (Ref:907792)   #16
Kirk
Veteran

One must wonder what Frank and Patrick think. I am sure they are not comfortable facing the prospect of losing both drivers at the same time. It also begs the question: Is that the card that Weber is playing? Sounds like an agent ploy to me and it just may backfire on he and his client.