Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 1 Oct 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1724412)   #1
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chat Room - Whats the deal

whats happening with the chat room???

i go into the new chat rooms and there is never anyone there

i think we have the old one but there is no link to it

Old 1 Oct 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1724426)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
go to http://www.phishy.net and you can find it through the links there, it's #motorsport

The new one I believe is still undergoing "trials" but that one does host Marshals Monday, I believe.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 15:11 (Ref:1724478)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats exactly right.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 15:14 (Ref:1724482)   #4
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suze
The new one I believe is still undergoing "trials" but that one does host Marshals Monday, I believe.
Spot on - you are more than welcome to join either room at the moment (particularly so we can continue testing things out) - but the old "#motorsport" is still the main room and where most people are
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
i think we have the old one but there is no link to it
Use http://tentenths.com/chat/
Quote:
i go into the new chat rooms and there is never anyone there

Generally in chat rooms there are people who join, see no-one is chatting, and quit straight away. Of course, 2 minutes later someone else does exactly the same, and 2 minutes later someone else
If you do wish to join the new room - please hang around a while and someone may well appear shortly after!
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1725486)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
May be just me but the new room is crashing again every time with fox.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:25 (Ref:1725511)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
May be just me but the new room is crashing again every time with fox.
It works fine with Fox for me.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:27 (Ref:1725518)   #7
Suze
Veteran

England
Hms ok, here it loads the top two lines (whatever that is) then crashes.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1725524)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably your Flash plug-in for Fox is at fault.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1726210)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It works fine in fox for me too.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1731363)   #10
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm running Firefox on Linux and installed the ChatZilla IRC client extension for Firefox (works with fox on windows too):

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/16/

Then go to...
irc://irc.phishy.net/motorsport

This starts up ChatZilla and connects just fine.

On the other hand, the ten-tenths Chat link initially seems to start, loads a Java thing... but then locks up/crashes firefox.
Old 19 Nov 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1769342)   #11
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My opinion on the new chat system - not a fan i'm afraid.

I don't like the look, and didn't think there was anything wrong with the old one.

However, I appreciate that it will be more accessible to more people given than IRC isn't a very prevelant medium for regular computer users, so i'll reserve absolute judgement until i've used it for a few weeks
Old 22 Nov 2006, 22:54 (Ref:1772643)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
My opinion on the new chat system - not a fan i'm afraid.

I don't like the look, and didn't think there was anything wrong with the old one.
I had problems with the other one but do agree with some of the points above.
However, now I've managed to mute the sfx I'm ok!
(Sounded like bloody wind-chimes in a gale when loads of users were posting!)