Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Jan 2018, 15:51 (Ref:3790326)   #11
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Understanding that the GT4 cars are much cheaper than GT3 on initial purchase, is there really much difference in running costs when it comes to the costs that don't change? I.e. tires and fuel. If you ran a GT4 car for the same length of time (full IMSA season) as a GT3 car, would it really be exponentially cheaper, or would it just be a few hundred thousand dollars.

Unless it was MUCH much cheaper, I can't see it appealing to many people. The GS teams and drivers wouldn't be able to afford it, and the current GTD teams (or more specifically, the paying drivers) wouldn't necessarily find the slower GT4 cars all that attractive? The John Potters and Christina Nielsens of the world have the money to drive the fancy exciting cars, and stepping it back to GT4 may lose their interest.
I imagine spares for GT4 are cheaper than the GT3 too. That could be a big part.

IMSA GTDs are BoP'd back to get a gap to the GTLM cars. GT3 has crept up in speed, so I assume GT4 will too. GT4 may well replace GTD at some point.