Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Apr 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3814204)   #101
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Not a single commercial! I can put up with the Mothers' logo on the screen for more of that. Plus, Mothers make top notch stuff anyway.

...still miss Hobbo though.
Yeah. Hobbs has been a mainstay on coverage for years. Not the same without him, but I hope he's sitting on a beach with a cold drink in hand. He deserves some R&R.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3814433)   #102
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
still had commercials for the SKY feed in Canada but a lot less and only one poorly timed one in and around Kimi's pit stop. our sports network (TSN) takes a lot of cues from ESPN so i hope the no commercial philosophy migrates over.

for sure those in other time zones are no doubt and understandably not enjoying the later start time but for the western hemisphere markets/time zones i think it was great.
Old 9 Apr 2018, 16:48 (Ref:3814459)   #103
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My wife and I noted with great pleasure the lack of advertising interruptions on ESPN2 during the race. An entire sporting event without advertising is extremely rare on U.S. television. Thanks to ESPN for this.

Now ... if they would provide SKY's pre- and post-race analysis, that would be excellent.

- Jeff
Old 9 Apr 2018, 22:15 (Ref:3814546)   #104
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I would also like it if they would show some post race stuff on espn2. But they did have the 30 minute pre race show. Which also only had 2 commercial breaks, which for half an hour is pretty impressive.
Old 10 Apr 2018, 02:59 (Ref:3814569)   #105
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I would also like it if they would show some post race stuff on espn2. But they did have the 30 minute pre race show. Which also only had 2 commercial breaks, which for half an hour is pretty impressive.
That it was only 2? PTI, 30 min show, used to have 5-6 breaks every day. Open, break, first segment, break, second, break, interview, break, conclusion, break, goodbye and final round. And on demand included all those Red Stripe and Guinness commercials without ability to fast forward
Old 10 Apr 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3814749)   #106
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well I guess the answer is no commercials

https://jalopnik.com/espn-will-air-f...l-o-1825156726
Old 10 Apr 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3814751)   #107
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Holy cow! So much for the concern over losing nbcsn...
Old 11 Apr 2018, 00:07 (Ref:3814757)   #108
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow! I think I am going to go buy some Mothers Polish now!

Richard
Old 11 Apr 2018, 01:08 (Ref:3814771)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I might have to actually add ESPN to my sling account and watch. Have always used Mother's stuff myself, but good to know my money was well spent
Old 11 Apr 2018, 01:22 (Ref:3814774)   #110
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just saw this commercial free news. Brilliant!

Can we have a chat with Fox and IMSA now?
Old 11 Apr 2018, 01:39 (Ref:3814776)   #111
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Okay everyone, buy enough mothers products this week that will last you the next 10 years, even if you don't need it!
Old 11 Apr 2018, 02:46 (Ref:3814783)   #112
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I actually went so far as to purchase the domain name ESPNF1Sucks.com. No joke!

It appears I may not need the domain name after all!

- Jeff
Old 24 Apr 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3817131)   #113
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ESPN has F1 broadcasting rights in the US, but it was Fox Sports, under its Premium signal, which has it in Latin America.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3817883)   #114
Christopher
Racer

Australia
Peak Crossing, Queensland.
Christopher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic but I wasn't aware ch10/one were showing the F1 this year in Australia, thought i read earlier in the year we'd get to see Melbourne and you'd have to have Fox to see any other race, but surprisingly for me at least we're getting highlights at least on FTA.