Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2018, 08:26 (Ref:3824711)   #351
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
If you look at them you will go straight to hell........you have been warned..
Old 26 May 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3824722)   #352
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, the Monaco decision does seem to back up my original assertion about 100 years ago (or so it seems) on Ten Tenths that the girls are just there for men to ogle at.

Grand Prix racing doesn't appear ground to have ground to a halt due to their absence.
Old 27 May 2018, 12:49 (Ref:3824916)   #353
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I got a glimpse of the grid girls but with the media scrum it was hard to be sure. I think they are dressed in red and white trouser-suits?
Old 27 May 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3824917)   #354
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The beautiful and glamorous girls of Monaco, along with some confused males!

Old 27 May 2018, 23:15 (Ref:3825122)   #355
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That's some equality
Old 28 May 2018, 07:49 (Ref:3825153)   #356
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
still irritates me no end, but i like the idea of having them work as couples.
Old 28 May 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3825298)   #357
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
there was an unintentionally hilarious moment on the SKY broadcast when Flavio interrupted a grid interview (with Ross Brawn i believe) to share his views of the girls on the grid...Brundle couldnt get away from Flav fast enough.

not the worst thing i have heard but certainly a cringe worthy moment.

anyways, guys, girls, and kids out there. seemed like a reasonable compromise. even Prince Albert came across as more accessible and the Princess was even taking slugs from the champers.

cant help but feel that this more progressive approach in general made for a more open and inviting event.
Old 28 May 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3825305)   #358
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a very good shot.....
Old 28 May 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3825308)   #359
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect the puritans will be seeking to ban Her Royal Highness Princess Charlene from all future Monaco GPs on 1mthe basis that she's lovely and a fun person.
Old 28 May 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3825309)   #360
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With an abundance of decorum. After all, she couldn't really do a 'shoey' in those ones......
Old 28 May 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3825313)   #361
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
But then again it might have tasted better than drinking from Daniels rather sweaty boot
Old 29 May 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3825384)   #362
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Princess was even taking slugs from the champers.
That was so fake. The champers never even got close to the tip of the bottle. Prince Albert did take a gulp, but Princess Charlene did not drink from the bottle. Not a drop.

It was one of those do something you don't want to do just so you'll be popular with everyone around you moments.

Old 29 May 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3825385)   #363
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
That was so fake. The champers never even got close to the tip of the bottle. Prince Albert did take a gulp, but Princess Charlene did not drink from the bottle. Not a drop.

It was one of those do something you don't want to do just so you'll be popular with everyone around you moments.

I didn't think it was that calculated, more a case of I'm not happy about this but I'll go along with it as I cant really refuse with everyone watching...
Old 29 May 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3825389)   #364
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
probably worth saying that any well educated lady is taught never to drink from a bottle of champagne because it bubbles back and goes everywhere. plus it's also not very classy and would be frowned upon...

those bad boys are heavy, she probably tipped it so far and decided it wasn't worth the risk, particularly as a member of the royal family.
Old 29 May 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3825507)   #365
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
probably worth saying that any well educated lady is taught never to drink from a bottle of champagne because it bubbles back and goes everywhere. plus it's also not very classy and would be frowned upon...

those bad boys are heavy, she probably tipped it so far and decided it wasn't worth the risk, particularly as a member of the royal family.

Best bit about that picture is the reactions of everyone else to Charlene's antics, every face tells a story even Adrian brushing a hand over the back of his head. It's actually a great shot.
Old 29 May 2018, 19:30 (Ref:3825521)   #366
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
She seems to not be up to much anyway, but it’s funny how Newey is still enjoying being up there
Old 29 May 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3825527)   #367
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
She seems to not be up to much anyway, but it’s funny how Newey is still enjoying being up there
So you have inside knowledge about her private life then?
Old 29 May 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3825528)   #368
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well I know she’s still married to Albert, but she doesn’t seem to do much GP time
Old 30 May 2018, 04:23 (Ref:3825588)   #369
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

This is a little sexist. If men, both well educated and not, can drink from a bottle of champagne, in the interest of equality, a lady, educated or not, should feel comfortable and welcome to drink from one as well. It is insulting that one action that is so inoccuous would be used as a judgment of class or be frowned upon.
Old 30 May 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3825658)   #370
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
Best bit about that picture is the reactions of everyone else to Charlene's antics, every face tells a story even Adrian brushing a hand over the back of his head. It's actually a great shot.
indeed. totally a great shot.

Quote:

with all due respect, you have been pretty clear on your dislike of Liberty's decision but here we are now talking about a picture of probably the first women to actually ever actively take part in a podium celebration and your first instinct is to knock her as doing something 'fake' and doing something for the sake of being popular.

honestly im at a loss to understand that one.
Old 30 May 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3825659)   #371
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

You don't know that. Have you ever drunk Champagne straight from the bottle?
Old 30 May 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3825690)   #372
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
chilibowl I am right there with your comments. Apparently nobody is allowed to have fun in F1. And clearly nobody is allowed to discuss anything positive in this thread.

Richard
Old 30 May 2018, 17:29 (Ref:3825691)   #373
S griffin
Veteran

Well I like these comments. Of course people are allowed to have fun in F1. But we all love debate
Old 30 May 2018, 18:35 (Ref:3825709)   #374
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
chilibowl I am right there with your comments. Apparently nobody is allowed to have fun in F1. And clearly nobody is allowed to discuss anything positive in this thread.

Richard
There you go. Agreed. As I said before, on whatever level you choose to view it, its still a great shot and a delightful moment.