Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3740926)   #76
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Search on the Auto Sport forums, because that's where I was told it was found.

Posts 134-136:

http://forums.autosport.com/topic/20...ns-2017/page-3
Quote:
there are rumours that Porsche will leave WEC after 2017.
Quote:
perhaps a entry in Formula E.

Source is: Motorsport aktuell (without Formula E, just the Porsche pull out rumour).
What is Motorport Aktuell? This Swiss site or is it a paper magazine too? I can't find anything here:

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/me...t-7996244.html

And some navigation links redirects to AMuS: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport-aktuell/

and the Le Mans section there: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/2...s-1860856.html

had nothing but normal race hype and previews.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3740927)   #77
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
If this alleged new is bad, the only thing I can think of is Porsche or maybe Toyota cutting back or withdrawing their LMP1 programs, or a major shift in the WEC's schedule for next year. It's clear that no changes will be happening to LMP2 unless the ACO are convinced to make it. And I don't think that it's got anything to do GTE BOP.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3740932)   #78
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
What is Motorport Aktuell? This Swiss site or is it a paper magazine too? I can't find anything here:

http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/me...t-7996244.html

And some navigation links redirects to AMuS: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport-aktuell/

and the Le Mans section there: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/2...s-1860856.html

had nothing but normal race hype and previews.
Motorsport Aktuell (short: MSA) is a weekly paper magazine - so things not being on their website don't mean that they aren't in the print edition.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3740933)   #79
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It doesn't make it confirmed, but it also doesn't make it not confirmed. This is how the Audi rumours started.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3740935)   #80
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No, the Audi rumours started with an actual article by Marcus Schurig. You know, one that actually exists for people to read rather than the figment of other people's imagination.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3740940)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorchess View Post
No, the Audi rumours started with an actual article by Marcus Schurig. You know, one that actually exists for people to read rather than the figment of other people's imagination.
So not on internet = not real?
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3740941)   #82
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, those blasted magazines, being a figment of imagination! I hate when magazines just don't exist, especially when they don't exist as printed paper and stuff!

If someone says it's in there, it's probably in there. Doesn't make it true, but I don't doubt the article exists. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours didn't start with Marcus - that was just the first really good article on it. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours were going since, oh I don't know, about 2003.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3740942)   #83
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I've been told that the report is probably in their print magazine. Unfortunately, I don't think any place in the US carries it, certainly not any place locally. I'm glad to get Racecar Engineering at my local book store.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3740943)   #84
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah, those blasted magazines, being a figment of imagination! I hate when magazines just don't exist, especially when they don't exist as printed paper and stuff!

If someone says it's in there, it's probably in there. Doesn't make it true, but I don't doubt the article exists. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours didn't start with Marcus - that was just the first really good article on it. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours were going since, oh I don't know, about 2003.
Audi Sport to F1 rumors have existed since after they won Le Mans in 2000. Remember that everyone and their brother in LMP900 and LMGTP aside from Audi defected to F1 or other series after 1999.

People try and make the F1 connection by Auto Union (predecessor to present day Audi, and where Audi got their four rings logo from) running in Grand Prix racing (predecessor to modern day F1) prior to World War II.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3740946)   #85
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Those rumors back in 2003 probably weren't saying Audi will leave in 2016, so it is not like they can be counted all as the same, one, "the" rumor.

The timing here is what I don't get since these decisions at the company level are made at the end of the year. I think the Marcus Schurig article also came just a few weeks or couple of months before the actual pullout news came. (Also, wasn't the initial suggestion that Audi would leave after 2017).

Yes, there's maybe now a lot of media at the paddock right now but for the same reason unfounded rumor would spread easily.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:42 (Ref:3740947)   #86
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Those rumors back in 2003 probably weren't saying Audi will leave in 2016, so it is not like they can be counted all as the same, one, "the" rumor.

The timing here is what I don't get since these decisions at the company level are made at the end of the year. I think the Marcus Schurig article also came just a few weeks or couple of months before the actual pullout news came. (Also, wasn't the initial suggestion that Audi would leave after 2017).

Yes, there's maybe now a lot of media at the paddock right now but for the same reason unfounded rumor would spread easily.
Not sure if we already discussed this on here, but Porsche seems to be getting sucked into Dieselgate right now...
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3740950)   #87
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure if we already discussed this on here, but Porsche seems to be getting sucked into Dieselgate right now...
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/por...tions-surface/

But they're all at it. It's just a matter of degree - http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...missions-fraud
Old 13 Jun 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3740953)   #88
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't see much connection here yet since there is only an investigation, and it is not like this is the first time Porsche has been connected to the dieselgate. It was already back in 2015.

A newspaper did tests, Porsche denied them, hence an official investigation.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/por...tions-surface/

Edit: same link as Akrapovic posted.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3740955)   #89
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So not on internet = not real?
One post on some random internet forum = not real.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3740960)   #90
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Dagys was referring to the new diesel class for the WEC, trying to improve the road tech through racing but apparently they, like Top Gear, used touring car drivers to test.

Towsend Bell's twitter feed found the first slow zone

It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.