Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 Jan 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1501201)   #1
Englishman
Rookie

England
Englishman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Returning Marshal

After 9 years on the bank I took last year off from marshalling. Over the Christmas holiday I have ummed and ahhed about what to do for this season and have finally decided to return.

Why did I take a year off?

I'd started to get fed up with the lack of appreciation from some clubs (I don't mean financial just common old appreciation) and the plainly stupid timetables of many clubs. I'd also become tired of listening to fellow marshals moan but still volunteer. Not wanting to get the same I decided to get some time away.

What makes me return?

Mainly I miss being close to the action and playing my part in motorsport. Watching MotorsTV isn't the same as being on the bank.

Also I missed the marshalling cameraderie, yes some are moaners but most are great company and entertainment for a weekend.

So what am I doing?

I always wanted to be a flag marshal, so this year I'm going to do it. Training first, Cadwell Park here I come!! Then book some dates through the season with clubs that don't take the P.

Hope to see some of you during the season. If any of you experienced flag marshals have some tips I'm always keen to listen and learn.

Have a good season everyone,

The Returnee