Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Apr 2016, 18:13 (Ref:3633060)   #776
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I prefer the original look.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3633062)   #777
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Same here.

The initial 2015 look was my fav, even if the performances the kit produced were even more questionable.

Old 15 Apr 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3633065)   #778
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here, but it looks decent (nowhere near as ugly as the Audi)
Old 15 Apr 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3633066)   #779
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing looks as bad as the new Audi.

(in LMP)
Old 19 Apr 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3634857)   #780
Deleted
Veteran

Guess the pace was "OK" for momentarily keeping the Swiss at bay in the opening stages, even though they started from the back so it's kind of unfair comparison.

But suspension obviously killed them to stay in the pits for too long. Wasn't that one of the areas that got updated? Or did that actually made it's way to this interim-2015/16, whatever version of the car that raced.

At least there didn't seem to be any issues with AER this time. And the new yellow sticker on the raised nose helped on the looks a bit.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3635385)   #781
Deleted
Veteran

Guess finishing on the "podium" for the sub class isn't as worthless as I thought...

As it gets you on the front of the sports section in mag

Old 21 Apr 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3635392)   #782
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If ByKolles manage to get a second chassis running there could actually be a race for that podium. Just imagine...
Old 21 Apr 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3635393)   #783
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah I know, finishing a race without automatically getting a trophy for it, how weird would that be?!
Old 21 Apr 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3635405)   #784
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just noticed that they have three different racing suits. Could it be just because of personal sponsors? But they don't even have a matching design, James Rossiter's seems to be from the time they had the white livery with the yellow stripe.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3635408)   #785
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
Just noticed that they have three different racing suits. Could it be just because of personal sponsors? But they don't even have a matching design, James Rossiter's seems to be from the time they had the white livery with the yellow stripe.
It's like Star Trek Generations, the producers were too lazy to care that the Enterprise crew was now suddenly using both TNG and DS9 uniforms for some reason. It's either "Oh whatever no-one will notice" or "aren't they the same thing?"
Old 21 Apr 2016, 14:27 (Ref:3635413)   #786
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see this team do well but with out a valuable second car gaining data they are limited to the amount of feedback and development.
A top 5 at LM is doable if you say one each of the works cars go out ?
Porsche
Audi
Toyota
Rebellion
ByKolles

Bit IMHO that is the only way of them getting a sniff. Car only has one more race before LM along with the LM Test and practice.
It didn't really come close to matching the Rebellion, finishing 14th overall and 9laps a drift of the nearest LMP1 car in it's class .......

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Apr 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3635495)   #787
Deleted
Veteran

I hope they can pull miracles but even if they have diamond perfect race with no longer than usual stoppages in garage, I suspect that in addition to at least two factory cars and Rebellions dropping off it will also need some unreliability/accidents for the leading LMP2s. CLM may have better one lap pace but on the long run the P2s still seem to have edge, albeit LM should suit the car better* than the F1 tracks. Just as it does Rebellion.

*I don't think we can count too much on last year's "performance". But they surprised us by making it to the finish, well almost if they hadn't been disqualified. So everything is possible I suppose.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3635496)   #788
Mikelancs
Rookie

I think usually in the LMP2 class at LeMans the attrition rate is higher which is something we need to factor in if they are get a top 5. A top 5 in LMP1 is doable if as I put earlier there are some accidents and mechanical problems within the works teams.
Also are Toyota running three cars?
I expect CLM will be running two!?

Old 21 Apr 2016, 19:23 (Ref:3635497)   #789
Deleted
Veteran

No the LMP1 field at Le Mans is exactly the same as in WEC this year unfortunately, but Toyota might or might not have third car next year, same with Kolles in expanding to two.

I had expected them to field two chassis this year already but as we've learned since, even the sole car Kolles is running right now isn't the "actual" 2016-spec one they kept talking about over the winter but rather some interim. The "new" two chassis will come out later, probably fall??

As for LMP2 attrition at LM, I don't know, it's been pretty standard-mediocre for few years now (as with all the classes), used to be lot bigger of course.
Old 21 Apr 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3635523)   #790
Mikelancs
Rookie

I have to say in resent years I have enjoyed the privateer right at LM (as this is the race I go to yearly) and more over the LMP2 battle! Interested to see how the 3 Ford's get on ! Be great to see some private run versions of the GT

Old 5 May 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3638928)   #791
Deleted
Veteran

Running the wing a little lower aren't they?

You so rarely get inside shot of this secretive car

Old 5 May 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3638956)   #792
Deleted
Veteran

DSC:
The #4 ByKolles CLM suffered engine problems in FP1 but the team completed remedial work in time for the car to complete the whole of FP2.

So was that the first AER related issue of the year (in official sessions)?

I'm hesitant to say so as I'm still unsure what happened to Rebellion in qualifying for Silverstone. And of course Kolles might have had something earlier
Old 5 May 2016, 21:05 (Ref:3638962)   #793
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for the cockpit shot Chiana, I've never seen inside the car before and come to think of it I've never seen mention of the cockpit of that car by anyone
Old 5 May 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3638970)   #794
Deleted
Veteran

In Soviet Russia, the photographer would've been sent to Siberia for revealing the secret shrine to the world
Old 9 May 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3640330)   #795
Deleted
Veteran

DSC says they had another engine issue in the race, despite finishing in okay ish position. Is CLM running different version of AER to Rebellion?

Last year, the team was actually capable of beating top of LMP2 couple of times in races towards the end, but now it's sliding backwards again. Although one pace lap has improved, they are nort able to capitalize on the hybrid car misfortunes at all, unlike the Swiss
Old 9 May 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3640336)   #796
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
DSC says they had another engine issue in the race, despite finishing in okay ish position. Is CLM running different version of AER to Rebellion?

Last year, the team was actually capable of beating top of LMP2 couple of times in races towards the end, but now it's sliding backwards again. Although one pace lap has improved, they are nort able to capitalize on the hybrid car misfortunes at all, unlike the Swiss
Rebellion have moved back to the same iteration of AER P60 that ByKolles is using - unless something has changed very recently all three LMP1 Privateer cars have the same spec of AER
Old 9 May 2016, 14:13 (Ref:3640349)   #797
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Rebellion have moved back to the same iteration of AER P60 that ByKolles is using - unless something has changed very recently all three LMP1 Privateer cars have the same spec of AER
Righto

Whatever issues hybrids might face at LM, I think we will still have to raise a small question mark over the AER longetivity too. On both teams carrying them.
Old 9 May 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3640458)   #798
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Their report from Spa is up on their page. Like reported elsewhere, they speak about engine issues and setup being hampered because of it.
Old 9 May 2016, 20:09 (Ref:3640460)   #799
Deleted
Veteran

Interesting that they are still "learning" the Dunlops.
Old 10 May 2016, 04:03 (Ref:3640540)   #800
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Interesting that they are still "learning" the Dunlops.
To learn the Dunlops, one assumes that means going testing. This is something that I do not think comes into their strategy planning?