Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2002, 11:55 (Ref:257179)   #1
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
German ALFA 147 Diesel Cup

Hello guys, can any of you tell me more about this series ? I dont speak german, so i dont quite understand what type of budget will be necessary to race there.
Any german speaking help would be great.

http://www.racing1.de/2001/index.pht...p&display=news
Old 11 Apr 2002, 12:19 (Ref:257199)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, from what I can gather, the cars cost 50,000 Euros new, including roll cage, race seat, harness, window netting and fire extinguisher. Engines are built to the same level. Entry fees seem to be 2,500 Euros. Repairs by the team to the engines are limited to stop tampering. Wheels/tyres are 18*8 wheels with road legal tyres. The series expects to give 534,000 Euros in total prize money over the year - prizes being for race wins, junior cup, ladies cup and fastest lap and fastest qualifying time.

I guess for budget you'd have to account for race entry, buying the car, any replacement parts, tyres/wheels and of course any panel damage incurred throughout the season.

That's about all I can decipher, but it's been fun de-rusting my German!
Old 11 Apr 2002, 15:17 (Ref:257352)   #3
NME
Racer

Vielen danke Maisie !

I will call the organisers to have some team contacts, cause i am looking to a arrive'n'drive deal.
Cheers
Old 11 Apr 2002, 16:41 (Ref:257387)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
An important point: the regulations state that only drivers who registered for the competition before 15 Feb 2002 will be eligible. No harm in asking, though - they may not have had as many entries as they hoped.
Old 11 Apr 2002, 17:46 (Ref:257429)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, now here's a question, are there many race series around the world running with diesels?
NME, if you do manage to get a drive, please pop back here and keep us up to date on your progress
Old 11 Apr 2002, 19:07 (Ref:257466)   #6
NME
Racer

There are a couple of racing series using Diesel race cars. Here in Portugal we have a National championship for Turbo-Diesel cars. In 2000 i finished 6th in my rookie season driving a Fiat Bravo JTD 105GT (tell me how to send pics). The championship also features VW Golf TDI, SEAT Ibiza TDI and BMW 320d. There is also in FRANCE some interesting SingleSeater Diesel racing and ... they also are ECOLOGICAL !? Yes it is true. They use Formula Campus chassis with Renault 1.9 Tdi engines. Slicks'n'wings. The organisers are (www.signature-team.com) a French F3 teamor (http://www.xl-event.com/monoplaces). To end this Diesel Tour there is an European Cup organised by Peroni Promotion (www.gruppoperoni.it/promotion/index.php?camp=10).

If you can tell me how to put pics in the messages, i will be glad to send you photographic evidence of how Turbo-Diesel racing is fun.
Try to see it here:
http://www.velosomotorsport.com/foto...o_bravo_1.jpg, http://www.vngaia.online.pt/ws_nelso...ril_2001_1.jpg