Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Aug 2007, 19:27 (Ref:1996969)   #1
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington 01/02 September

Looks like a good meeting,

I know it clashes with others, but if you're free, please come and help.

Especially me in the pits follow the link......

http://www.marshals.org.uk/pdf/DEST.pdf

and/or read the info........

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...61#post1996961

Last edited by thepits!; 26 Aug 2007 at 19:30.

But don't care.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1996979)   #2
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not in the pits but am sending an email tonight to volunteer myself for ES.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1997833)   #3
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
thepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthepits! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
I'm not in the pits but am sending an email tonight to volunteer myself for ES.
Thanks Robin,

Anymore?

"Every little helps" - now where have I heard that before?

But don't care.
Old 27 Aug 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1997850)   #4
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm coming, but as it's my first meeting & my backs not excatly what it should be, I'm not sure that I'll be too much, if any, help. I was advised that I shoud be able to work on the assembly, pits, startline. But I'll certainly try not to be too much of a hinderence.
Looking forward to it & to meeting & making new friends.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1998340)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Martin Donnelly will be racing in the Elise Trophy which should make for an exciting race.

There are going to be plenty of prizes in the marshals raffle with donations from GPR Direct, Lotus on Track Elise Trophy and MSVR so if you are not doing anything that weekend please dust off your overalls and come along to help. Marshals are still needed!
Old 28 Aug 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1998353)   #6
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Rugby
I'm coming, but as it's my first meeting & my backs not excatly what it should be, I'm not sure that I'll be too much, if any, help. I was advised that I shoud be able to work on the assembly, pits, startline. But I'll certainly try not to be too much of a hinderence.
Looking forward to it & to meeting & making new friends.
Col, you're on Simon's list and he'll be very pleased to see you
Old 28 Aug 2007, 12:59 (Ref:1998387)   #7
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
you're on Simon's list and he'll be very pleased to see you
Simon is a very nice marshal who will look after you, he is used to doing meetings with limited pits numbers(Rockingham max for an scsa meeting in pits is 3, this season he will have done pits twice on his own for whole weekends and all the saturdays he was there) he will be VERY pleased to see you.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1998740)   #8
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by new marshal mat
Simon is a very nice marshal who will look after you,
Blush.....

Quote:
he is used to doing meetings with limited pits numbers (Rockingham max for an scsa meeting in pits is 3, this season he will have done pits twice on his own for whole weekends and all the saturdays he was there)
true (phew!)

Quote:
he will be VERY pleased to see you.
oh yes - I need a rest - Piglet are you reading this?

But don't care.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1998747)   #9
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepits!
Blush.....
i can feel the heat all the way from over here.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1998982)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Blush.....
I think he's thinking of another Simon

Quote:

true (phew!)

oh yes - I need a rest - Piglet are you reading this?
Yeah yeah, I'll be there, wearing a number of different hats by the sounds of things!

Any more pits/startline volunteers would be very well received...

SheilaM any chance of you flying to show us the ropes for your pit lane? I haven't been to Donny for so long I'm not sure I can remember where it is!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:09 (Ref:1999126)   #11
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan and I are both doing Startline at the moment. However, depending how sign-on goes, we may end up going out on circuit, possibly doing both.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1999133)   #12
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've volunteered for pits/startline on the Sunday.

Jim
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:20 (Ref:1999137)   #13
thepits!
Veteran

England
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
I've volunteered for pits/startline on the Sunday.

Jim
Four!

But don't care.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1999147)   #14
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Four!
Does that include me? if so it's more like 3 and a bit - I'll be multi-tasking
Old 29 Aug 2007, 17:47 (Ref:1999362)   #15
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Originally just doing Sunday, but my daughter ,who's 15th birthday is on Saturday ,has decided to go to Lincolnshire for the weekend. So now I'll be there all weekend
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:10 (Ref:1999384)   #16
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
Originally just doing Sunday, but my daughter ,who's 15th birthday is on Saturday ,has decided to go to Lincolnshire for the weekend. So now I'll be there all weekend
Be good to see you there Chris!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1999400)   #17
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Be good to see you there Chris!
See you there Robin. Is ''Gravel Slag'' coming too?
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:40 (Ref:1999403)   #18
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Nope, he is getting ready for the 24 hour and having a weekend off. Or I'm having the weekend off. Not sure!
Old 29 Aug 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1999407)   #19
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Oh well never mind. I'll speak to him at the LMES meeting then.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 21:08 (Ref:1999552)   #20
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
I think he's thinking of another Simon
wait wait

might be

wait i dont think i am

im not

maybe an overstatement though with the very
Old 2 Sep 2007, 20:55 (Ref:2002070)   #21
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
A good weekend, biggish grids( which didn't reflect the programme ), good company at the cage, everything running well until the last race today......it started raining and the cars had to go back in for wet tyres. Still we only finished 20 mins late.
Old 2 Sep 2007, 21:15 (Ref:2002079)   #22
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
I'm amazed I made it through the Saturday! I said I would flag if I was given a nice post. Then was given a program and a report pad. Coppice - 17.

We were a bit thin on the ground but I was optimistic! After the red flag with 3 palmer Audi's in the gravel I realised I can't physically flag and phone in the incident!

Was really good fun, I was made to feel welcome and was given encouragement by my team on the Saturday. Luckily I had Faye observing as I was flagging today so lots of fun and less stressful!

Thanks for putting up with me at Doni and I hope to see you again soon!
Old 2 Sep 2007, 21:23 (Ref:2002085)   #23
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Glad you enjoyed yourself Robin. You will always be made welcome at Donington.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2002433)   #24
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I made it through my first meeting!!! I absolutly throughly enjoyed it. I had made up my mind not to name anyone individually because I met a fair few people & I would probably miss someone & I don't want to offend anyone by doing that. But I am going to name a couple. Firstly Simon for looking after me so well, showing me the ropes, explaining everything in such simple terms that I could understand it, answering every question perfectly (including the dumb ones) whilst trying to listen to the radio (he had a dodgy connection, or my voice was affecting him),for the tour round race control & explaing how everything works in there, for showing me the way out of the track after I did a bit of a "track day" on the Saturday having got lost on the way in, turned left instead of right at the entrance ,lol, for whetting my appetite that much that I'll definatly be back. Thank you Simon it was a pleasure to meet & spend a couple of days with you.
Secondly I'd like to thank Anita for making the time to come & find me & introduce yourself & check I was ok on both days. I know how difficult it was for you. I didn't think you were seven foot tall!! It must have been all the hats that you were wearing that made you look so tall. lol. Thank you.
Thank you to everyone else who I met & chatted to & made me feel so welcome.
Sorry I missed you Robin but I'm sure our paths will cross soon. Might of guessed you'd be near coppice. Bet you got just a close look at some on the FPA's as we did in the pits. lol.
Old 3 Sep 2007, 10:22 (Ref:2002435)   #25
Robin_D
Veteran

Warwickshire, UK
Thanks Col!

Even our Trainee had sussed that I was trouble at the end of that session.

It got worse in the afternoon when our second lotus had spun in the gravel, I called it in, requested a snatch. Then saw the driver pointing and muffled shouting, only to see the car on fire.
The message after that went along the lines of "Car 22 is now on fire, we are attempting to extinguish"

Was a great laugh overall!