Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3965424)   #201
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese oh la la

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Gonna have to take arctic wear for the weather.
Actually September can be really excellent weather on the continent - let's just hope it isn't too bad and that the race goes ahead then as well.

It's going to be a long summer.

Maybe we need to work out a virtual Le Mans? Actually will the e-racing stuff happen anyway?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 02:38 (Ref:3965455)   #202
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Well that means unfortunately I won't be seeing you all this year. Man, that's Sebring rescheduled to a time I can't go, and now Le Mans as well.

Now I guess the only thing to do is see if I can recover some of the money I've already spent. I try to be responsible by paying for things in advance and thereby getting discounted rates, this time it may come back to bite me in the arse.
Bugger
Old 19 Mar 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3965471)   #203
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably the test day on september 6th because they just announced the 24h motorbikes will take place in August 29th.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 19 Mar 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3965477)   #204
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Probably the test day on september 6th because they just announced the 24h motorbikes will take place in August 29th
This seems like a great year to bin off the test day.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:07 (Ref:3965480)   #205
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Andrew how is snow compared to the forbidden word?
Well, we had it at Silverstone a few years ago, so I guess we'd survive it!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3965481)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Probably the test day on september 6th because they just announced the 24h motorbikes will take place in August 29th.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Eric, it would be interesting to know (as soon as possible) whether the normal format for the race week will be maintained, i.e. scrutineering on the Sunday and Monday preceding. We're all rebooked for crossings at the same equivalent time, so fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This seems like a great year to bin off the test day.
Far too sensible!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:30 (Ref:3965499)   #207
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That was in April, got open car out and drove there with roof down on Friday, on saturday morning we drove to circuit in a snow storm.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:38 (Ref:3965503)   #208
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What, you don't know the famous Indian summer of la Sarthe ?
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:40 (Ref:3965505)   #209
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Got an email from the ACO explaining refund procedures for race tickets but nothing about camping ones, have gone back to ask if they will be valid for new dates and will let people know when i get a reply.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3965522)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm totally confident that all tickets, including camping tickets, will be honoured in September. The email and the notice on the ACO website refers to 'fans who have bought tickets'. It doesn't distinguish between entry tickets, grandstand tickets or camping tickets....
Old 19 Mar 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3965530)   #211
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i think that numbers in September will be much lower and not all the campsites will be required, or open.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 13:39 (Ref:3965533)   #212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think that numbers in September will be much lower and not all the campsites will be required, or open.
Tertre Rouge will be, you can virtually guarantee that.....
Old 19 Mar 2020, 15:04 (Ref:3965549)   #213
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
ACO just confirmed all sites will be open
Old 19 Mar 2020, 18:22 (Ref:3965591)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I assumed as much. There may well be people who see an advantage. Those who can never go in June, through work or whatever, may be able to go in September. It'll be interesting to see this year how many tickets start appearing on eBay by those whose plans have sadly been scuppered....
Old 19 Mar 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3965596)   #215
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep plans are in a mess for this year for everyone but as i do not have to worry about "work" i should be able to do Silverstone, spa and le mans this year but suspect there will not be a le mans classic this year, perhaps next year.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:19 (Ref:3965609)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
James and I were on the verge of committing to the Classic a few weeks ago but then decided against it. Probably just as well!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 21:08 (Ref:3965636)   #217
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
James and I were on the verge of committing to the Classic a few weeks ago but then decided against it. Probably just as well!
Well start planning for net year i think
Old 20 Mar 2020, 08:15 (Ref:3965707)   #218
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You never know which way the numbers will go for the September 24hr, it could be that some people who don't go every year and weren't going in June might decide to go in September now, especially if other races don't occur earlier in the summer.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 09:17 (Ref:3965722)   #219
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My thoughts too Guy.....
Old 20 Mar 2020, 15:42 (Ref:3965831)   #220
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just had an e mail from my tour operator asking if I wanted to cancel. I've said no, just maintain the same days for out and back.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 15:11 (Ref:3968430)   #221
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To keep the first hours on day time, Race start at 14h30.
If it starts...
Old 3 Apr 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3968450)   #222
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Big IF but fingers crossed
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:21 (Ref:3969836)   #223
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race week schedule released. Scrutineering at the circuit.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/the-g...ber-2020/53620
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3969843)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lots of free practice then. 45 mins of qualifying then the utterly daft half hour of 'hyperpole'....
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:10 (Ref:3969853)   #225
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, silly nonsense.

But I didn't realise they had moved the start to 2.30pm. That's good.
Closed Thread