Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will Villeneuve end up with 1,2,3, or 4 in '05?
Williams 9 21.43%
Jordan 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Sauber 2 4.76%
None of the Above 31 73.81%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:31 (Ref:903227)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I honestly can't see him back in F1, not in a top car especially.

Unless Williams suddenly find themselves out of a good driver (ie Flavio refuses to sell, Button decides not to go Williams, Fisi still rather want a Ferrari), would Williams turn to JV as a plug.

JV has turned out to be a rather average driver in terms of ability, in probably DC's range. And it is his attitude that really stops him from achiving anything else.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:33 (Ref:903232)   #27
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can the mods ban any thread with the name Villeneuve or intialls JV in the title.

He's not comming back, its not gonna happen. There are better younger driver who are hungry for a chance. they cost less and they give more.

its not going to happen.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:34 (Ref:903235)   #28
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by daniel27
He'll be back next year. I would put money on it.
I'll take that bet (and anyone else that has a cash surplus)
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:35 (Ref:903236)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by daniel27
He'll be back next year. I would put money on it.

Well don't ask for a loan from me for it.

Personally, I cannot see any logical reason why any of the top teams would want JV with them next season.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:47 (Ref:903252)   #30
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How about some objectivity here. No one knows if JV will be back, so don't blow him off so easily. The man did well driving for a good team and struggled with a pathetic one that he helped build from scratch. Then was unceremoniusly dumped just as BAR SEEMED to be turning the corner. Even the bashers must have some sense of curiousity whether he could rebound with a new start and regain the form he showed as a newcomer. At 32 he is still young enough. When you look at this years starting grid, he not being there is rather pathetic.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:50 (Ref:903256)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Well don't ask for a loan from me for it.

Personally, I cannot see any logical reason why any of the top teams would want JV with them next season.
Exactly. Following that logic, one team would have keep him for this season.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 13:59 (Ref:903262)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
How about some objectivity here. No one knows if JV will be back, so don't blow him off so easily. The man did well driving for a good team and struggled with a pathetic one that he helped build from scratch. Then was unceremoniusly dumped just as BAR SEEMED to be turning the corner. Even the bashers must have some sense of curiousity whether he could rebound with a new start and regain the form he showed as a newcomer. At 32 he is still young enough. When you look at this years starting grid, he not being there is rather pathetic.

Sorry, I don't agree. Simply too many years in the wilderness. Yes, he may well be good enough and I suspect he's better than several drivers currently on the grid, but that isn't going to persuade teams to take him on.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 14:13 (Ref:903275)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
Sorry Kirk, I respect your opinion abut JV, but I have the feeling we're going back somewhere in the middle of 2003. We've discussed the subject about WHY VILLEUNEVE DOES/DOESN'T DESERVE A SEAT IN F1 ad nauseam, so I don't see any point trying to bring this back.

Last edited by Bononi; 12 Mar 2004 at 14:58.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 14:27 (Ref:903289)   #34
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
TGF = Michael Schumacher if you're still not aware of it (jeez...)
perfectly aware asc11...my "who?" was directed at the name villeneuve.

whats the chances this pointless thread will reach 8 pages like all the other jv threads?

Last edited by kdr; 12 Mar 2004 at 14:30.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 14:39 (Ref:903301)   #35
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
None