Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2011, 08:00 (Ref:2884256)   #1
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa (BRA) future??

Martin Brundle touched on something yesterday that caught my attention whilst discussing the aparent lack of form from Massa of late and also who could possibly replace him at Ferrari. I know Sergio Perez is on Ferrari's books but was a bit suprised he is already being linked to Ferrari. I do think Massa will struggle to stay at Ferrari beyond next season but i assumed his replacement would be a Rosberg, Kovalinen or Kubica (before his crash).

If the perez move happens where does that leave MAssa? Would he then move back to Sauber or would Ferrari send Jules Bianchi straight over to Sauber??? its all very interesting.

your thoughts????

Last edited by Dan Fielden; 23 May 2011 at 08:06.
Old 23 May 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2884273)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
He has done reasonably well up until this weekend. Obviously Alonso is the faster driver. If Massa loses his Ferrari drive, then I would imagine that he would be able to land a drive in one of the mid pack teams.

As far as I know Ferrari dont seem to have young driver programs etc, so I would expect them to have to stump up some cash to bring in a decent replacement.
Old 23 May 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2884283)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Kubica already had some kind of option with the team, much like Alonso and Raikkonen did. I doubt Ferrari would take Robert up on 2012 now without seeing how he goes in a Renault first. This may buy Massa another year unless he really bombs again, like he did in Spain.
Old 23 May 2011, 09:04 (Ref:2884298)   #4
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
As far as I know Ferrari dont seem to have young driver programs etc, so I would expect them to have to stump up some cash to bring in a decent replacement.
Ferrari have the Ferrari Acadamey. In it is Sergio Pérez
Jules Bianchi
Mirko Bortolotti
Daniel Zampieri
Raffaele Marciello
Brandon Maisano
Lance Stroll
Nicola Costa

It is one of the stronger Driver development programs as you'd expect from a team like Ferrari. Bianchi and Perez being the two stronger one's Perez driving for Sauber and Bianchi being test and reserve driver with Fisichella at ferrari
Old 23 May 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2884333)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I think, if Ferrari were thinking of bringing in Perez, leave him at Sauber for another 2 seasons to gain experience, but if they want to replace Massa before that, bring in someone like Webber (surely an option at the end of the year?) or maybe someone else on a 2 year contract that has the experience they require.
Old 23 May 2011, 10:08 (Ref:2884335)   #6
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'd bet that, now Teflonso's signed his multi-year deal with the team, one of the conditions he's ensured in his contract would be to enable him to veto any potential team-mate he didn't like (because they could be faster than him). This I am sure would have an effect on Massa's future, and who replaces him
Old 23 May 2011, 10:13 (Ref:2884338)   #7
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'd bet that, now Teflonso's signed his multi-year deal with the team, one of the conditions he's ensured in his contract would be to enable him to veto any potential team-mate he didn't like (because they could be faster than him). This I am sure would have an effect on Massa's future, and who replaces him
Maybe your right, but then, if i was Fernando, i'd insist that Ferrari extend Massa'a contract to 2016 too, cause Fernando knows he can beat Felipe in his sleep.
Old 23 May 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2884362)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa will retire, it's all said and done. The one who will replace him, surely must be someone who doesn't challenge Teflonso, apart from Vettel and Hamilton, anyone could fill in...
Old 23 May 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2884369)   #9
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber to Ferrari 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Maybe your right, but then, if i was Fernando, i'd insist that Ferrari extend Massa'a contract to 2016 too, cause Fernando knows he can beat Felipe in his sleep.
I'd do exactly that as well if I were Alonso! But anyway other than Kubica I don't see a lot of options for replacing Massa.

Bianchi, Perez are obviously fast but they're too fresh for Ferrari. Ferrari never hires newbies. Hulkenberg could be an option. Di Resta has shown some promise so far this season but is also too new.

In fact if I were any of them top teams i'd be poaching Rosberg - on raw speed he's faster than Webber, Button and Massa. Then again Alonso might not want to be beaten... he's been around several years now so it won't be too long before Alonso finds himself getting beaten by a teammate. Rosberg is probably quite loyal to Mercedes anyway. Ferrari have a tough choice... perhaps Webber will take a big pay reduction and go there next year, he'll no doubt be faster than Massa but won't match Alonso, which Ferrari might be satisfied with anyway (wouldn't want another 1986 with teammates stealing points from each other).
Old 23 May 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2884390)   #10
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Yeah Rosberg would be quicker or as quick as alonso as would Kubica. Webber would want more than 1 year which i dont think Ferrari would be too interested in.

Heres one suggestion tho, get Kobayashi on a 3 year deal (with an option ), fire Bianchi into a Sauber with Perez. This would get them some profits from the Asian market as well as having a quick and agressive 2nd driver, as well as having your two young guns pushing each other in what is effectivley your B team.

What u reckon???? Bit far fetched ha ha ha
Old 23 May 2011, 11:50 (Ref:2884401)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Massa will retire, it's all said and done. The one who will replace him, surely must be someone who doesn't challenge Teflonso, apart from Vettel and Hamilton, anyone could fill in...
Scumacher! He'd feel right at home there.
Old 23 May 2011, 12:06 (Ref:2884413)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TGF ! No better one to be there, you're right.
Old 23 May 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2884451)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I'd love to see Ferrari bring in a new young gun, but in my ignorance I assumed that they had no young driver program (due to them bringing Badoer in to replace the injured Massa ).

Massa obviously struggled in Spain, but he has not been as bad for the rest of the year as some people are making out.
Old 23 May 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2884481)   #14
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fielden View Post
Yeah Rosberg would be quicker or as quick as alonso as would Kubica. Webber would want more than 1 year which i dont think Ferrari would be too interested in.

Heres one suggestion tho, get Kobayashi on a 3 year deal (with an option ), fire Bianchi into a Sauber with Perez. This would get them some profits from the Asian market as well as having a quick and agressive 2nd driver, as well as having your two young guns pushing each other in what is effectivley your B team.

What u reckon???? Bit far fetched ha ha ha
I was thinking the same thing. Kobayashi usa hot head ferrari like driver who isn't a wrecker but a demon. He would play an awesome #2 for alonso and like Win if alonso is out
Provided the ferrari is up to it.
He is mustard, the best from Japan right now I reckon. was also considering- as kubica is out imho, DiResta would be a great one as well. Be has stayed out of trouble, hustled that force india and gets strong point in a field filled with a heavy mid grid.
Old 23 May 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2884488)   #15
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
... I doubt Ferrari would take Robert up on 2012 now without seeing how he goes in a Renault first. ....
I seriously doubt that we'll ever see Kubica back in F1, certainly not in 2012.
Old 23 May 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2884490)   #16
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa seems to have lost his bottle after the incident in Hungary. A shame, but maybe its time for him to retire?

It's been almost three years since he won a GP now, almost as long as Schumacher!
Old 23 May 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2884501)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
Massa seems to have lost his bottle after the incident in Hungary. A shame, but maybe its time for him to retire?

It's been almost three years since he won a GP now, almost as long as Schumacher!
Exactly ! And that's settled, he'll retire by the end of the year.
Old 23 May 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2884509)   #18
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I think Ferrari are just interested in a powerful No.1 and a reliable No.2. There's been some talk about Hambo moving over there but I think that's just a bit of motivational therapy for Massa and McLaren.
Old 23 May 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2884521)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
First off, would Lewis or Fernando ever want to be in a team mate position again? Don't think so.

Another thing is, the McLaren seems to be a better car than the Ferrari, why would Lewis leave that? And lastly, hasn't Lewis just extended his contract?

I realise that your not actually saying that Lewis will go to Ferrari (pre 2016 at least ) but surely just a few things to think of?
Old 23 May 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2884549)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
First off, would Lewis or Fernando ever want to be in a team mate position again? Don't think so.

Another thing is, the McLaren seems to be a better car than the Ferrari, why would Lewis leave that? And lastly, hasn't Lewis just extended his contract?

I realise that your not actually saying that Lewis will go to Ferrari (pre 2016 at least ) but surely just a few things to think of?
Yes. That why I said it was only motivational therapy. Hamilton wants McLaren not to take him for granted, Domenicali wants Massa to get his act together a little bit more.
Old 23 May 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2884593)   #21
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari can't afford to keep Massa on, he is giving no value to their Constructors championship potential. (Assuming that Ferrari actually made the car fast enough!!)
That was proved last year and this. He was never a racer, just a good number 2, the 2 years spent against Kimi just proved to flatter his ability.
Isn't it significant that Massa had the measure of TGF and Kimi but Alonso has completely destroyed him.
I also believe that someone like Webber in the other car, or even Button would actually push Alonso to greater levels.
An ideal team should have a leader and a number 1 and 1/2 who can step up to the plate when required.
Old 23 May 2011, 17:20 (Ref:2884601)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Exactly ! And that's settled, he'll retire by the end of the year.
That would be the smart thing to do, but I don't think he's lost his bottle; he has simply lost the edge he had before.

Webber would be a good replacement for a year or two. I don't think he's particularly happy at Red Bull and he and Alonso seem to get on well.

Ultimately? I don't know. I think it depends quite a lot on whether a) Kubica comes back and b) is as quick as before. I hope very much that he does and is. This season has been the poorer without him.
Old 23 May 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2884610)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Scumacher! He'd feel right at home there.
Pffft. He would be far more at home, literally, if he was feet up on his favourite chair, back at Schumi Towers.
Old 23 May 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2884611)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
That would be the smart thing to do, but I don't think he's lost his bottle; he has simply lost the edge he had before.

Webber would be a good replacement for a year or two. I don't think he's particularly happy at Red Bull and he and Alonso seem to get on well.

Ultimately? I don't know. I think it depends quite a lot on whether a) Kubica comes back and b) is as quick as before. I hope very much that he does and is. This season has been the poorer without him.
Yeah, but let's see if he does not retire by the end of his contract deal.
I think the best mate for Teflonso is the less talented, so he cannot feel in danger just like happened in McLaren days.
Old 23 May 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2884738)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah, but let's see if he does not retire by the end of his contract deal.
I think the best mate for Teflonso is the less talented, so he cannot feel in danger just like happened in McLaren days.
Most of the field is less talented Bon.

The only guys he needs to worry about at the moment are Lewis and Seb, that's not to say a few other guys wouldn't deliver the goods given a Ferrari but when people start suggesting Rosberg or Hulkenberg would seriously challenge Alonso I have to do a double-take. They would make sound Massa replacements, not Alonso challengers.

Heidfeld would be a cracking make weight for 1 or 2 seasons whilst Maranello asseses Perez and whoever else they're scouting.

I would be concerned about Webber's candidature, if he doesn't get a win or two soon he's gonna look a bit washed out like Capelli ended up as.