Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Jun 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3426605)   #26
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Here's a picture of it - courtesy of the wife (also known as my personal photographer).......
Hopefully people will understand what I mean when I say that she's a beautiful car, but not what I would call a beauty!

She certainly looks purposeful, and I think that my heart would be singing if was in the hot seat.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 08:13 (Ref:3426642)   #27
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, I agree. Incidentally, the rear end is pure DB2 shape!

Thanks for posting photo, Brian.

I'm in the process of writing a report up for the FISCAR website on our race. I think that we got the mix about right but now have to build on the gridsize. I agree with all those comments that say we should support this meeting. It's horrendously expensive to hire the GP circuit and MGCC deserve every accolade for continuing to do so.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3426933)   #28
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to take issue with Nick over the race admin team. As I was not competing I volunteered to help in the office. Now I have the best part of 40 years experience of running rallies and speed events so I was pleased to be able to see how things worked for race meetings. Firstly the team at signing on have been doing it for many years and are mainly the wives of the senior officals. I thought they did a great job as usual. They give up three days to make the event run slickly so I don't understand the comment re accomodation.
I would suggest to Nick that he joins them when he has a day off, or join those "bossy" folk in orange who do a wonderful job despite all us stupid drivers who don't read the Finals!
Much of what I did was finding drivers who had failed to fully complete their entry forms with important things like class or emergency contacts. You would be surprised how long that list was! Then you get drivers who retired in race 1 coming in and asking if they can have their entry fee returned for race 2!
The MGCC are the last one make club to run a series of race meetings and its the fourth biggest meeting at Silverstone after the GP, MGP and Classic. Long may it continue!
Nick if you think you can do better please get in there and show us!
Old 29 Jun 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3427779)   #29
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graeme as I have said elsewhere in this post I thoroughly enjoyed the event and have huge amounts of praise for those who organised it and who helped make the event run smoothly.

I am also aware how easy it is to criticise without having the benefit of the know how of organisation.

I am not one to hide behind an electronic communication and would be very happy to chat through any feedback if you think it would be helpful. At the same time perhaps you could enlighten me from an organisers perspective?