Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3424075)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
2014 Austrian Grand Prix

It’s good to be back to in Australia again.

The good ol A1 Ring, has a lot of history..and it would be nice to see Team Red bull come back into the championship fray, if there’s any place they can do that it’s their ‘’home race’’, looking for Vettel to bounce back after his team mates stunning win in Canada to show the team he can keep up.

Mercedes will be the ones to beat here if their form this year is anything to go by, the race will probably (imo) go to Lewis Hamilton if he runs out of luck with mechanical issues, a lot of support to go for zee German because of the Austrian/German relationship, he’ll be the crowd favorite.

Ferrari needs new updates to compete with the front runners, they say they brought upgrades to every track this year, which haven’t beared any fruits for the drivers so far, Raikkonen is out of form, and struggling with the new cars.

Williams were on form in Canada and did well considering they were behind prior to Montreal, Massa was pitted too late for him to have any chance to go for the win, and the crash was a result of Perez, he should bounce back this weekend to make amends.

Austria – Facts and Figures
Track: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 71
Corners: 8
Lap Record: Michael Schumacher 1:08.337 (2003)
Tyre Compounds: Super-Soft (Option); Soft (Prime)
Last Held: 2003
2003 Winner: Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)
2003 Pole Position: Michael Schumacher 1:09.150
2013 Fastest Lap: Michael Schumacher 1:08.337
DRS Zone: Main straight (T8 to T1); T2 to T3

Old 20 Jun 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3424087)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
2014 Austrian Grand Prix
It’s good to be back to in Australia again.
"Throw another weiner schnitzel on the barbie mate"....
Old 20 Jun 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3424138)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FP1 results
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/grandpr...esults/#tab_p1
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3424166)   #4
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look out for the deer!
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3424177)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSheds View Post
Look out for the deer!
Reminds me of 2001 where it happened.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3424184)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Or 1987 (Steve Johnson)
Old 20 Jun 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3424225)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Hope it is a good GP, I really like this circuit.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3424233)   #8
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Hope it is a good GP, I really like this circuit.
Agree
Old 20 Jun 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3424236)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks for the intro.

in terms of championship drama i would like to see LH 1st or 2nd while NR has a DNF.

in terms of happiness i would like to see Williams put it together and get on the podium - super happy if they can find a way to engineer a win.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3424305)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
So was there any sparks?
Old 20 Jun 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3424319)   #11
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Kimi on top of the podium, followed by Rosberg and then Bottas. LH with a DNF in the gravel. Sounds like good odds to me. If only I were a bettin man!
Old 20 Jun 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3424322)   #12
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pulling for Rosberg the rest of the year. I am ready for a new first time champion.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3424350)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The return of the Austrian GP since it was last held in 2003. It will be interesting to see what this race will produce, especially with the Hamilton/Rosberg saga.

A bit of trivia, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button and Kimi Räikkönen are the only drivers out of the current field, who raced there in 2003.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 20 Jun 2014 at 20:05.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 02:49 (Ref:3424445)   #14
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Pulling for Rosberg the rest of the year.
Careful use of words required here. In some places that could a taken as a.., ummm... a very 'stimulating' comment.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 07:40 (Ref:3424484)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thanks for the intro.

in terms of championship drama i would like to see LH 1st or 2nd while NR has a DNF.

in terms of happiness i would like to see Williams put it together and get on the podium - super happy if they can find a way to engineer a win.
In terms of the championship I think we need to see Rosberg continue to score, Hamilton will real him in as he did from the second to fifth races.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3424505)   #16
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read somewhere recently that if the Mercedes boy keep scoreing 1,2's with Lewis in 1st position. Lewis will need to win 14 GP's if he is to be sure Rosberg will not overtake him in the final GP if Hamilton fails to score there.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3424520)   #17
321Go
Veteran

Bottas!

All drivers/teams warned that if all four wheels are left of the white line in turn 8, the time will be disallowed during qualifying. It won't matter if you've gained an advantage or not. No if's no but's.
Charlie's not playing around today.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3424523)   #18
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Careful use of words required here. In some places that could a taken as a.., ummm... a very 'stimulating' comment.
Thanks for the warning, lol.

Let me rephrase. I am for Nico to win the championship .........
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3424560)   #19
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton...
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:23 (Ref:3424570)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done to Williams. Hambo and Vettel all over the place. Rosberg the man to beat tomorrow.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3424573)   #21
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
I prefer Bottas to win, or Massa.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3424575)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was "watching " it on the F1 app and listening to the R5 Live comms. what was Hamilton doing? Has the pressure got to him already?

Well done to Team Willy and in particular Massa. However Bottas is really showing himself to be the real deal.

I confess I'm still not enamoured with these cars, probably never will be, but it is good to see Team Willy at the front after all this time.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:35 (Ref:3424582)   #23
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I just hope Massa doesn't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory tomorrow.

When he went to Williams I was delighted for him and looked forward to him having a good season but he's had a few things this season, some of his own making, that haven't gone well for him.
Old 21 Jun 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3424591)   #24
321Go
Veteran

It was quite obvious that Hamilton's car had an issue - and it wasn't Hamilton's fault. Surprised to see so called F1 "experts" and experienced "race drivers" here and elsewhere quick to lay the blame at the driver.

Old 21 Jun 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3424637)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Missed quali, so will have to watch the replay on the BBC but an all Williams front row. Makes a welcome change. Lewis down in 9th, wonder what went wrong there?