Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3905865)   #51
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The gap to Bottas was massive. I'll be surprised if that is deemed ok.

This puts Leclerc back on the lead lap. Time for more fun!
Yeah, will be interesting to see if they decide he didn't maintain the speed required and backed everyone up. Why are they thinking Verstappen could get a drive-through?

Lewis is REALLY slowing the line, down to 45 kph?? Looks like rain is the decider now, LH on Mediums, everyone right behind on Hards.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:35 (Ref:3905866)   #52
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, will be interesting to see if they decide he didn't maintain the speed required and backed everyone up. Why are they thinking Verstappen could get a drive-through?

Lewis is REALLY slowing the line, down to 45 kph??
F1 doesn't allow cars to be side by side exiting the pit lane. If you release and your car is side by side, then that was an unsafe release. So that overlap isn't allowed.

I don't like it as it advantages the car with the earlier pit stall.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3905867)   #53
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame for Max. I suspect he’s in soon for a penalty.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:38 (Ref:3905868)   #54
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc with another puncture.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:40 (Ref:3905869)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
F1 doesn't allow cars to be side by side exiting the pit lane. If you release and your car is side by side, then that was an unsafe release. So that overlap isn't allowed.

I don't like it as it advantages the car with the earlier pit stall.
Yeah, it just looks like there's no other way to release as Monaco. Other tracks maybe, but it's crazy tight there and definitely no way to truly see around the team in front.

Leclerc called in for the floor damage, but it also looked like the rear tire change didn't get the nut right. At release he was reaching back toward the wheel on the last stop
Old 26 May 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3905872)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems they are taking way too much time to make a ruling on the pit lane incident.

Edit: finally. 5 sec time penalty
Old 26 May 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3905873)   #57
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Only 5s. He needs to win by 5s once Hamilton gets new tyres!
Old 26 May 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3905875)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Allow a bit of thinking and envelope strategy.

Lewis is on Mediums with everyone following on tires that "can make it" to the end. With Verstappen possibly due a drive-through (ok, now a 5 second penalty), and Vettel running behind him (within 5 seconds currently) and Bottas behind him. Could Vettel be sitting pretty if the rain holds off? But then he's in a Ferrari so strategy could bite him on the ass.

All of that thrown out with rain of course so maybe Mercedes is positive it will rain.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3905876)   #59
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Unsafe release has always been a drivethrough. That's very lenient, especially since Bottas lost another place due to the extra pitstop.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3905877)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Red Bull may have gotten lucky with that one. I don't think I've ever seen a 5s penalty for that infringement before.

Norris has somehow made it back to 10th. He's got a huge gap to 9th, but not bad.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3905879)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Verstappen closing to push LH.

Options from team radio to Verstappen: 5 second penalty we can take at pit stop, or you can pass Lewis and drive off in to the distance

Lewis has to be thinking the worst thing ever for a race driver: I don't want to go fast guys.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3905880)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love how the Sky commentators keep saying rain and no rain. Rain and no rain.

Anyone else notice the ginormous blue ish yacht in the harbor? The budget for that thing has to be larger than the town I live in.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3905881)   #63
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Unsafe release has always been a drivethrough. That's very lenient, especially since Bottas lost another place due to the extra pitstop.
Nice to have you back.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3905882)   #64
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I love how the Sky commentators keep saying rain and no rain. Rain and no rain.

Anyone else notice the ginormous blue ish yacht in the harbor? The budget for that thing has to be larger than the town I live in.
I'm thinking there's more than a few out there with that description
Old 26 May 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3905883)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Nice shot of Gaslys pit stop, followed by a shot of some people being an absolute waste of good space who aren't bothering to watch the race.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3905884)   #66
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nice to have you back.
I have a friend who is a casual fan who got very excited by the safety car and texted me. I don't know why
Old 26 May 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3905885)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Nice shot of Gaslys pit stop, followed by a shot of some people being an absolute waste of good space who aren't bothering to watch the race.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that thought. Immediately seeing them my first thought was to kick them out, they could do what they're doing at home. Then I realized they might actually be at home.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3905886)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A boring tyre management race. Anyone want to buy my telly?
Old 26 May 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3905887)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
A boring tyre management race. Anyone want to buy my telly?
I'll text you the result.
Old 26 May 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3905889)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
I have a friend who is a casual fan who got very excited by the safety car and texted me. I don't know why
Ah, the great unwashed. Pity them as they’d probably like NASCAR.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3905890)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
I'll text you the result.
Thanks.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3905891)   #72
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Quote:
Ah, the great unwashed. Pity them as they probably like NASCAR.
Ah no, I live in Europe these days. More people watch curling than NASCAR I reckon.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:01 (Ref:3905892)   #73
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Bottas is losing a lot of time suddenly.
Old 26 May 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3905893)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Can Vettel do the double this year? Monaco and Only Connect?

https://twitter.com/onlyconnectquiz/...839811073?s=21
Attached Thumbnails
126E1044-0FFA-45CF-A11C-376DF6D7C573.jpeg  
Old 26 May 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3905894)   #75
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Bottas is losing a lot of time suddenly.
Is he losing or is everyone slowing a bit behind Lewis? Seems like the field was catching him from behind, looked like Gasly and Sainz have closed up a bit