Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Sep 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3764894)   #1
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Masters Endurance Legends Series*

What a great entry at Spa. Hope the series goes from strength to strength
Old 6 Sep 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3764971)   #2
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What a great entry at Spa. Hope the series goes from strength to strength

A bit heavy on the modern cars for my taste. Not much 'legends' feeling for 2013 LMP2's here. But I surely will visit Spa for this.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3765041)   #3
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Not too many pre-1999 LMPs running around in Europe. Even the Audi R8 that's been entered (like the one run at Spa in May) is based in the US. There's plenty of 2006 and earlier cars running in HSR in North America. But not a ton in Europe.
Old 6 Sep 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3765066)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Great to see the 550 and 575 back on track too.

I saw quite a funny post on facebook from Lawrence Tomlinson who said they'd enter a TVR but they only had ten engines for a forty minute race
Old 7 Sep 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3765164)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Great to see the 550 and 575 back on track too.

I saw quite a funny post on facebook from Lawrence Tomlinson who said they'd enter a TVR but they only had ten engines for a forty minute race
I saw that too; didn't think they used Honda engines, thought they did their own ;-)
Old 8 Sep 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3765346)   #6
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazed to see Murphy entered Good to know he has settled all of his accounts....
Old 9 Sep 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3765655)   #7
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially after reading this...

Quote:
Greg Murphy, team principle, has decided to enter the 45 minute race in Spa Francorchamps in Belgium, running the car in its original Le Mans 2016 specification with its Gas Monkey Garage livery.
Old 9 Sep 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3765680)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Especially after reading this...

Quote:
Greg Murphy, team principle, has decided to enter the 45 minute race in Spa Francorchamps in Belgium, running the car in its original Le Mans 2016 specification with its Gas Monkey Garage livery.

But 'Legends'.....?
Old 10 Sep 2017, 03:43 (Ref:3765762)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suppose the more apt title would be not anymore eligible but that doesn't sound as good as Legends
Old 14 Sep 2017, 09:47 (Ref:3766771)   #10
Mitchi_S
Racer

Germany
LG
Mitchi_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has it been broadcasted? Any chance of seeing it afterwards?
Old 14 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3766857)   #11
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Is it this weekend, or will it be at the Spa LMS weekend?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 21:58 (Ref:3767225)   #12
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This weekend. Part of the Spa Six Hours historic racing weekend.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3767250)   #13
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That Rollcentre Dallara is sure looking good. I see the 550 is outpacing the 575 so nothing has changed since those days of old lol
Old 17 Sep 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3767839)   #14
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I was very lucky to be able to see the inaugural race of this in the flesh...

It may not have been a huge amount of entries in among a few barely "historic" cars but oh my goodness it was worth it!

Martin Shorts Dallara Judd was fantastic, hearing the Judd GV4 screaming it's way down the hill, through Eau rouge, over Radillion and up the straight was fantastic

The Lola Aston Martin still looked and sounded very sweet, so glad it's back on track in anger. The distinctive exhaust is spine tingling!

A Ferrari 333sp made a brief couple of laps but it was awesome to see and hear it on track having not appeared on the provisional entry list

The 550 and 575 GT1's brought back so many memories of the FIA GT in it's heyday, the Dodge Viper GTS-R looked very tidy as well.

The Audi R8 wasn't the fastest car on track (probably because of the brief shower at the start) but looked immaculate and hope it makes more appearances over here.

Whilst not a huge fan of diesels the 908 looked very good as well, Minassian easily the fastest car on track (unsurprisingly) probably would have won if not for the shower.

The 2007 Pescarolo looked very nice as well, great to see some other older cars like the Pilbeam as well that I missed out on seeing in period.

Nice mix of other GT cars as well, even the blue Morgan from many years ago!

The Oreca 03's were perhaps a bit too modern per say but at least they put on a good show for the win. Hopefully this doesn't discourage other people from entering though.

In the Paddock was another Peugeot 908, a 2008 Creation and a 2004 Nasamax. Had a brief chat with one of the Masters Historic personnel and they are hopeful that this will entice some of the many cars hidden away to come and play.

Will post a few brief clips if I get a chance!
Old 18 Sep 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3768252)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds great, we had the Audi, a Pescarolo and an RS Spyder a few years ago here at Road Atlanta's spring HSR event. They went at it pretty good for the 9 lap event but with Gunnar driving the R8 he was always going to lead.

Sadly the fall event we had to settle for a scale model D962 with a 1L motorcycle engine in the back, and an old 8Star PC car. And the spring event was dominated by last year's Whelen DP. So not a stellar lineup.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3768258)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblood View Post
Had a brief chat with one of the Masters Historic personnel and they are hopeful that this will entice some of the many cars hidden away to come and play.
I know that Mike Newton is trying to get some of his fleet of cars out which include an MG Lola EX257, a MG Lola Coupe EX265C, a MG Lola EX264, a Embassy WF01 and a HPD ARX01.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 13:30 (Ref:3768272)   #17
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDoKgo5IfrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3195...&feature=share

Well I don't need to post mine now as some people have put infinitely better quality videos than I could hope for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I know that Mike Newton is trying to get some of his fleet of cars out which include an MG Lola EX257, a MG Lola Coupe EX265C, a MG Lola EX264, a Embassy WF01 and a HPD ARX01.
I may have to make an inquiry about that Embassy WF01...
Old 18 Sep 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3768361)   #18
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I dream to see this race as support race of 24H of Le Mans, or Le Mans Classic
Old 19 Sep 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3768492)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Would love to see more of the NGT and GTS cars such as the Ferrari 360, Porsche RSR, Spyker, Saleens, Viper, Maserati, Aston, Corvette but even what we have atm is fantastic to watch and listen to. Kudos to the organisers for making this happen
Old 19 Sep 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3768508)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sal some great clips of this from a few youtube subs I am on.

SOme great cars, and nice to see the GT stuff in there too.

Lord only knows how much that Peugeot must have cost or is being leased for!

The guy with the Aston is a regular testing there and has a few nice cars like that.

Not fussed at all by the vast range of cars, it's the same with BOSS. And this will hopefully do a lot better than that rather poor series.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3768630)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A mate of mine has the Grove SR2 car available for sale, but needing re-commissioning.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3768761)   #22
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Did this race happen? Does not seem to be reported anywhere
Old 20 Sep 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3768775)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Did this race happen? Does not seem to be reported anywhere
Where do you want it to be reported..... ?

Masters have a report on their website.... http://www.mastershistoricracing.com...x-hours/event/

Interesting that the race was organised by an 'Historic' Organiser, and held at a big 'Historic' meeting, but the only talk on tenths is in the 'Modern' section! Maybe the cars are too new for some of us old codgers....
Old 20 Sep 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3768814)   #24
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I think series like this will become more popular in the coming years.

As motorsports goes electric and race cars generally get tamer sound-wise (just compare the 550 to the Ford GT, today's cars are so much less spectacular) people will turn to historic racing more and more to get their fix of loud, smelly & gritty.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3768870)   #25
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Mind you, it happened on a weekend that those covering the main sportscar and GT races were busy with FIA WEC, Blancpain GT, ADAC GT Masters, Pirelli World Challenge and GT4 European Series.