Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Feb 2007, 18:52 (Ref:1834102)   #1
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
What about Spyker's GT programme?

Yeah,what about it? I've heard nothing about the C8's doing Le Mans again for instance.
Would be sad to miss 'm. Especially since they came on steam so nicely in the last year.
Old 5 Feb 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1834110)   #2
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker will do Sebring, Le Mans, the LMS and perhaps some FIA GT races this season. As you might have seen on Planetlemans.com, a customer team, Speedy Garage from Switzerland, will also enter a C8 Spyder GT2R in the LMS.

More tests have been scheduled to further improve the car.

More news soon!
Old 5 Feb 2007, 19:04 (Ref:1834111)   #3
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Ah great,very good news. Still the Spyder cars with hardtop or a proper coupe again?
Old 5 Feb 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1834267)   #4
Stephan2738
Racer

Stephan2738 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spyker had sceduled 3 testsessions, for the beginning of 2007. They allready had one three day test in which they tried several new drivers. I think this was because they had some inside information of Jeroen Bleekemolen driving for Racing for Holland in 2007. He will be missed!
And the introduction of the Speedy Garage team in LMS, of which i'm sure Spyker will deliver at least one driver. They also tested different Michelin compounds and some aerodynamic parts as well as a couple of engine settings. The second tests was to be the Sebring test but they did not attend this test. That's a pitty because now we don't know where they stand against Ferrari, Porsche and Panoz. But that might just be the reason they didn't show up... An other reason is that they were negotiating with another - American - team to enter a customer Spyder GT2-R. That could be shipped to Sebring, do the test and afterwards stay in the U.S.A. with the customer team. Maybe the deal fell through and they cancelled the Sebring test (just gessing actually). The last test will take place in Valencia Spain on 14 februari, also sceduled to be a three day test in which the Speedy Garage car also will participate. I hope we get some more info on which drivers will be driving the two factory and the Speedy Garage car.
The cars that will race in 2007 are the same type of cars (Spyders with a roof) as raced in 2006 but are new ones with the latest updates. Spyker tried to sell the 2006 cars to privateer teams but i don't think that happened (yet).
Old 6 Feb 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1834560)   #5
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who are the drivers except Bleekemolen?

Is Ho-Pin Tung going to get a chance? He is Dutch and Chinese and will be good for the brand in China.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1834770)   #6
Stephan2738
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
Who are the drivers except Bleekemolen?

Is Ho-Pin Tung going to get a chance? He is Dutch and Chinese and will be good for the brand in China.
I don't expect Bleekemolen in the Spyker this year. He signed for Racing for Holland. Racing for Holland will attend the LMS series and Le Mans as does Spyker. He can't drive both. Maybe he can drive in the two sceduled FIA GT races. Ho-Pin Tung has connections with Spyker but that's mainly for the F1 team. I don't think he will ever drive the Spyder GT2-R. It would be nice if he could do the China FIA GT race though!
Last year Johhny Kane and Peter Dumbreck also drove for Spyker, they both did well. Tom Coronel might drive at Le Mans as he did last year for Spyker. Mike Hezemans is a good option because he raced last year for them so he knows the team and can drive as long as there is no clash with FIA GT, in which he drives for GLPK. Sandor van Es, Jaap van Lagen, Ricardo van der Ende en Dennis Retera all tested in dec. 2006 for the Spyker team. I'm sure we will see one or more of them in the Spyder GT2-R, could also be in the Speedy Garage car. Nothing confirmed yet!
Old 6 Feb 2007, 19:10 (Ref:1834878)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
  • Tom Coronel will not race at LM because of a WTCC race.
  • Jaap van Lagen will do WS by Renault. Two WSR races are on the same date as Valencia and Spa. So I don't think we will see him in a Spyker.
  • In 2006 Dennis Retera did a part season British F3. His mentor is Peter Kox. Last season he tested the Reiter Lambo GT1 and raced a few races in FIA GT3. I think his future is in GT's or sportscars.
  • Sander van Es is the 2006 BRL V6 champion. Is he a serious candidate or did he test to write an article for Autoweek magazine?
  • Ricardo vd Ende was 2nd in the BMW 130i Cup. In the past he did some GT racing (or was it his older brother Jacky?).

Is Donny Crevels out of the picture?
Will Jos Menten drive at PSI again? He would be a good candidate too.

BTW The Spyker F1 team has hired 6 drivers (or better: 6 drivers bought a seat ). Three drivers/car, two cars in total. So why not putting their F1 boys in the cars?
Old 6 Feb 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1834891)   #8
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
  • Ricardo vd Ende was 2nd in the BMW 130i Cup. In the past he did some GT racing (or was it his older brother Jacky?).
Ricardo will continue in the BMW 130i Cup and won't be testing with the team next week, as he broke his wrist in a skiing accident recently.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1834917)   #9
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do i hear "Jos Verstappen"?

nope sorry
Old 6 Feb 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1834919)   #10
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err...no
Old 6 Feb 2007, 20:26 (Ref:1834922)   #11
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guido van der Garde? Spyker test driver in F1 would be a nice dutch choice
Old 6 Feb 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1834925)   #12
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Just wait...they will be testing next week at Valencia.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1834936)   #13
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a guaranteed Sebring entry or is it still just speculation?
Old 6 Feb 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1834947)   #14
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are going to Sebring.
Old 6 Feb 2007, 22:25 (Ref:1834988)   #15
Stephan2738
Racer

Quote:

BTW The Spyker F1 team has hired 6 drivers (or better: 6 drivers bought a seat ). Three drivers/car, two cars in total. So why not putting their F1 boys in the cars?

Yes Donny Crevels is out of the picture. He claims he doesn't know why...
I think it has something to do with hitting another driver (can't remember who but he was driving a Ferrari 430) at the Nürburgring LMS round, not sure though!
Old 6 Feb 2007, 23:38 (Ref:1835028)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope they keep their hands on Johnny Kane .
Old 9 Feb 2007, 16:58 (Ref:1837485)   #17
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B
Is there a guaranteed Sebring entry or is it still just speculation?
Guaranteerd - drivers will likely be announced next week. More info on their current progress and the Valencia test also next week.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 17:07 (Ref:1837490)   #18
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
  • Tom Coronel will not race at LM because of a WTCC race.
  • Jaap van Lagen will do WS by Renault. Two WSR races are on the same date as Valencia and Spa. So I don't think we will see him in a Spyker.
  • In 2006 Dennis Retera did a part season British F3. His mentor is Peter Kox. Last season he tested the Reiter Lambo GT1 and raced a few races in FIA GT3. I think his future is in GT's or sportscars.
  • Sander van Es is the 2006 BRL V6 champion. Is he a serious candidate or did he test to write an article for Autoweek magazine?

I am not sure if Donny is out of the picture. Jos will be driving with Peter Kox in the Lambo. Do FIA GT and LMS schedules clash?
Old 9 Feb 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1837511)   #19
JorritVD
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
JorritVD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this will be the drivers of Spyker Squadron this year.

Johnny Kane / Peter Dumbreck for full season.
Mike Hezemans can race at rounds: 1 Monza / 3 Nurburgring / 4 Spa / 5 Silverstone / 6 Interlagos.
Jaap van Lagen can race at rounds: 2 Valencia / 3 Nurburging / 5 Silverstone / 6 Interlagos
and Tom Coronel can race at rounds: 1 Monza / 3 Nurburgring / 4 Spa / 5 Silverstone / 6 Interlagos

There is only 1 driver who is availible for the second race. I have heard that there is maybee coming a plane from the Fia GT event to the LMS event.
Old 9 Feb 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1837556)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I thought Kane was impressive last year , and he is free afaik ?
Old 11 Feb 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1838907)   #21
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
As far as I know Jaap van Lagen will not race for Spyker this year...unless being asked later on. (Or so I was told).
Old 11 Feb 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1838910)   #22
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
What is the point in guessing the drivers when Spyker is announcing plans/current progress this week?
Old 12 Feb 2007, 00:28 (Ref:1838938)   #23
The Badger
Veteran

Whats the point of trying to guess anything then ? Its a forum !!

And its fun .
Old 12 Feb 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1839396)   #24
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Only 1 factory car in LMS. First pilot confirmed is Jarek Janis.

The Speedy Racing car will also do LMS and is driven by Iradj Alexander-David and Andrea Chiesa.

source: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3163
Old 12 Feb 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1839541)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Also just one entry for Le Mans?