Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1069383)   #1
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
classic endurance series

i heard there were loads of cars at spa
why were there so few in britain?
only about 10 raced!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1069462)   #2
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched free practice on friday and Qualifying on Saturday, and although individualy the cars are great, i was very dissapointed with the crappy turn out. Formula-X was canned because of a small entry, hardly any Classics, and Pescarolo missing the 1000km event. What's so unappealing about Silverstone ???
Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1069473)   #3
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word on the radio seemed to be that a lot of the cars that would have raced had only just returned from the Le Mans Classic, and weren't ready to be run again quite so soon. The older the machinery is, the more work it takes to keep them in running, let alone racing order, and I guess most of them are privately owned and can't have a full factory team working around the clock to get the cars ready for the next event.

Shame though, once the field spread out I guess they all had a pretty lonely time of it (except the two Lolas!). Still, I'm glad those that came did run - I'd never seen a 917 in the "flesh" before
Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:34 (Ref:1069481)   #4
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh, right
it was darn annoying though, wasnt it!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1069492)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
Formula-X was canned because of a small entry
This is o.t. here but F/X was cancelled well before the event; the schedule was too tight, one race had to go.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1069759)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I assume the race is an FIA sanctioned one...wouldn't it habve been canned if it was MSA? I knoiw the orgnaisers at Mondello were v.v pis**d off byt the FIA historic turnout for the Brit GT support and suggested they wouldnt be asking them back...the same poor turnaout happened at Donington prior to that...it seems FIA can get away with putting on races where the grids are not acceptably large, especially for hour long races on a big big circuit
Old 17 Aug 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1069768)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The cars that where out where amazing, the 917 is just stunning, but IMO and hour was too long and they needed more cars out there.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 21:08 (Ref:1069779)   #8
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I agree, even though it was fantastic to see these cars I think the race should have been slightly shorter for the amount of small entries they had. I guess it gives plenty of time to get photos of the cars though while on the track!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice