Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3832641)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Not alone. There are many fans turning around and driving back home. Some with top tier tickets are going to watch the race from home or their hotels. Even fans who flew over from outside Europe!! Utter shambles.

It was bad enough years ago so it would always get worse with more (and bigger) cars, I might watch it on the box with a cool beer, but will probably just watch the highlights later
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2018, 15:11 (Ref:3832671)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettee overcooked his flying lap and will start 3rd. Lulu gets his 75th pole and Bottas completes the Mercedes front row shut out. Verstappen and Ricciardo are 4th and 5th.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3832706)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have to say this is the worst thing ever.

Anyway, those Mercs have their mojo back. Nice new engine.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 20:15 (Ref:3832734)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brilliant job by Leclerc again......
Old 23 Jun 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3832736)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My son, an Ocon fan, is not impressed as Leclerc knocked Ocon out in Q2. I said I’m beginning to like itiseye because he’s driving really well. He said he was beginning to hate him. Knowing that I was disappointed that the LE MANS WINNER Alonso went out in Q1 he asked why I didn’t hate the drivers that knocked him out. He’s six.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3832739)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How come he latched onto Ocon?
Old 23 Jun 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3832741)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Not really sure. I think he has over performed in qualifying before and there has been enough random times he’s talked about on TV. He quite likes Force India - I’ve often talked about them doing well despite not being a top team. And they don’t have a dull paint scheme!

He likes Force India and Red Bull. Which I think is good. I like Williams and McLaren - it’s a generational thing!

I’m trying to get him a decent Force India poster, but am struggling. The official site has nothing and eBay is full of utter rubbish. When I was a kid I found poster really easy to come about and the internet didn’t exist.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:03 (Ref:3832744)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yawn, I never thought I would be so turned off with F1.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:04 (Ref:3832745)   #34
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
For Posters - try “redbubble.com”
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:08 (Ref:3832746)   #35
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
At the top of a mountain. Only 2 real roads in, both minor roads. Was always going to be a nightmare.
I was at Paul Ricard for ELMS and Blancpain earlier this year and there was no evidence of any changes to the roads or access.

The road from Marseille direction is one lane each way, narrow and winding as it climbs. Close to the circuit it goes through a small town with narrow streets and pedestrian crossings. It is totally unsuitable for an event drawing crowds the size of an F1 race.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3832751)   #36
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I’m Not sure how you could change roads to a rural circuit at the top of a mountain.

Be cheaper and easier to park everyone down at Six-Fours and bus / heli them up foc.

Or book really early and pay the big bucks to stay at the top.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3832757)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
For Posters - try “redbubble.com”
Thanks

I checked them out. Nothing that is grabbing me, but there are a couple I might get.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 00:10 (Ref:3832761)   #38
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Brilliant job by Leclerc again......
Very impressive, great work from Leclerc and from a car that was a totally new concept this year, and did not work at all well in pre-season testing.

Nice work all round!
Old 24 Jun 2018, 03:48 (Ref:3832769)   #39
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Got up early to watch Hartley in qualifying,he had a million place grid penalty so everything was going to be irrelevant.Turned it off went back to bed.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 03:56 (Ref:3832771)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations to Romain Grosjean! Thunderous debut in your home Grand Prix! Way to make Q3 and then biff it and the only practice session I saw he was off in the blue stripes somewhere....

Can't wait to see his next trick in the race!
Old 24 Jun 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3832777)   #41
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
We’re all hoping for rain...or the sprinkler system to accidentally turn itself on...
Old 24 Jun 2018, 05:43 (Ref:3832778)   #42
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Got up early to watch Hartley in qualifying,he had a million place grid penalty so everything was going to be irrelevant.Turned it off went back to bed.
Hartley would've had a 35 place grid penalty under the 2017 regulations. Under this year's regulations, he only gets 15 places. Lucky boy!

Old 24 Jun 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3832793)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So another Merc 1-2, but what a job for Leclerc. A future champion if ever I saw one. Mind you Ericsson also got his best grid slot, albeit back in 15th. Shows Sauber are improving
Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3832794)   #44
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hartley would've had a 35 place grid penalty under the 2017 regulations. Under this year's regulations, he only gets 15 places. Lucky boy!

Under 2018 rules he only gets 15 places for the ICE (engine) but he also gets an additional 5 places for each additional component that was fitted... in Hartley's case that is the MGU-H, turbocharger, MGU-K, control electronics and energy store hence the 35 places.

Any more than 15 places automatically sends any driver to the rear of grid.

https://au.eurosport.com/formula-1/h...31/story.shtml
Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3832795)   #45
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Just caught up on qualifying, so first impressions of the track are:- Someone in the FIA must be a major shareholder in a paint factory.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3832800)   #46
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
And we have rain at the track. 5 and a half hours until lights out.

In other news, traffic is at gridlock outside the circuit, 5 and a half hours before lights out. Some may not even make it in time!

Old 24 Jun 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3832804)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
And we have rain at the track. 5 and a half hours until lights out.
Well the track is perfectly dry and slicks are fitted to the GP3 cars racing in a live broadcast currently showing on TV.... not even a hint of any spray being kicked up. .
Old 24 Jun 2018, 09:07 (Ref:3832808)   #48
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well the track is perfectly dry and slicks are fitted to the GP3 cars racing in a live broadcast currently showing on TV.... not even a hint of any spray being kicked up. .
Was a small sprinkle earlier. And heavy rain is expected for the race. Currently dry.

As for your countryman, DR is running a much higher downforce set up compared to MV. If it does rain this would help DR during the race. The rain will be the only thing that will (hopefully) spice up this race.

Old 24 Jun 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3832810)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As others know from elsewhere on here, I rarely speak of rain, but I'm praying for it this afternoon.......
Old 24 Jun 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3832813)   #50
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
A boring race with hardly any (if any) overtaking I think. Most of the paddock saying the same. The drivers have requested the chicane be removed.

Another Monaco?
This article just now on Motorsportweek.com. Most drivers agree with my post above.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/18750