Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:49 (Ref:682258)   #126
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we say goodbye to this one........
Old 7 Aug 2003, 21:20 (Ref:682289)   #127
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Still it's a bit strange BMP didn't clarify the situation long before now!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 22:08 (Ref:682346)   #128
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will bmp live up to their claim to be promoting the BF3/BGT package, there's not a lot of evidence of them doing do up to now.

Indeed will bmp still exist if the octogan/bhc circuits get sold to new owners.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 23:16 (Ref:682415)   #129
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you all want it to end??
This is the most realistic chance we have of seeing some good racing again.

I was at the industry launch last week and that car looked the dogs. They started up the car as well, wow, it was awesome.

This championship will not fail, it already has £1mil per year for the next 3 years. It is backed by Haymarket, BRDC, MSO, Nicholson-McLaren, Rouse-Hall, Jaguar and Peugeot. The Jaguar and Peugeot 'franchises' have already been signed. That means that there are already at least 4 cars and its only August.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 08:12 (Ref:682598)   #130
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I dunno about everyone else but I'd love to see it succeed - as long as it doesn't affect any of the existing series. That is the problem here - (yet) another series that's really not needed. I thought that we were supposed to be cutting the number of series now not adding more?
Old 8 Aug 2003, 08:22 (Ref:682606)   #131
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it WILL kill off the current BTCC which really is pathetic - mainly second, third and fourth rate drivers pedalling cars no different to those lapping the M25. No real spectacle, no real show, very little talent on display - just my wallet's bigger than yours!
Old 8 Aug 2003, 11:51 (Ref:682773)   #132
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
Hopefully it WILL kill off the current BTCC which really is pathetic - mainly second, third and fourth rate drivers pedalling cars no different to those lapping the M25. No real spectacle, no real show, very little talent on display - just my wallet's bigger than yours!
Where the hell have you been for the past year!!!

Have you actually ever watched a BTCC race in the past two years? It is infact the opposite of practically everything you say! Before you start ripping a series, actually have the deasency to sit and watch it please...
Old 8 Aug 2003, 12:04 (Ref:682784)   #133
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Disagree Sim. The current BTCC is a total put-up job. It's sad. the drivers are very low quality compared to the late 80s, early 90s when it was fab. The big, noisy, spectacular of these new V8s will, I very much hope, rekindle it.

And

I have seen plenty of the current BTCC. The VXs etc. are OK (if unspectacular) but there is no strength in depth at all. Who wants to see the likes of, well I won't name them, but club class drivers lapping Pugs and Accords etc. etc.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 16:53 (Ref:683041)   #134
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm with Craig on this one.

If it's entertaining to watch then what the hell I like racing because of the entertainment it can provide! It does add another unwanted series so to speak in Britain - does anyone really need it? All it is is trying to make most of what the creators see as a future of maybe growth in motor racing.
Old 8 Aug 2003, 17:50 (Ref:683104)   #135
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any evidence yet (admittedly early days) of the big name drivers that they talked about being interested in the series? Or big name teams for that matter as well....
Old 8 Aug 2003, 17:55 (Ref:683110)   #136
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Will it really attract the well known engineering teams - afterall isn't the tubular frame built and that's it - no more devlopment ?
Old 9 Aug 2003, 18:16 (Ref:683794)   #137
madhouse
Rookie

madhouse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of a V8 series but i can see no place for it. For it to work Gt's and ASCAR would have to die as there are not enough teams with the right set up outside of those. Also at £80,000 for a rolling chassis is at least £50,000 too much.
I would like to see it work but unfortunately I do not think it will.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 12:08 (Ref:686110)   #138
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to correct a statement above. "It is backed by Jaguar and Peugeot" is not true. They have allowed replicas to be displayed. That is hardly big manufacturer 'backing'

The BTCC should remain as the premier series. Sure, it may be 100BHP down on what we like and driven frm the wrong end, but the mass market audience on TV can't tell. They recognise the cars, and recognise the glitz and glamour that a works backed team can supply. Without the manufacturer support, the V8's will look like Eurocars, and they were hardly a hit with the general public.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 15:04 (Ref:687204)   #139
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to correct the statement above Jaguara and Peugeot have already found their team to act as a franchise. This means that they are providing body shells to these teams and making sure they represent the company to the highest standard.

If you saw the first Jaguar you would have seen how fantastic it looks, nothing like a Eurocar
Old 14 Aug 2003, 20:27 (Ref:688502)   #140
wurzel
Rookie

wurzel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you there Mackmot the Jag that has been built looks like a touring car from the mid 90's.Its a car that looks soundly engineered and will be recognisable to its audience,nothing like the eurocars people keep comparing it to.I must say it is in the balance at the mo. on whether it will succeed.some of you critics complain about the amount of championships in this country which is fair enough,but most of these championships you all refer to are small,low profile events which attract little or no crowd because they are not worth promoting,and require drivers to pay to race.Now i think on paper this scv8 looks in a different class so rather than taking money from within the industry,if(and i say if!)it gets the right television deal and each event is promoted right I can think of at least a dozen professional teams who would have the capability to go out and find sponsorship to enter this championship.We cant knock an idea that might bring some revenue back into the sport and perhaps help improve the facilities of our circuits and maybe create some new pro drivers????
Old 15 Aug 2003, 06:09 (Ref:688741)   #141
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Click on the little picture of jag to get blowup of Jag and Pug.
http://www.carenthusiast.com/news.html?article=70

I have to say the cars look pretty good!

Last edited by kmchow; 15 Aug 2003 at 06:12.
Old 15 Aug 2003, 07:16 (Ref:688755)   #142
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To keep the show a real good one all you need to do is keep the aero under control. Our series would be made a great sight better if the wings were clipped. More powerslides and passing I say!
Old 15 Aug 2003, 10:27 (Ref:688893)   #143
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They do look rather nice, don't they?
Old 15 Aug 2003, 15:32 (Ref:689156)   #144
ern
Rookie

ern should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Rouse was at Silverstone today testing with a V8 super car, I caught a glimpse in the garage and think it was a Jaguar body, it looked very nice, didn't see if it ran as I was only passing.
Old 18 Aug 2003, 07:51 (Ref:690846)   #145
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Rouse was testing the Jag bodied SCV8 at Silverstone on Friday. It was blisteringly fast in a straight line and pretty tidy round the corners.

Didn't get any lap times for it but it looked a lot quicker than a touring car.

The presentation of the car was superb, for a while we thought it was a heavily modified new Jag!!!

Still the same question remains. Which series are people going to leave to run one?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:16 (Ref:693135)   #146
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Honda have now agreed to allow the Accord bodyshape to be used.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 16:23 (Ref:694543)   #147
kmchow
Veteran

Do individuals/teams need manufacturer approval to race their cars? So the cars will have manufacturer badges on them? Or will there be combination of badges and no badges. The silly and frustrating thing about the German V8Star is that the cars are obviously GS300s/Passats/Mondeos/S Types, but there aren't any manufacturer badges. So even though it "looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it ISN'T technically a duck!!"

Last edited by kmchow; 21 Aug 2003 at 16:24.
Old 21 Aug 2003, 17:48 (Ref:694599)   #148
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
From the picture in Motorsport News yesterday of the Jaguar testing, it appeared to have the badges on it.

Another point I like is that the body panels are the genuine article, not some cheap look a like.
Old 26 Aug 2003, 19:02 (Ref:699836)   #149
james tucker
Racer

james tucker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After spending a good few hours looking at this great discussion forum, the question has to be asked with all its specticle,noise,sponsors and obvious interest...will they,
'the men in grey suits'LET IT HAPPEN ££££££!!!!?????
Old 28 Oct 2003, 20:06 (Ref:766126)   #150
kmchow
Veteran

Supposedly, a few BTCC teams are thinking of running cars in both the SCV8 and BTCC for '04?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=45797