Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2596795)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
US F1

Things are quiet about this team, and they have become the butt of jokes, but might they not just be 'getting on with it' and will announce when they have something more ready?

Does anyone here have any inside knowledge of this? Is it just supposition that it's all going wrong for them, or is there something a bit more solid about it going wrong?
Old 9 Dec 2009, 19:08 (Ref:2596838)   #2
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a no smoke without fire situation, but the FIA are happy apparently but then again they would hardly admit to readily that they shouldn't have given them an entry.

I hope they make it, I even offered them some of my own money through emal but never heard a word back.
Old 9 Dec 2009, 19:40 (Ref:2596856)   #3
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At this point I think they are in a no-win situation with respect to providing info. It appears people think they have been over communicating or under communicating.

Apparently the initial team formation announcement didn’t go over well as you hear people talk of this creating an “us vs. them” mentality between USF1 and the existing F1 establishment. Because of this and other reasons, it appears many people would love to see them fall on their face.

USF1 then went dark and that environment allowed various rumors (true, false, doesn’t matter) to flow. Right or wrong, USF1 apparently felt the need to respond to those, but the peeks inside didn’t do much to help and in fact may have made things worse. It looks like they have gone dark again (which is what I would do if I was them.)

My opinion (no insider info) is that you may not hear much of them between now and 2010 testing other then the outcomes of their interactions with FIA (such as crash test results) and driver/sponsor announcements.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2597027)   #4
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a completely useless reply, but... I know they have some employees! I ran in a 12 hour kart race in Charlotte last weekend, and there were two teams of USF1 employees in the race. One of the guys was even English, so they must be serious about F1
Old 10 Dec 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2597036)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully they are serious about it... I can't even think the other way. Those guys wouldn't put the U and the S together with F1, risking to put it all to shame.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2597057)   #6
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard that they have asked for special dispensation to run an Eagle- Westlake at the early rounds, but I can't name my source.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2597065)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Meanwhile, in a wind tunnel, somewhere in the US: "hmmm.....that looked really good, right up until the paper was torn to shreds."

Seriously though, I hope they make it. But it's reminding me more of the "Capricorn One" movie all the time.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2597180)   #8
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny side up! View Post
I ran in a 12 hour kart race in Charlotte last weekend,

Why not use a go-kart like the others?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2597219)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They will show up themselves with a car sooner or later...
Old 10 Dec 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2597258)   #10
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fans mocking the Team US F1 on the internet are bringing the sport into disrepute.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2597266)   #11
csirl
Subscriber
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I've said before, any team that doesnt get a car built in time for 2010 could buy a ready made Toyota chassis.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2597269)   #12
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not really, because Stefan have beaten them to it
Old 10 Dec 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2597278)   #13
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Fans mocking the Team US F1 on the internet are bringing the sport into disrepute.
That's a shame. Just to be clear about this where may I mock them?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 17:30 (Ref:2597375)   #14
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Maybe Bernie is right back in September. USF1 looks doubtfull. I hope they make it but....

can USF1 start in 2011 with their slot or do they loose it to another team say Stefan GP?
Old 10 Dec 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2597379)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post

Sorry I thought you had to be a part of the Forumula 1 circus to do that. ...oh wait, thats probably why USF1 havent been charged yet.

Seriously....I really really hope USF1 do make it. F1 needs a US team and the US could do with a Formula 1 team and eventually a GP. However, countless pointless press releases have robbed the team of credibility, particuarly when they pull PR stunts like the original Sutton images, with same people in shot, saying they wont sell out and will put one US driver in.....followed by talks with Lopez, Wurz or others...Stupid comments about signing Danica. people who have visited saying its very very quite (admittedly that was a while back)

If they have nothing to say, then they should have kept quite and got on with the job like Manor, Campos and Lotus. These three are being more open now because they are in a better position.

You'll also note quite a few of the jokes and rumours come from people within the industry....not everything is on the internet, many of those people know stuff....

Like I said, I really hope they do make it and a) are not an embarassment and b) do take at least one US driver, even as a tester. At present it seems many of the press releases are biting them in the bum

I think their biggest mistake maybe was calling it USF1 in the first place....

Last edited by andy_b; 10 Dec 2009 at 17:44.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2597464)   #16
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Sorry I thought you had to be a part of the Forumula 1 circus to do that. ...oh wait, thats probably why USF1 havent been charged yet.

Seriously....I really really hope USF1 do make it. F1 needs a US team and the US could do with a Formula 1 team and eventually a GP. However, countless pointless press releases have robbed the team of credibility, particuarly when they pull PR stunts like the original Sutton images, with same people in shot, saying they wont sell out and will put one US driver in.....followed by talks with Lopez, Wurz or others...Stupid comments about signing Danica. people who have visited saying its very very quite (admittedly that was a while back)

If they have nothing to say, then they should have kept quite and got on with the job like Manor, Campos and Lotus. These three are being more open now because they are in a better position.

You'll also note quite a few of the jokes and rumours come from people within the industry....not everything is on the internet, many of those people know stuff....

Like I said, I really hope they do make it and a) are not an embarassment and b) do take at least one US driver, even as a tester. At present it seems many of the press releases are biting them in the bum

I think their biggest mistake maybe was calling it USF1 in the first place....
Norris MacDonald suggested the Kyle Busch announcement may have something to do with USF1
Old 11 Dec 2009, 03:31 (Ref:2597669)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
I have heard that they have asked for special dispensation to run an Eagle- Westlake at the early rounds, but I can't name my source.
It's going to be a Dallara, radically tweaked by Ben Bowlby.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2597738)   #18
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But its a Dallara with a stock block 350 Chev
Old 11 Dec 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2597743)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic! So who are the drivers?
Old 11 Dec 2009, 07:14 (Ref:2597745)   #20
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USF1 was dealt a serious blow recently when it was abandoned by it public relations firm, BrianKerramba LLC.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2598204)   #21
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
It's going to be a Dallara, radically tweaked by Ben Bowlby.
ha ha, you almost got my christmas card idea.....almost
Old 11 Dec 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2598206)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
ha ha, you almost got my christmas card idea.....almost
I can't hardly wait to see what will be...
Old 12 Dec 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2598322)   #23
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Fantastic! So who are the drivers?

I was thinking Jimmy Spencer and Billy Boat, subject to the granting of superlicences, which would just involve going through the motions of signing the applications and posting them in I would imagine
Old 12 Dec 2009, 06:30 (Ref:2598340)   #24
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Rumour on another forum (note rumour) is that their tub mold has had to be scrapped. No reason given.
Since Tiger (Cheeta) Woods has quit golf, at least for a while maybe he will sign up. We know he has quite a driver.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2598421)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a proper "silly season in full swing".
Closed Thread