Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Apr 2012, 01:45 (Ref:3058701)   #51
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More photos from the filming, these from a couple weeks ago (March 30). Looks like a lot of care went into getting the look of the '70s-era F1 babes just right. I like it.

Topspeed.com: New images of Ron Howard’s "Rush" F1 Film

Old 14 Apr 2012, 02:04 (Ref:3058705)   #52
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
The Australian censors are going to go mental when they see the cigarette advertising!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3058706)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Ron Howard is the boss when it comes to detail...
Old 14 Apr 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3058708)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
I thought a Rusty Swigert was the problem that caused the explosion? Isn't that a part of an oxygen tank?

Brilliant!
Old 14 Apr 2012, 03:58 (Ref:3058734)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love it !
Old 14 Apr 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3058919)   #56
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The Australian censors are going to go mental when they see the cigarette advertising!
My thoughts exactly.
Old 14 Apr 2012, 15:26 (Ref:3058974)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They can take a deep breath and put it down to historical accuracy.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3065625)   #58
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filming racing at Snet' next week
Old 26 Apr 2012, 00:58 (Ref:3065645)   #59
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
You stirrer you..
So Jeremy are you saying that m1fcf actually caused the Apollo 13 expolsion when he stirred the oxygen tanks, that caused the Rusty Swigert to fail !!!!

Wow Ron Howard got it so wrong !!!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3065778)   #60
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
So Jeremy are you saying that m1fcf actually caused the Apollo 13 expolsion when he stirred the oxygen tanks, that caused the Rusty Swigert to fail !!!!

Wow Ron Howard got it so wrong !!!

However, I have a funny feeling that this movie is going to be huge, and not only among racing fans..
Old 26 Apr 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3065974)   #61
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed, I can't wait for it to open !!!!!!
Old 27 Apr 2012, 04:41 (Ref:3066007)   #62
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
However, I have a funny feeling that this movie is going to be huge, and not only among racing fans..
I don't know about that. I kinda figured Driven might have done alright in theaters but it was a financial failure, grossing only $32 million but with a development cost of well over double that. The film's director also did Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, and Deep Blue Sea, all of which grossed hundreds of millions in the box office. Director Ron Howard and writer Peter Morgan may produce works earning greater critical respect, but that itself doesn't translate to a hundred million ticket sales.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 16:27 (Ref:3066234)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driven ? Driven was awful, a movie about Indy trying to look F1, with characters inspired by F1 drivers in an american scenario... it was a complete failure... not to mention that Stallone had put some unreal jokes about whistling and coins to turn on the perfect racer... what a joke.
This one is based on true events with a story of charismatic drivers that really brought crowds of fans to watch them.
I'm sorry but to relate "Driven" as a motorsport movie is really a joke.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3066265)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I went to see it at the cinema. We were the only people in there. Well, that is everyone else's loss. The realism was unbelievable, from the quality of the acting to the amazing cgi raindrops. And, wow, the scene where he drove backwards along the track to rescue the driver who had crashed into the lake. It brought a tear to my eye. There hasn't been a film like it before or since.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3066269)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driven; I've always referred to it as Drivel.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3066273)   #66
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jalopnik weighs in on the question of historical accuracy:

Is Ron Howard’s Rush Taking Artistic Liberties With Racing History?

For his James Hunt/Niki Lauda biopic, Rush, director Ron Howard appears to be recreating a 1970 F3 race that helped shape the legend of Hunt, the mercurial 1970s Formula One champ and shag-o-lator. Of course, Hunt's arch-rival Niki Lauda was there too. Or was he?

It was the 1970 Daily Express Trophy Final at the UK's Crystal Palace. Spectators and TV viewers (at least those who stayed with it until the very end) caught one of the most heated battles for second place ever fought on a racetrack. The only problem in using the race as a plot point for Rush is that the on-track fireworks weren't between Hunt and Lauda. They were between Hunt and driver David Morgan...

Will Howard extend the Hunt/Lauda rivalry into the realm of dramatic fantasy by making Lauda the subject of Hunt's shove? That remains to be seen...

How do you think racing nerds will take to Howard exercising his creative license this way? If the racing scenes are engrossing and the shots of Olivia Wilde are long and lingering, they'll probably be fine with it — although the most detail-obsessed may want to sit out the movie altogether. We'll know more when the film debuts in 2013...

I'm fine with it.

Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3066274)   #67
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the part where they race through the streets is one of the worst movie scenes ever.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3066279)   #68
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I went to see it at the cinema. We were the only people in there. Well, that is everyone else's loss. The realism was unbelievable, from the quality of the acting to the amazing cgi raindrops. And, wow, the scene where he drove backwards along the track to rescue the driver who had crashed into the lake. It brought a tear to my eye. There hasn't been a film like it before or since.
The doctor is at again...

Yes Adam that was true movie making magic... Black magic !
Old 27 Apr 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3066280)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
Jalopnik weighs in on the question of historical accuracy:

Is Ron Howard’s Rush Taking Artistic Liberties With Racing History?

For his James Hunt/Niki Lauda biopic, Rush, director Ron Howard appears to be recreating a 1970 F3 race that helped shape the legend of Hunt, the mercurial 1970s Formula One champ and shag-o-lator. Of course, Hunt's arch-rival Niki Lauda was there too. Or was he?

It was the 1970 Daily Express Trophy Final at the UK's Crystal Palace. Spectators and TV viewers (at least those who stayed with it until the very end) caught one of the most heated battles for second place ever fought on a racetrack. The only problem in using the race as a plot point for Rush is that the on-track fireworks weren't between Hunt and Lauda. They were between Hunt and driver David Morgan...

Will Howard extend the Hunt/Lauda rivalry into the realm of dramatic fantasy by making Lauda the subject of Hunt's shove? That remains to be seen...

How do you think racing nerds will take to Howard exercising his creative license this way? If the racing scenes are engrossing and the shots of Olivia Wilde are long and lingering, they'll probably be fine with it — although the most detail-obsessed may want to sit out the movie altogether. We'll know more when the film debuts in 2013...

I'm fine with it.

Me too, that's not a documentary.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3066304)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
the part where they race through the streets is one of the worst movie scenes ever.
It was cringeworthy, to say the least.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 19:40 (Ref:3066310)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't really understand the need to change the detail of the F3 race.
Base a film on Hunt and Lauda, but of you should change the names too, if you are going to change what happened. IMHO.
By maintaining the real name link you are pretending history was different.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3066364)   #72
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filming at Snetterton on the 1st and 2nd May
Old 28 Apr 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3066397)   #73
wnut
Veteran

For those interested

F3 1970 Crystal Palace Finale.
Great race well worth a look features Dave Walker, Mike Beuttler, Carlos Pace, James Hunt.

at the end of the video, about 14mins Hunt flattens Trimmer for causing the last lap accident!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCDu...eature=related
Old 28 Apr 2012, 06:09 (Ref:3066410)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
For those interested

Great race well worth a look features Dave Walker, Mike Beuttler, Carlos Pace, James Hunt.

at the end of the video, about 14mins Hunt flattens Trimmer for causing the last lap accident!

Thanks for the link; that was priceless.
Old 28 Apr 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3066532)   #75
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
For those interested

Brilliant, thank you...