Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:22 (Ref:847792)   #1
lozeree
Rookie

lozeree should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a Newbie

Hi there. Im basically looking for some general advice. i want to start racing once i get a new car that i will be stripping down and making into a race car. i wanna know as a beginner what i have to do to get into the whole racing thing like drag racing or even circit racing. What type of car should i get do ya think and how do i ctually sign up for the races. Im definately a novice to this but we all have to start from somewhere and i just need some general start up info. i really hope someine can help.I know i have to apply for a liscence and everthing and i live near donnington race track so i will probably pay a visit there very soon to see what its all about. hope you can help.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 08:15 (Ref:847891)   #2
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how in gods name did you triple post this? was that intentional?
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:30 (Ref:848085)   #3
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long is a piece of string Lozeree? I admire your enthusiasm but I think your first step should be to decide for yourself what sort of racing you want to get into. Then contact the governing body of that series or class of racing - go to an event and get talking to people. Racing drivers have no more favourite subject than themselves and a couple of hours talking to drivers and mechanics in the pits is worth a fortune in advice. You might even find someone in your local area who would be willing to help you get into your chosen series.

Good luck!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 11:56 (Ref:848109)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
As hog says you need to work out what form of racing you're interested in, this may be dictated by budget, location or various other factors. Who you need to contact will again vary depending on what series you go for. As a starting point though you could get the MSA blue book and have a nose through that, whatever you end up doing you'll need the blue book.