3 0 0%
2 1 2.86%
1 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4077731)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Turkish Grand Prix 2021

What's your score?
Old 10 Oct 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4077788)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7. Race, particularly last phase, had me really engaged.

Fun race.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4077832)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A rather processional race but it certainly came alive in the last ten laps or so. 6
Old 10 Oct 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4077874)   #4
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
7. It threatened to get exciting but never quite got there.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4077877)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
8 - Just because there always seemed to be something interesting going on, more to it than just the on track battles. Sainz, Hamilton and LeClerc really kept it interesting.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4077885)   #6
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I gave it a seven. Not as good as I was expecting, but exciting nonetheless.
Old 10 Oct 2021, 21:21 (Ref:4077896)   #7
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite processional, but the question marks over tyres had me on the edge of m seat, so 8.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 00:26 (Ref:4077930)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I gave it 9, my highest rating all year, simply because I felt it laid to rest so many rubbish stories that circulate from keyboard warriors.

Bottas is a journeyman in the best car? No. He is a very capable GP driver who can run as fast as anyone when everything is going the right way. Pole. Fastest lap. Lights to flag win and not in the fastest car.
He beat Max (who we could say is in a 'faster car' after his domination in Zandvoort).

Perez is not a journeyman. He is a dammed good driver and his wheel to wheel with Sir Lewis was magical stuff. It showed that the Mercedes is not the magic bullet Ham's critics say it is and it demonstrated something I felt Perez ever since he was dropped by McLaren.
He is better than you realize.
It also showed it is possible to go wheel to wheel with Ham without crashing into him and reinforced my belief that Ham is not the root cause of the incidents between him and Max at this point.
McLarens car is track sensitive, probably more than any other in the field at the moment.
Sainz is really good. We knew that but this was a really good drive. As good as Max at Sochi.
Gasly is good but there is a reason why he was passed over for the second seat at RBR and we saw why in Turkey.

A wet one yes but it showed where there is class in the field and I got a lot of pleasure out of following it.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 03:47 (Ref:4077942)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
only a 4 from me
I woke up this morning and really couldnt remember much that happened
Entertaining enough, but largely forgettable
Old 11 Oct 2021, 06:03 (Ref:4077953)   #10
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7, not enough rain.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 13:29 (Ref:4078022)   #11
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was interesting in parts, but mostly processional. Carlos Saintz saved it for me. A 7.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 14:13 (Ref:4078033)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 from me. Always threatened to get really interesting but never quite made it.
Old 13 Oct 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4078359)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
6 from me. Always threatened to get really interesting but never quite made it.
Perfect summary.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4078494)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finally got chance to wind through the recording. 7.
Old 20 Oct 2021, 07:07 (Ref:4079204)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've finally seen it! I watched a Sky re-run and after having to watch a lot of Channel 4 highlights recently, I found myself really enthralled and I think it's in part because, no matter how good a job Channel 4 do, not being able to follow the race in full means that you miss details and lose the flow of the race and the depth. This one was excellent to watch in full, because it was quite captivating to watch the tyre issues (or non-issues) unfold. I voted an 8.

Teretonga, I really agree about Sainz, but respectfully disagree about Gasly. His few bad races these days stick out because they're the exception. He is mightily fast and although he had a poor race in Sochi and made the mistake here, I don't know what that shows us. I thought he was unlucky to be singled out as at fault in the Alonso incident. Looked like standard wet-weather understeer to me, although I don't have the data the FIA do.
Old 21 Oct 2021, 23:50 (Ref:4079415)   #16
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I've finally seen it! I watched a Sky re-run and after having to watch a lot of Channel 4 highlights recently, I found myself really enthralled and I think it's in part because, no matter how good a job Channel 4 do, not being able to follow the race in full means that you miss details and lose the flow of the race and the depth. This one was excellent to watch in full, because it was quite captivating to watch the tyre issues (or non-issues) unfold. I voted an 8.

Teretonga, I really agree about Sainz, but respectfully disagree about Gasly. His few bad races these days stick out because they're the exception. He is mightily fast and although he had a poor race in Sochi and made the mistake here, I don't know what that shows us. I thought he was unlucky to be singled out as at fault in the Alonso incident. Looked like standard wet-weather understeer to me, although I don't have the data the FIA do.
Actually the Gasly comment had nothing to do with the penalty. In that situation he was between a rock and a hard place. Dammed if he did and dammed if he couldn't.
Nah. It was just an overall feeling that Perez outshone him. That was why RB passed on returning him to the main team. I like Gasly and would be happy to see him in the main team but I have also always like Perez and supported him ever since he was at Sauber. I was annoyed when McLaren dropped him.

So what I saw in Turkey was more than a competent journeyman. Going head to head with Sir L Ham and pulling it off was magic for me and with the podium he shone like a beacon.
Old 20 Oct 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4079206)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was definitely an interesting event. I only saw the highlights. TBH I don't think the circuit is as good as say Suzuka, which I miss atm. But the rain certainly livened things up. I thought C4 did a good job of it, it's just a shame there's no live races on FTA.

Definitely I am glad Bottas won, he's still a great driver and it was nice to see drivers trying to go to the end on their inters, rather than constant pitstops. I gave it an 8 for an interesting race

Sainz may not quite be the finished article, but he's shown what a top class driver he is and he will win a race hopefully in an improved Ferrari next year. Gasly for me is a bit inconsistent. He can be good on some days, invisible on other days IMO. Although that incident with Alonso looked nothing more than a racing incident and just a case of three into 1 doesn't go. Of course the FIA know more, but they choose to keep us guessing instead of showing us the data
Old 22 Oct 2021, 02:45 (Ref:4079432)   #18
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think Gasly's best hope of sustained success is outside the RB family.

They will be team Max for a long, long time.