Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Sep 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4072003)   #1651
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I got #1. To be fair Bauble it was impossible to tell the Morris is pointing the wrong way.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Im in the same boat.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 19:05 (Ref:4072022)   #1652
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I got #1. To be fair Bauble it was impossible to tell the Morris is pointing the wrong way.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I assumed every on here would recognise Copse Corner
Old 6 Sep 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4072238)   #1653
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It has been a bit quiet here lately, so why not see if you can find six well known phrases or sayings suggested y these pictures?
These cars look so cool, I really like the one with the 176 number on it.
Old 8 Sep 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4072615)   #1654
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisklein90 View Post
These cars look so cool, I really like the one with the 176 number on it.
Glad you liked the picture, even if you did not get the answer.

So.
Attached Thumbnails
386.JPG   387.JPG  
Old 31 Oct 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4080774)   #1655
bauble
Veteran

England
Time to get the brain in gear, and the reference books out, just place these cars in sequence, no clues on offer, and you know me;
Attached Thumbnails
P 3.JPG   P 1.JPG   P 7.JPG  

p 4.JPG   p 6.JPG   Puz e.JPG  

Old 1 Nov 2021, 11:39 (Ref:4080911)   #1656
bauble
Veteran

England
No replies! You will kick yourself when I reveal the answer.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4080913)   #1657
bauble
Veteran

England
Reminder to self don't double post.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4080980)   #1658
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
No replies! You will kick yourself when I reveal the answer.
OK! You need a clue, well here is the rest of the sequence, it might help.
Attached Thumbnails
No 7.JPG   No 8.JPG   No 9.JPG  

No 10.jpg   No 11.jpg   No 12.JPG  

Old 2 Nov 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4081064)   #1659
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Reminder to self don't double post.
You can say that again
Old 2 Nov 2021, 08:34 (Ref:4081069)   #1660
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK! You need a clue, well here is the rest of the sequence, it might help.
Erm….this is meant to help?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Nov 2021, 09:52 (Ref:4081077)   #1661
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Some people can't be helped!

Now in the original batch there are the numbers 3,5,and 6, can you spot anymore?

To solve the puzzle one did not have to have any technical expertise, or knowledge of historic cars, it was idiot proof, needing only a sharp eye, and a little native intelligence.

What a sad reflection on the quality on the community posting here!

I'll get my hat!

Oh! These cars all have something in common, can you guess what?
Attached Thumbnails
356h.JPG   356ii.JPG   356j.JPG  

Old 2 Nov 2021, 09:54 (Ref:4081078)   #1662
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Im glad im not the only one who thought that....

I wont be leaving the Stupido Club anytime soon, of that I am assured..

Edit: Finally the Penny fell on the floor.

Last edited by E.B; 2 Nov 2021 at 10:18.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4081081)   #1663
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Some people can't be helped!

Now in the original batch there are the numbers 3,5,and 6, can you spot anymore?

To solve the puzzle one did not have to have any technical expertise, or knowledge of historic cars, it was idiot proof, needing only a sharp eye, and a little native intelligence.

What a sad reflection on the quality on the community posting here!

I'll get my hat!

They've all been photographed by you?
What prize do I get?
Old 2 Nov 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4081082)   #1664
bauble
Veteran

England
Well EB, I c;early over estimated the level of cleverness on Tenths, so for the even less bright (No names mentioned here) I will explain.

Close examination of the six pictures in the original question will reveal that they have a Racing Number the white Porsche carries number 1, the white single seater (goodness knows what it is) has number 2 on it's engine cover, the red car (A Lancia, by the way) is numbered 3, the funny black car is number 4 (It's a Clubmans) the little green sports car is number 5, and the ARV6 Morgan of Simon Orebi Gann approaching Druids Corner at Brands Hatch earlier this year has a number 6 on the door.

So the correct sequence is Porsche, odd white racing car, Lancia Saloon, black Clubmans car. Green car, Morgan.

The rather obscure 'clue' offered shows a variety of cars all carrying (in plain sight) a racing number 7 to 12. I apologise for causing so much mental anguish, and promise not to do it again. (Today)
Old 2 Nov 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4081084)   #1665
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Please Sir, please Sir, I know the answer!

They've all got 4 wheels with tyres on, plus a steering wheel. And they all have big numbers on the doors, ending in the number 9.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4081086)   #1666
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Please Sir, please Sir, I know the answer!

They've all got 4 wheels with tyres on, plus a steering wheel. And they all have big numbers on the doors, ending in the number 9.
Clever boy!

and a for you!
Old 2 Nov 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4081105)   #1667
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well EB, I c;early over estimated the level of cleverness on Tenths, so for the even less bright (No names mentioned here) I will explain.

....., the funny black car is number 4 (It's a Clubmans) :
That would be a Clubmans indeed, specifically a Phantom P79 (or 80).
Old 2 Nov 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4081170)   #1668
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My brain was not on that track, think baub has derailed me!!
Old 2 Nov 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4081212)   #1669
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
My brain was not on that track, think baub has derailed me!!
OK! The original set were chosen in the main so that the numbers were not obvious, so it is not too surprising that no one picked the sequence up, HOWEVER, the second set was deliberately chosen to highlight the run of numbers, I am shocked, amazed, stunned, gobsmacked even, that anyone could miss the connection.Take another look, and I am sure you will kick yourself.

Anyway, RB it served you right after some of your teasers.
Cheers,

RFB.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4081245)   #1670
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
OK! The original set were chosen in the main so that the numbers were not obvious, so it is not too surprising that no one picked the sequence up, HOWEVER, the second set was deliberately chosen to highlight the run of numbers, I am shocked, amazed, stunned, gobsmacked even, that anyone could miss the connection.Take another look, and I am sure you will kick yourself.

Anyway, RB it served you right after some of your teasers.
Cheers,

RFB.
Well now you have pointed it out, I think I can answer the question!!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Nov 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4081266)   #1671
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Well now you have pointed it out, I think I can answer the question!!!
Even now I have doubts about that!!!!!!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4081325)   #1672
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Even now I have doubts about that!!!!!!
Worryingly you could be right!!!:
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Nov 2021, 17:39 (Ref:4081330)   #1673
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not even sure that I understand the answers! Double dunce club here although I'm pretty sure the white single seater in post 1655 is a van Diemen FFord 1600. Oh! and the 3 cars in 1661 were all made in Stuttgart.

Last edited by justracing; 3 Nov 2021 at 17:45.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4081335)   #1674
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I'm not even sure that I understand the answers! Double dunce club here although I'm pretty sure the white single seater in post 1655 is a van Diemen FFord 1600. Oh! and the 3 cars in 1661 were all made in Stuttgart.
Only one thing about each picture that matters JR (Oh! not JR, he's a nice man), is the big number painted on the side of the cars. OF COURSE IF YOU CAN ONLY COUNT UP TO 11 IN THE BATH, YOU COULD BE IN TROUBLE,

It seems that really simple puzzles are far too hard for most, next time it will be devilishly obscure.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4081340)   #1675
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
…….next time it will be devilishly obscure.
Normal service resumed then…..?!
Mag 7's #60