Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 May 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2454708)   #1
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Kiwi Racing... coming to a series near you?

Is the Phoenix rising or is it just hot air?

David John appears to be determined to keep the TKR brand alive, if not in V8 Supercars perhaps in GT3's, NZV8's.

Will he make it to the track or are their more legal issues still to come?
Old 3 May 2009, 18:46 (Ref:2454711)   #2
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having just read the full press release I find a couple of things quite odd.....
"It is believed TKR have also had discussions about running either a Porsche GT3 and or NZV8 Touring car in the 2009/10 Championship..."- TKR Press Release (teamkiwiracing.co.nz)
So whoever wrote this press release (and a couple of things would lead me to believe it was Mr John) is unsure on whether TKR has had discussions about running a Porsche or NZV8???? Weird???

and

"Kayne Scott - Kayne asked for the 888 car he was provided in 2008 by TKR."
-TKR Press Release (teamkiwiracing.co.nz)
I just thought that's a weird statement.... I can't put my finger on why it feels weird though.
Old 3 May 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2454735)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see it happening. All the money and goodwill is toast. Also if he wanted to do driver development you need someone that can develop drivers and that isn't there either.

I'm sure Kayne asked for the car probably because it belonged to him all along.

I'll be surprised if there are not legal issues and money issues to sort out. Sounds like there are plenty of creditors.
Old 3 May 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2454746)   #4
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I don't see it happening. All the money and goodwill is toast. Also if he wanted to do driver development you need someone that can develop drivers and that isn't there either.

I'm sure Kayne asked for the car probably because it belonged to him all along.

I'll be surprised if there are not legal issues and money issues to sort out. Sounds like there are plenty of creditors.

Mountainstar,
for the record, the Scotts served a Statutory Demand on TKR, 2 weeks ago, for the sum of $380,000.

I should come as no surprise that TKR have filed a notice to defend.

It should also be noted that under this some what draconian legislation, the defendant has to satisfy the court that they are solvent.

Mark Petch.
Old 3 May 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2454751)   #5
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a shame for Kayne and his family, but seriously, who did not see this coming?

Hope he has more luck than those who have tried before him.
Old 3 May 2009, 23:07 (Ref:2454817)   #6
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I say a quote that they could go to dirt track racing I have figured a way to get some money for the team Put Mr John in a demo darby and charge people $1000 to race against him I sure there would be happy to put some cash up to try and smash Mr Johns
Old 4 May 2009, 00:09 (Ref:2454845)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Mountainstar,
for the record, the Scotts served a Statutory Demand on TKR, 2 weeks ago, for the sum of $380,000.

I should come as no surprise that TKR have filed a notice to defend.

It should also be noted that under this some what draconian legislation, the defendant has to satisfy the court that they are solvent.

Mark Petch.
Well I hope they get what is owed or at least most of it.
Old 4 May 2009, 00:11 (Ref:2454848)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Well I say a quote that they could go to dirt track racing I have figured a way to get some money for the team Put Mr John in a demo darby and charge people $1000 to race against him I sure there would be happy to put some cash up to try and smash Mr Johns
That would be quite the event.
Old 4 May 2009, 00:31 (Ref:2454857)   #9
Aussie 01
Rookie

Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys make me proud to be an Aussie.

The way you attack a person who has given a fair amount of time, money and effort to the sport in your country and is happy to still do so after all the latest cr** should not be treated as you are doing and being allowed to do on this forum.

I know Mark Petch has done his fair share for the sport in NZ but that does not excuse his underminding tactics which are obvious or he would simply keep his mouth shut and not bother posting on this forum.

However what have all you other critics done to support NZ motorsport at the same level that makes you experts and think you have the right to try and talk TKR and or Mr John down all the time like you do.

From what I have seen Mr John has always provided the funds for drivers to get their chance as Jason Richards said in the Sunday News this weekend (or did you all conveniently miss that story where he says) that he and other Kiwi drivers are gratefull for the opportunity they got thanks to David John for starting their V8 Supercar Careers.
Old 4 May 2009, 00:38 (Ref:2454860)   #10
jim beam
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
jim beam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie 01 View Post

The way you attack a person who has given a fair amount of time, money and effort to the sport in your country and is happy to still do so after all the latest cr** should not be treated as you are doing and being allowed to do on this forum.

I know Mark Petch has done his fair share for the sport in NZ but that does not excuse his underminding tactics which are obvious or he would simply keep his mouth shut and not bother posting on this forum.

However what have all you other critics done to support NZ motorsport at the same level that makes you experts and think you have the right to try and talk TKR and or Mr John down all the time like you do.

From what I have seen Mr John has always provided the funds for drivers to get their chance as Jason Richards said in the Sunday News this weekend (or did you all conveniently miss that story where he says) that he and other Kiwi drivers are gratefull for the opportunity they got thanks to David John for starting their V8 Supercar Careers.

HUH !!! thats pretty rich considering there are a number of topics on here Trashing the promoters of the v8s from you Aussies.
Old 4 May 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2454914)   #11
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
No more so than David John is allegedlly undermining the financial wellbeing of the Scott Family.

Although morally speaking, what's worse refusing to pay someone the several hundred thousand dollars you owe them or reporting what would appear to be a black and white fact?

Quote:
Sorry, I did miss it, I don't usually read the Sunday News. I wouldn't have thought it was readily available in Australia, so working on the assumption you read it online (since you're is Australia ) I had a look at SundayNews.co.nz... I did find a story about TKR, but it didn't have the qoute from Jason you mention....if you've got the link to the story you read feel free to post it.
Old 4 May 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2454940)   #12
Aussie 01
Rookie

Aussie 01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chappellie

Go back and look at SundayNews.co.nz and look under Jason Richards own section and you will be able to read it.

It has been over a year since Scott was involved with TKR so interesting now all other issues have gone dead you pull this one out but carefully put in the word allegedlly.

Does that mean you do not actually know 100% chappellie but are still keen on spreading this story????

Kayne Scott has also said as has Mark Petch that the Scott family own the
TKR car from last year yet it is still in TKR's control in Aust.

So which story is it??

Is the Scott family owed money and or do they own the car and or neither of the above stories this forum makes up.
Old 4 May 2009, 05:18 (Ref:2454944)   #13
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Aussie,

If you have the time to wade thru it, I asked the TKR accountant that very question in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...112169&page=71
Somewhere about 4 or 5th of jan. Starting at post 16.

Despite several replies, I still dont know the full answer.
Old 4 May 2009, 05:21 (Ref:2454945)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ask a simpler question.. where is the 2008 ex-888 TKR chassis today?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 May 2009, 05:23 (Ref:2454946)   #15
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
I read somewhere that it has been sold to the Janes for the Fijitsu series.

Can anyone confirm??
Old 4 May 2009, 07:04 (Ref:2454968)   #16
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for that Jason Richards bit... there it is!

To be honest Aussie01, the adding of "IE" on the end of my name to make ChappelLIE is a little childish, I'm not sure where you think I've "lied" but I'd appreciate you gorwing up a little and communicating like an adult. I'm not going to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Quote:
It has been over a year since Scott was involved with TKR so interesting now all other issues have gone dead you pull this one out but carefully put in the word allegedlly.
I seem to remember Scott being involved with Team Kiwi Racing at Bathurst.... which correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got that being a little over 6 months ago.... not "over a year".

I say "allegedly" because Mark Petch (whom I do not know personally) posted it, I haven't verified it, I have know way of knowing whether it's factual or not... I choose to "pull it out now" because it was posted only a few posts before mine.

I pressume Mark Petch (and once again, I don't know and have never spoken to Mr Petch) decided to post the information because David John is from the sounds of things is planning to throw a bit cash around in the NZ Motorsport scene when he ALLEGEDLY owes a not-insignificant amount to the Scotts (among others).... Personally, I think it's fair enough if he's got an issue with that.

Quote:
Does that mean you do not actually know 100% chappellie but are still keen on spreading this story????
Correct (see above).

As far as "spreading"the story goes... Well, I've replied to a post in the same thread as it was originally posted.... It's hardly "spreading" it and certainly if I WAS intending to spread anything, I can assure you I have far far more effective means of "spreading" information than posting it here.

Quote:
Control would suggest that TKR are free to do with the car what they like. Allegedly their's a lien on the asset. I have no doubt that the vehicle is a registered asset of TKR, but whether it's free of encumberment is another question.... Certainly from Mr Petch's post it would appear that the Scotts feel they are owed a fair amount of money (which if liquidated I would assume would make up a fair chunk of that particular asset).

Here's a question for you (or Mr John ): It's been made very very clear that TKR don't feel they were in the wrong with the annullment of the FPR contract. Given that TKR are now well and truely clear of the Ford NZ sponsorship (which I believe was the only reason stopping legal action) why wouldn't/hasn't David John sought damages? From what I know, if TKR are in the right, it's a pretty clear cut case and I imagine the damages would be significant...... So why wouldn't he you go for damages?
Old 4 May 2009, 07:39 (Ref:2454985)   #17
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

David,
why don't you simply attack me under your own name?

Aussie 01, Numero Uno [Number One in Latin] you certainly have a penchant for the numeral 1.

Mark Petch.
Old 4 May 2009, 08:03 (Ref:2454998)   #18
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Dear David Paul John

Proud to be an aussie good on ya as NZ hates you.

Your remains in unpaid accounts, money recieved for services you could not provide. You have screwed over many people if you think TKR will live with you....... You are very lost.

I would think anyone with any clue will not want you to take part in any form of NZ competition, funny you mentioned the Mini Challange has Martin set some ground rules for you?

As for the NZ v8s, your mate Mark could awnswer all your questions.

It's very much a laugh having to go back to the same people you have burnt before.

Have fun DJ
Old 4 May 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2455032)   #19
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Chappellie

Go back and look at SundayNews.co.nz and look under Jason Richards own section and you will be able to read it.

"YEAH AO1...I read some other stuff yesterday, Sounded like crap to me so you have to "read between the lines" if you know better...Eh?
Maybe Jase just doesn't want to bother....A Young Gentleman for want of a better description..bygones and such..."

"Whats GOT DEAD" IS the Issue here, it aint over til its over, DJ still wants to play...The GAME IS STILL ON!! Countdown for credibility, The winners will get ?? Hot laps on a push bike with Big Ds Baratone providing...convincing sound effects..." or a t shirt,a cuddly toy?

So which story is it??

I've never heard Kayne claim he owns the ex T8 car, But he did provide the funds that were supposed to pay for it...
"You may have to ask the recently departed Director Evo that...he was great at clarifying such things for us mushrooms...of coarse he's cut a track after his first SERVING...so to speak...The Scott familys interests Statutory Demand musta shook him out...Literally...perhaps. Not prepared to FRONT any more Evo?" Incoming...

Is the Scott family owed money and or do they own the car and or neither of the above stories this forum makes up.
If they didn't have a lein I dont believe they would waste their $$/time...Would they?
Maybe they have the ANZ/Nats Lawyers working from them...Maybe that MP chap is behind it all...yet again...Or maybe its just another creditor/supplier/lender trying to get Reimbursed...Wada u recon.

I got my paper tonite...there's an NZPA article with DJs latest ploy and a photo of the great pretender...I though I'll just try something out...So I took page 18 outside and set it on fire and ...you guessed it...It burnt right to that article and extinguished...Yep, he's fireproof as well...

Chappelli...mate someone is ALWAYS watching...
Mark... you are a spoil sport mate, none of us guessed that...

NUI seem to be the largest capital company DJ has...Investor funds wise...It also, so a mate in Oz told me, has the smallest repo rate so far..
I transporter..$58K overdue before MIB Paint and Panel removed it...for safe keeping. I wonder if its still on an asset schedule somewhere?
Old 4 May 2009, 09:46 (Ref:2455058)   #20
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would love to be a fly on the wall when:
he fronts up with a NZV8,
or a Mini Challenge car,
or a clay track sprintcar, with the money he alledgedly to owes, or the burning bridges, with those involved in these classes.
suppose theres always go-carts, i'm sure he hasn't tucked anyone there yet unless he 'borrowed' Mr Urban's van to instantly set his team up???

MR John, tiddley winks is really quite a safe bet, unless you would stoop so low as to steal candy from your opponents!!
Old 4 May 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2455083)   #21
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
would love to be a fly on the wall when:
he fronts up with a NZV8,
or a Mini Challenge car,
or a clay track sprintcar, with the money he alledgedly to owes, or the burning bridges, with those involved in these classes.
suppose theres always go-carts, i'm sure he hasn't tucked anyone there yet unless he 'borrowed' Mr Urban's van to instantly set his team up???

MR John, tiddley winks is really quite a safe bet, unless you would stoop so low as to steal candy from your opponents!!
May I sugest that he stay away from the clay tracks...I've got knowledgable mates that run there...The alky Peddlers are going to be way to much for DJs style...Plus Flying duck those rockets jump fences you know...Couldn't guarantee DJs safety there...or in the pits...or the stands either...A bit more Staunch you might say...This crowd.

Tiddely winks would be out too... Smokin Joe...based on your conditions.
Old 4 May 2009, 19:03 (Ref:2455377)   #22
mctshirt
Racer

New Zealand
The Land Of The Long Wide Bum
mctshirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Lets go back to the start. David John started TKR after watching Bathurst on TV with some mates and thought he might like to have a go. Angus Fogg was hired for his engineering skill and Jason Richards was hired for his marketing skills (50 Years On Track by Sany Myhre). If Jason said something nice it's because he's a nice guy intending to let sleeping dogs lie - what would Baird, Scott, or Radisich say that's going to back up Mr John.

Nothing for nothing in this world. TKR should pay it's bills first before embarking on new directions IMHO.
Old 4 May 2009, 20:05 (Ref:2455419)   #23
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
suppose theres always go-carts, i'm sure he hasn't tucked anyone there yet
Uh oh, you shouldn't have mentioned that. Now he's going to dredge up the memory of TKR helping out a very young Mr Van Der Drift with his Kart, and claim another 'he only made it with help from me'.......
However, from memory it was a relatively short lived affair - but haven't they all been?
Old 4 May 2009, 22:43 (Ref:2455501)   #24
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
David,
why don't you simply attack me under your own name?

Aussie 01, Numero Uno [Number One in Latin] you certainly have a penchant for the numeral 1.

Mark Petch.
I read it like a number plate...Australian naughty one,
or maybe...Assigned Officially One..

Numero uno...Looking after number one...
...connotation...or a freudian slip?
Old 4 May 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2455519)   #25
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Chappellie you don't need to lie to all us. We know you have a hidden agenda and your real name is Evo Mike or is it he is just using your login and you don't know about it or maybe you are really Mark Petch or is he just using your login.

Wait Chappelli I know who your are your a life long motorsport fan that has supported NZ motorsport by both working at meetings and by offering sponsorship help to NZ drivers. Now I'm guessing your dislike of TKR has started because your sick of the BS that comes out of D Johns mouth at all times looking at your post history this is not a new thing for you.

By the way the last Paragraph is the true Chappelli and I know him very well and he is in no way anyone but a person that is keen to keep NZ motorsport name clean as it's hard enough to find sponsors, and he has been a very keen supporter of a number of teams and when you burn one sponsor you burn them for everyone.

So Aussie 01 do you have anyone with history on this site that can stand up and vouch for your motives or your support to NZ Motorsport.