Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3992889)   #51
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Would never have sorted that one out as the Rover came out in 1949 and the one pictured did not have semaphore rafficators which makes it later than 1950!!!!!!!
The Jupiter was launched in 1949, with the example pictured being from 1953 I think?

[Don't want to sound harsh, but I think pedantry is rife at the moment]
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3992895)   #52
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are all clutching at straws, all of the cars pictured, are 'officially 70 this year.

Of course if you find these simple puzzles too hard I can always dumb them down to your level.
'
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:36 (Ref:3992898)   #53
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You are all clutching at straws, all of the cars pictured, are 'officially 70 this year.

Of course if you find these simple puzzles too hard I can always dumb them down to your level.
'
Actually, I don't think you could go low enough to get to my level!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:46 (Ref:3992903)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Actually, I don't think you could go low enough to get to my level!
Can you identify this car a short four word answer will suffice, and for an extra point can you name the driver. Duh!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3992911)   #55
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally.....a question I can answer, but will just check it with Gerard the other half of the Stupido club!

Although trying to out pedant the pedants, is it not a four letter answer rather than a four word answer?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:09 (Ref:3992923)   #56
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can you identify this car a short four word answer will suffice, and for an extra point can you name the driver. Duh!
'A car that races'.

I'm going to name the driver Michael.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:47 (Ref:3992938)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Finally.....a question I can answer, but will just check it with Gerard the other half of the Stupido club!

Although trying to out pedant the pedants, is it not a four letter answer rather than a four word answer?!
I do not want to over tax anyone's brain Will!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3992940)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
'A car that races'.

I'm going to name the driver Michael.
She will be upset!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3992960)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
She will be upset!
We have a Princess Michael.....
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:17 (Ref:3992965)   #60
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A tough one baub because both 'Austin' and 'Morris' have more than 4 letters. As for naming the driver it is also a bit of a challenge at the crash helmet (which does appear to be plain white anyway) is also very obscured by the top of the drivers seat, so I can't see any distinguishing marks to give me a clue there either.
Nope, once more I think you have me stumped
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3992973)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Finally.....a question I can answer, but will just check it with Gerard the other half of the Stupido club! Although trying to out pedant the pedants, is it not a four letter answer rather than a four word answer?!
As a racer you must know that from Heaven to Hell, sometimes the way can be short!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3992984)   #62
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

OOPS! I see what you mean, something like 'Mini' would be OK, once you have identified the make and model. Try Googling small green cars, it might help.

PS; Are there any vacancies in the Stupido Club?
Old 4 Aug 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3992991)   #63
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Vacancies? Watzat? Are you kidding me here? No way, man! On the contrary, vacancies is the best time of the year to recrut new members. On the beaches for example…

By the way, because one is hesitating between Maurice and Osteen, could the right answer be Coop' or BMC's by chance?
Old 4 Aug 2020, 19:17 (Ref:3992994)   #64
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It could be four words - Austin/Morris Mini Cooper
Old 4 Aug 2020, 20:56 (Ref:3993019)   #65
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
It could be four words - Austin/Morris Mini Cooper
Even when I think I am right I am proved wrong!!! Back to the Stupido Club!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Aug 2020, 21:57 (Ref:3993027)   #66
bauble
Veteran

England
You could try Googling small green cars, there may be something on the net.

I do no need chapter and verse on the car something like 'mini' or 'moke' will do.

Naming the driver will prove difficult, as it could be anyone of a few thousand drivers of small green cars.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 04:36 (Ref:3993052)   #67
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
A tough one baub because both 'Austin' and 'Morris' have more than 4 letters. As for naming the driver it is also a bit of a challenge at the crash helmet (which does appear to be plain white anyway) is also very obscured by the top of the drivers seat, so I can't see any distinguishing marks to give me a clue there either.
Nope, once more I think you have me stumped
There is a name (Jonnie Kent) on the door but I suspect Bob is being devious and that is a Red Herring.... maybe the car is a Mini?

I cant even find an application form for the Stupido Club.... what hope have I got.
Old 5 Aug 2020, 05:26 (Ref:3993053)   #68
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I was a little bit confused too, Chris.
After several hours to try and find a solution, some beers were more useful and made it clear. I turned my computer screen and finally could see the reg number… Just a look at the DVLA site and Martha is your aunt!
I HAVE THE ANSWER

By the huey Bob, if you search bloomy little green you just find a new race of… frogs!
Old 5 Aug 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3993071)   #69
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AHA the driver must be Mr Bean (aka Mr R Atkinson)! He had a green mini.
Gerry.... there is no place for you in the Stupido Club if you know the answer. Banned!
Old 5 Aug 2020, 10:06 (Ref:3993083)   #70
bauble
Veteran

England
I must say that you lot did not disappoint. Nobody came up with the answer "a Mini and the driver is Jonnie Kent".

I knew you would take the joke as intended. (Blimey! Even VivaGT)

What a great bunch of blokes you are.

Now where is the patronising emoji?
Old 5 Aug 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3993086)   #71
bauble
Veteran

England
Something very simple ......

What preceded this? (Usual rules apply)

Old 5 Aug 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3993090)   #72
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOY 499, perhaps?
Old 5 Aug 2020, 10:37 (Ref:3993094)   #73
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
LOY 499, perhaps?
I'm think alphabetical rather then numerical (with a skipped letter).
Old 5 Aug 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3993101)   #74
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
There is a name (Jonnie Kent) on the door but I suspect Bob is being devious and that is a Red Herring.... maybe the car is a Mini?

I cant even find an application form for the Stupido Club.... what hope have I got.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
I must say that you lot did not disappoint. Nobody came up with the answer "a Mini and the driver is Jonnie Kent".
Ignoring me again Bob?

Oh and apologies on my behalf for even thinking you might be devious
Old 5 Aug 2020, 12:34 (Ref:3993120)   #75
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm think alphabetical rather then numerical (with a skipped letter).
OK. CRM stop showing off, just because you came up with the first correct answer.