Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1118186)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Grant & Terri

I am sure by now you will all have read Wrex's announcement regarding the future ownership and direction of 10 Tenths. I would just like to take a moment to thank Grant & Terri (Evilpumpkin & MagnetOn) for taking the project on and wish them the very best of luck with it. I would also like to thank every single person who has helped me run the place over the past 6 years or so.

I believe that the much needed move to a shiny new server will be taking place tonight around 1900hrs so the site will be down for a time but do keep trying as it will be back online as soon as possible.

I am delighted that G&T have taken charge here as I was concerned that we may have to close the doors as I can no longer afford to fund the place. You would be amazed at the amount of money it takes to keep a place as succesful as this online. Please therefore understand that the odd small change may be needed to keep costs under control so please bear with them and support their efforts.

Thanks again to everyone for their support over the past six years. I am now looking forward to a quieter time of things although I have been asked to stay on here as a forum admin which I am pleased to do.

Craig.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:42 (Ref:1118200)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Um Craig.

I gave you my support about five years ago. Can you wash it and send it back please 'coz the "old trouble" has returned!

Welcome aboard G&T. I know some of the things that will be happening and it will be fun!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1118204)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to know that ten-tenths will continue to flourish!

Thank you to Grant and Terri for taking on the site and thank you to all those who have kept it well above water thus far.

Now to prepare survival rations and survival gear for the hour downtime tonight!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 17:05 (Ref:1118227)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no ten-tenths .. thank god(and i don't usually thank Him) .. it didn't come to that

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Oct 2004, 17:09 (Ref:1118233)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Grant and Terri for taking on the task to keep this site up and running!

I guess I realized it when I saw you had become "5-stars". The site will be in competent hands, no doubt. Make sure you make it financially viable - whether that will be through advertisements, a small voluntary membership fee or a combination, you have my full support.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1118309)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great stuff guys, thanks a lot

so your doing it for free... does that mean slavery for us all?

nice to see Craig back in his old seat again!!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1118313)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL - thanks all.

It's always been done for free. What we're hoping for now is to generate a modest amount of revenue from advertising that will pay to keep the site running.

So do feel free to click on anything that takes your fancy.... mouse = money!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1118315)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
... and no bugging pop ups every 5 seconds.... good stuff!!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1118318)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems good so far
Old 7 Oct 2004, 19:38 (Ref:1118319)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The changes are subtle and therefore winning changes!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1118358)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for everything guys. Losing this site would be a major loss for racing fans around the world - it's always been the best forum of its type, and I hope this will continue.
Old 7 Oct 2004, 21:15 (Ref:1118383)   #12
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes totaly!

This was the first forum I entered and It has been the only forum I have joined because it's that great!

There are some great people on this forum and my life wouldn't be the same with out it!
Old 7 Oct 2004, 21:16 (Ref:1118386)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
As a small way of helping with costs we are preparing to get some ten-tenths merchandise together, the profits from which will go towards the running of the site. I don't want to go into details yet or in this thread, but ask you to keep your eyes open for the announcements when they come and to support us where possible.

Craig, a big thank you from me for having faith in not only my abilities but the formation of the Marshals Forum which has I believe done much good to motorsport generally.

Ten-tenths is read at the very highest levels of UK motorsport and comments made here do NOT go unoticed I can assure you. So lets keep up the great work of the past few years and join our new hosts Grant and Teri in making the site even better.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 03:09 (Ref:1118523)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Good luck E & M

I was, however, looking forward to a new orange "decor"
Old 8 Oct 2004, 03:39 (Ref:1118546)   #15
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Craig, Chris & Nigel - great work guys.

Thanks also to Grant & Terri - there is no doubt that 10 Tenths will continue to be in great hands. Thankfully it looks like the future of 10 Tenths will now be ensured for the foreseable future.

[This idea of the orange decor does have me a bit worried though. ]
Old 8 Oct 2004, 06:52 (Ref:1118731)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, I omitted to thank Nigel for his support over the past few years. Sorry Nigel
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1119144)   #17
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Good luck E & M

I was, however, looking forward to a new orange "decor"
well done guys and girls, hopefully it will smooth sailing from now on in. i however, was not looking forward to the orange decour

however, just as this current decour was amazing, different and had it's fair share of opponents when it initially came in, i am sure (like those who steadfastly resisted the change and suddenly accepted it) i will love it all the same

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1119148)   #18
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Craig and ChrisY - Good man to both of you. (And all those who have supported you).

I had thought that EP and MagnetOn had more sense - but I'm very glad that they haven't.

Regards

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 8 Oct 2004 at 18:34.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1119160)   #19
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
LOL - thanks all.

It's always been done for free. What we're hoping for now is to generate a modest amount of revenue from advertising that will pay to keep the site running.

So do feel free to click on anything that takes your fancy.... mouse = money!
Please can you ensure that the clicks only go to "fully clothed" sites - some ten-tenthers look awful with their clothes on - let's not see them "bare".

Seriously, I wish the team good fortune. May your efforts be rewarded with bigger worldwide fame (buy the Pumpkin and MagnetOn sew-on patches now - the pair will sell for a mint on eBay in a few years time).

Tim.

OMG new animations - whopppeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1119167)   #20
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I was so worried that 10T's wasn't going to survive...
Thanks Magnet and Pumpkin.
Thanks very, very much.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 18:59 (Ref:1119177)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
I was so worried that 10T's wasn't going to survive...
You where not the only one. I want to wish Grant & Terri all the best for the future and lets hope that under there leadership's 10/10ths continues to grow like it has done over the last 6 years.

I would also like the thank Craig, Nigel, Chris and all the other staff for there hard work too.

Here's to the next 6 years
Old 8 Oct 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1119229)   #22
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May as well add my tuppenceworth! I am a member of several hobby related forums and this is the best of all of them. Whilst I am sorry to see Craig go, I would like to wish Grant and Terri all the best with this enterprise. May it go from strength to strength.

Thanks for stepping into the breach, dear friends!
Old 8 Oct 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1119289)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheila M
May as well add my tuppenceworth! I am a member of several hobby related forum
Hmm. You wouldn't like to elaborate on that would you?

Quote:
Whilst I am sorry to see Craig go,
He's still here.

Quote:
I would like to wish Grant and TerrHi all the best with this enterprise. May it go from strength to strength.

Thanks for stepping into the breach, dear friends!
OK I'll too.
Old 8 Oct 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1119292)   #24
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Hmm. You wouldn't like to elaborate on that would you?

James Martin - cookery
Persian cats - needs no further explanation
Yorkshire - because I'm from God's Own County!

Is that OK with you Peter?

Old 8 Oct 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1119325)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:

James Martin - cookery
You just have to experience my stir fried chilli beef!

Quote:

Persian cats - needs no further explanation
Then there's the chinese ginger chicken.

Quote:

Yorkshire - because I'm from God's Own County!
Apart from the theological reference Its got nice rocks hasn't it?

Quote:

Is that OK with you Peter?
Purrfect. As if it matters?

[/B][/QUOTE]