Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Feb 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3367470)   #1
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pre race parade

Just read in Dutch Octane magazine Porsche are restoring alot of old le mans cars to use in a big parade. They say it's going to have everything from Porsche 550 spyders till the gt1.
That's going to be a sight to behold.
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3367485)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
That sounds good will be interesting to see what paint schemes they will use remembering all the now not allowed advertising, perhaps the pink pig will be there
Old 12 Feb 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3367492)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That sounds good will be interesting to see what paint schemes they will use remembering all the now not allowed advertising, perhaps the pink pig will be there
Can't historic cars run in original livery? For example the Martini liveries on the Lancias in the Group C race and the Matras that ran a couple of years back I seem to remember having Gitanes written on them.

Obviously if the pink pig saw fit to run I'm fairly sure nobody's going to object too vigorously...
Old 13 Feb 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3367854)   #4
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
this is France, remember ;-)
Old 13 Feb 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3367868)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
With the 'cars of the decade' last year the Porsche 956 ran with Rothmans livery, so I don't see the problem in using contemporary alcohol or tabacco livery in the parade?
Old 13 Feb 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3368041)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Looking forward to seeing the Martini Porsches in that parade.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3368074)   #7
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Certainly something to look forward to. Maybe the Jules livery as that one won the second time I went to the race.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 22:23 (Ref:3368155)   #8
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That would be awesome if it comes off.

It will have a real Porsche feel with the Carrera Cup race as support too.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3368203)   #9
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see any reason why they should not be in the parade in original livery, would love to see that.
Old 13 Feb 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3368235)   #10
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd love to see Moby Dick return to Le Mans if we're putting a bit of a fantasy list together.

Old 13 Feb 2014, 23:40 (Ref:3368238)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And the Dauer 962 with the WSR TWR 95!
Old 15 Feb 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3368670)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
this is France, remember ;-)
You can see stupid things with these over-protecting social laws.
Because of our famous law Evin of 1992, even the "Rothmans" stickers are hidden in the box of a Spark Die-cast model of a Porsche 962 ! So you have to stick them by yourself. As Spark is French conception, they had to think about it.
But, given the Porsche prototypes are historic racing cars, I don't think that the organisers will be asked to hide alcohol/tobacco brands. Or I hope so.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 09:17 (Ref:3368676)   #13
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
last year's legends expo had Rothmans logo on the Porsche, so let's hope

disclaimer: some forum members may appear on this picture
Old 15 Feb 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3368680)   #14
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard b View Post
disclaimer: some forum members may appear on this picture
COUGH ! ERRR-COUGH-COUGH !
Old 15 Feb 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3368681)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes they look familiar
Old 15 Feb 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3368715)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the car look great
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3368732)   #17
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Well the car look great
... and is very well surrounded.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3368733)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
... and is very well surrounded.
by some dodgy looking types
Old 15 Feb 2014, 14:40 (Ref:3368755)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I'd love to see Moby Dick return to Le Mans if we're putting a bit of a fantasy list together.

Man I love that car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
And the Dauer 962.....
Man I hate that car!
Old 15 Feb 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3368878)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Man I hate that car!
It added to the legacy of the 956/962, eventhough it was a rebranded "down watered" version
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3368892)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not for me it didn't - quite the opposite in fact.
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3368900)   #22
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I might also be coloured by seeing the Dauer 962 at an early age and thinking how cool it must be to drive a Le Mans car on the streets
Old 15 Feb 2014, 23:24 (Ref:3368901)   #23
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Aysedasi is meaning that it was a false GT car, a disguised prototype. In 1994, the restrictors were bigger for GT than for LMP. If the Dauer Porsche had not be entered, Toyota could have won the race.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3368926)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Aysedasi is meaning that it was a false GT car, a disguised prototype.
Certainly was.
Quote:
In 1994, the restrictors were bigger for GT than for LMP. If the Dauer Porsche had not be entered, Toyota could have won the race.
Iirc they had narrow tyres. Those differences were interesting, but that was before bop.

Anyway I liked it, but my ideal (albeit unrealistic) only rule I would have for Le Mans would be road legal.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3368934)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
ACO set the rules, Porsche and Norbert Singer read them the best. Nothing stopped Toyota to follow the same route and have a streetlegal Group C monstre themselves.

Slightly reminds me of the following quote:
"What was I supposed to do? Call him for cheating better than me in front of the others?!"
from the following clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6Lz_3jlo0

Although Porsche didn't cheat of course, they just stretched the rules a little bit.

(as did Toyota in 1998 with their luggage space/fuel tank infringement.....)