Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Oct 2001, 16:28 (Ref:167439)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7up to sponsor Williams

[IMG]http://www.*******************/news/latest/7up01/tn_a0109ma00_jpg.jpg[/IMG]

7 up will sponsor Williams next year, so Pepsico is back in f1, will coke follow??

BTW: also take a look at the 7 up Jordan, one of the other sponsors on that car is OSAMA (?!?!?)
Old 30 Oct 2001, 16:42 (Ref:167442)   #2
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering for some tome when is something like this gonna happen, and I believe this might be one of the answers on what will be when the tobacco money is out.

And yes, I think Coca-cola will join soon, but I can't predict which one of their brands they are gonna use.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 19:28 (Ref:167522)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it means we could see something like that gorgeous 7Up Jordan colourscheme back in F1 - brilliant!

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk...extra1/e01.jpg

Old 30 Oct 2001, 20:04 (Ref:167554)   #4
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blue and White and now GREEN?? Next year's Willy is going to be a funny looking beast....
Old 30 Oct 2001, 20:25 (Ref:167569)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
7-Up is NOT going to appear on the car at all... this deal covers 'off track activities' only according to the press release.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 20:42 (Ref:167579)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
7-Up is NOT going to appear on the car at all... this deal covers 'off track activities' only according to the press release.

Thanks God, Craig !

I couldn't believe that nice livery white and blue could be added a 7up greenie thing !!
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:14 (Ref:167650)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Isn't the blue and white just a bit....well....dull?
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:20 (Ref:167655)   #8
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi

Thanks God, Craig !

I couldn't believe that nice livery white and blue could be added a 7up greenie thing !!
and red dots!!!!!!

BMW Williams will remain white and blue. Actually, I like them like that.

Last edited by facco; 30 Oct 2001 at 22:28.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:29 (Ref:167659)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly Coke will now follow. Don't forget the rumours surrounding their supposed sponsorship with Toyota. But perhaps they may court the services of Ferrari??

If Coke use the Lift brand, then they could sponsor Jordan.
Old 30 Oct 2001, 22:59 (Ref:167677)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Certainly Coke will now follow. Don't forget the rumours surrounding their supposed sponsorship with Toyota. But perhaps they may court the services of Ferrari??

If Coke use the Lift brand, then they could sponsor Jordan.
Coca-Cola and Microsoft could have a major breakthrough into F1 bussiness... what's wrong ?
Old 31 Oct 2001, 00:37 (Ref:167734)   #11
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do not forget that Formula Juan could easily get away with: 7Up yours little bro! if he ever needs to....LOL
Old 31 Oct 2001, 01:37 (Ref:167758)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, i have to say i like the colours of the Williams this year, a balanced mix of blue and white makes it look "upclass". Somehow, the top teams are not only better in their performance, but also in the liveries...look at this year's Minardi...its a mess.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 08:48 (Ref:167805)   #13
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having a sponsor such as Pepsico can only do good for the sport as it will mean Coca Cola will now have to get involved,with the widespread exposure F1 receives they're not going to allow their main opponent to have unopposed exposure like that.
Old 31 Oct 2001, 11:33 (Ref:167847)   #14
srinimax
Racer

srinimax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah it'd be fun if the smoke cleared and the cola gushed in. i'm sure coke'll aim for ferrari to compete (if they have to) against 7-UP's williams. and i'm sure they wouldnt pit the holier-than-thou coke brand to fight 7-up. it would be sprite i guess. sprite scuderia ferrari ! yikes !!
Old 31 Oct 2001, 12:23 (Ref:167859)   #15
DivineF1
Rookie

Cyprus
Nicosia, Cyprus
DivineF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing I know about Bin Laden and F1 has to do w/ Williams back in 1978, when one of their sponsors was Albilad... Osama's dad owned it. At firts it wasnt that important but later on Saudia and Albilad became large...Nevertheless, Osama's dad ,Mohamed, had nothing to do with terrorism (!)