Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jul 2003, 10:09 (Ref:650597)   #1
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bud. True

Ferrari were hoping that Budweiser were to take over their Marlboro sponsorship space, but it appears that Williams have pipped them to it.

According to today's Marketing Week the deal starts at Silverstone next week.

At $10M a year, it is not title sponsorship, but it is a definite coup for Williams to snare a potential Ferrari backer.

Bud. True!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 10:27 (Ref:650619)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great adverts, awful beer. Good luck to team Willy.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 10:27 (Ref:650620)   #3
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no .........................................

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Jul 2003, 10:32 (Ref:650627)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
no .........................................
no what?

anyway, King of beers my arse,
still less money for Ferrari more for williams, sounds OK.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 11:07 (Ref:650682)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Irritating adverts, awful dry tasteless American 'beer'. At elast the logo will look quite nice on teh side of the car.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 11:09 (Ref:650684)   #6
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coca-Cola and Ferrari must be making a deal, them or McDonald's I bet.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 11:10 (Ref:650687)   #7
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually McDonald's and Ferrari don't exactly go well together image-wise...so maybe not them...come to think of it for the same reason Ferrari and Bud don't exactly fit either

Last edited by TeddyG; 3 Jul 2003 at 11:12.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 11:54 (Ref:650747)   #8
billaboy
Rookie

billaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HEY! All you Budwiser bashers, although it's not my favorite.....It's better than than that thick black mud you call Guiness haha.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:08 (Ref:650768)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bud (swill to any beer lover) is hardly going to work with the BMW blue and white livery. I can't wait for the pics.

Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:23 (Ref:650788)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, looks like an awful mix, with BMW and HP.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:30 (Ref:650796)   #11
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by billaboy
HEY! All you Budwiser bashers, although it's not my favorite.....It's better than than that thick black mud you call Guiness haha.
What! What! Now there speaks a man that can't stand the taste of beer. Bud isn't beer, at least it doesn't taste of it. The original Budweiser, the Chec stuff, is a far superior drink. And Guinness - well that truly is the King of beers. Once the taste is acquired for that stuff there is no going back.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:32 (Ref:650799)   #12
billaboy
Rookie

Why....Bud's been in racing for years and years!!! Is everyone really worried about what the Williams is gonna look like who cares? This could be a really good move for Williams. Thats alot of money!!! I say way to go. Thats a great move.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:37 (Ref:650811)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
The original Budweiser, the Chec stuff
Actually all Czech beer is top quality.... The orriginal stuff is spelled with a double S, like in Budweisser..

D'uh... now I'm thirsty....
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:40 (Ref:650817)   #14
jonathanc
Racer

jonathanc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a good idea to get away from tobaco sponsorship..... but BUD!!! I agree unless BUD have rebranded the logo could clash.

Ive alway thought French Connection UK would be a good one, that way you could put

FCUK U!!!

on your rear wing, or back to front on your nose cone so the chap in front can read it in his mirrors
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:45 (Ref:650829)   #15
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how BMW feel about this since they have say on the Williams livery. Hence the cars are always Blue and white.
Bud red would clash with theyre corprate identity.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 12:49 (Ref:650842)   #16
billaboy
Rookie

I cant beleive you guys are arguing over how nice looking or how bad looking the Williams is gonna be. Who worries about a race car clashing? As long as it still goes fast and I'm sure it will who cares. I'm sure the "bud red" wont disturb the aerodynamics of the car!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 13:11 (Ref:650872)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by billaboy
I cant beleive you guys are arguing over how nice looking or how bad looking the Williams is gonna be. Who worries about a race car clashing? As long as it still goes fast and I'm sure it will who cares. I'm sure the "bud red" wont disturb the aerodynamics of the car!
Don't forget Jaguars green slowed them down because it was 'too heavy'.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 14:24 (Ref:650939)   #18
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like the American bud I think it should go back into the horse :-))).
Anyway, I used to work for a motorsports marketing company and we nearly put Coke on the Ferrari in 2001. Coke backed out and then we put them on Nordic. After that there was a management change and Coke is just not interested any more in European single seater racing. So I would be surprised if I saw them on any car.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 14:41 (Ref:650951)   #19
Stuart Malaske
Rookie

Stuart Malaske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe KRAFT will sponsor Ferrari. It makes sense to me. Marlboro and KRAFT are owned by the same parent company.
"Ferrari. It's the cheesiest!"
Old 3 Jul 2003, 14:52 (Ref:650955)   #20
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As billaboy said who cares? If it makes good business sense and they make more money I am sure they will get around the colors. Speed is way more important that having a unique color scheme.

As for beer, Bud is not beer. Its the stuff that we do a lot after drinking beer. Guinness aka. mothers milk, from a tap, is like Manna from heaven. The best American beer IMO is Sam Adams.

Last edited by neilap; 3 Jul 2003 at 14:53.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 14:53 (Ref:650956)   #21
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wanna see a VB Ferrari!
Old 3 Jul 2003, 14:55 (Ref:650957)   #22
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember Williams with Winfield livery? Bud won't be worse
What beer do you call good enough to be on Williams livery?
Guiness might be Jordan sponsor...
Old 3 Jul 2003, 15:12 (Ref:650973)   #23
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Malaske
Maybe KRAFT will sponsor Ferrari. It makes sense to me. Marlboro and KRAFT are owned by the same parent company.
"Ferrari. It's the cheesiest!"
Sorry, but that relationship dissolved a few years back. Because of the pressure to disassociate Marlboro from Philip Morris' other brands the company sold Kraft (and maybe the Miller Brewing Co.) to Nabisco, who was given the boot by R.J. Reynolds for the same reason. Philip Morris is no more; they changed their name to Altea Consumer Products or something.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 18:23 (Ref:651159)   #24
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, this is really good idea, just imagine: Silver coloured Coors Light McLaren-Mercedes!

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 3 Jul 2003, 18:31 (Ref:651175)   #25
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Silver Allows meets the Silver Bullet...I love it! Where can I sign?