Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica Signed With AGR........

this morning. Trust me.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1664352)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/29569/
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Jul 2006, 18:09 (Ref:1664357)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A surprising move. It's one up at the moment from the troubled Rahal, but they'll bounce back. To be honest, I don't think it's that wise a move...certainly not compared to Wheldon's perfectly timed Ganassi switch (though that was 90% luck, or greed rather).

Good luck to her though...

Bryan's seat no doubt.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1664365)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Owner
this morning. Trust me.
Yeah read that from Speed news I take it?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 18:17 (Ref:1664367)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So that'll be the AGR drivers for '07 then, down to three as Dario and Bryan >>> ALMS.

Marco, Tony and Danica....
Old 25 Jul 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1664382)   #6
Team Owner
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Yeah read that from Speed news I take it?

uh, no
Old 25 Jul 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1664393)   #7
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good to see you back, Team Owner....it has been a while...

Since Indy, IIRC....

Guess you've been busy

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Jul 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1664576)   #8
Team Owner
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Good to see you back, Team Owner....it has been a while...

Since Indy, IIRC....

Guess you've been busy
Very busy.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1665002)   #9
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be very interesting to compare Danica to well established drivers and proven race winners like Kanaan and Franchitti (and future race winners like Marco). I'm yet to be convinced she can consistently be at the sharp end, and agree that it's not necessarily a well-timed move. Then again though, maybe she knows something about Rahal's plans for next year that she's not talking about.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 18:10 (Ref:1665174)   #10
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Will be very interesting to compare Danica to well established drivers and proven race winners like Kanaan and Franchitti (and future race winners like Marco). I'm yet to be convinced she can consistently be at the sharp end, and agree that it's not necessarily a well-timed move. Then again though, maybe she knows something about Rahal's plans for next year that she's not talking about.
Best refer to the stunning news thread in Champcar forum.

Rahal being 50/50 about a Champcar move is probably quite a factor. Andretti money should be good, plus she gets to stay on ovals - as AGR are not likely to be moving over soon.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1665514)   #11
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Will be very interesting to compare Danica to well established drivers and proven race winners like Kanaan and Franchitti (and future race winners like Marco).
She has been the class of the Rahal team this year though, one of them an Indy 500 winner (albeit one of the worst, but none the less).

It's a pity that Franchitti and Herta won't be at AGR for her to beat though - Kanaan is probably a bit too good and Marco looks likely to continue improving. She's been running at about Franchitti's pace recently - despite being in a team that should be doing worse - I think she could beat him in the same team.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1670601)   #12
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish AGR good luck handling Danica.In my opinion,she's a spoiled brat who plays the blame game.Rahal's statements pretty much sums up the deal http://www.boston.com/sports/other_s...nt_be_greener/
Old 2 Aug 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1671079)   #13
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster
I wish AGR good luck handling Danica.In my opinion,she's a spoiled brat who plays the blame game.

That is hilarious, and 100% accurate. On track and off track I still don't see the big hype over her. I'm just glad she isn't coming over to Champ Car, that would make me nautious.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1671099)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yeah. Good points guys. ^^

I got to admit. Her temper tantrum at Michigan was entertainment.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1671619)   #15
Team Owner
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
Yeah. Good points guys. ^^

I got to admit. Her temper tantrum at Michigan was entertainment.

One week before Helio did the very same thing, wouldn't even talk to reporters and swore in Portugese but no one said a word about it. Danica shows some fiery spirit and it's called a temper tantrum. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1671624)   #16
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Me thinks team owner is Mr Andretti or Mr Green.

Last edited by luke; 2 Aug 2006 at 23:33.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1671700)   #17
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does everyone think that the hype about her is unnecessary? She was rookie of the year AND she is the first woman to lead at the Indy 500. Why wouldn't that create hype?? All i've been reading is "Danica doesn't deserve all this media coming after her" ...well i beg to differ for those two reasons. Someone give me a good reason why people shouldn't talk about her and then i'll consider it.

The only thing i don't find impressive is that Danica seems to only be moving to AGR because she thinks she can win. Just because she is switching to a different team means that that is going to happen. What if she has a car that is set up like Bryan Herta? She will be finding herself in the same exact place that she is right now.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1671830)   #18
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion,the hype is uncalled for because as far as I know,she hasn't won a race since her Go-Kart days.I may be wrong ,but I think her best was a podium finish in TA's(which is good),but hardly worth being bumped up to the big leagues. Marco's 500 finish was far more impresive to me than DP leading a lap because of pit strat. and he only got a fraction of the pub.I really believe she wants to win,but I don't think she has it.Now she's all POed because she's not winning.She was moved up to gain sponsor money as I see it,while some better drivers who may have deserved a shot got left out.I think she's in over her head and is being used as a cash generator,not as a winner.That's the way I see it,right or wrong.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1672227)   #19
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i still believe that this is the first time that a female has been successful in an open wheel racing series, so she gets the publicity by being the first female to lead the Indy 500 and by winning rookie of the year.
Marco did get publicity, but he didn't get a lot of publicity because there have been young rookies that have been impressive in the past. Montoya, Mansell, the list goes on. Marco Andretti is in a family of racing, and has been racing for several years because of it, and that's why him leading the Indy 500 isn't as big a deal as being the first woman to do it.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1672346)   #20
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Marco was in karts two years ago I believe from what I heard,
Old 3 Aug 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1672353)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd have to look it up, but I thought Marco was in Barber Dodge two years ago...I could've sworn he raced in Barber Dodge at Sebring in 2004

Old 3 Aug 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1672515)   #22
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I'd have to look it up, but I thought Marco was in Barber Dodge two years ago...I could've sworn he raced in Barber Dodge at Sebring in 2004
http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...7346&FS=BARBER

That's his announcement of joining the Barber National championship for 2004.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...3920&FS=BARBER

Final standings. Who's the winner?

edited to add

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...4&FS=STARMAZDA

Not bad last year either.

Last edited by paul-collins; 3 Aug 2006 at 20:43.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Aug 2006, 23:26 (Ref:1672682)   #23
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster
Marco's 500 finish was far more impresive to me than DP leading a lap because of pit strat. and he only got a fraction of the pub.
Marco only led the 500 because of pit-stop timing as well though - and if the race had gone on longer he would have fallen even further back with Wheldon, Kanaan and others on the hunt.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1674790)   #24
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I do agree that his pit stop and when the yellow came out was a significant break for Marco...

But he was in the hunt all day long, deejay....

Old 8 Aug 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1677974)   #25
Team Owner
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Marco only led the 500 because of pit-stop timing as well though - and if the race had gone on longer he would have fallen even further back with Wheldon, Kanaan and others on the hunt.

Same for Danica in 2005. She led because she didn't pit when the rest of the lead lap cars did towards the end of the race. She passed Wheldon on the front stretch because Wheldon had more fuel than she did.