Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Jan 2003, 01:45 (Ref:461341)   #1
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
series revamp idea

with the formula nippon and nissan 2000 series getting new cars it might be idea to bring one of these kind cars down under to bring up the formula holden or f4000 maybe put a spec v6 in the old nissan cars and v8s in the nippon to continue that ford vs chevy i mean holden battle sorry i'm from the states any thoughts on this ?
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:56 (Ref:461986)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The primary problem is that other than the 5 or 6 car owning members of the FH boys club, not too many people want to know about FH really, even though it has a Gold Star attached....

Below is a link for a FH car. I reckon if the likes of RALT Australia or Chris Hocking could get near as dammit to A$100k for each rolling chassis, they would be laughing

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/cars/d...?id=3127&cat=7
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jan 2003, 00:12 (Ref:462385)   #3
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After checking out the price of the other cars on that site, I'd have to say you'd have rocks in your head for contemplating the idea. A 98 model Lola will set you back over $50K by the time you land it here and thats a rough roller that would need another pile of dough spent on it. By the time you throw in a data system, engine (with fitting kit which you'll have to fab yourself) and assorted surprises you won't have much left out of $150K.

And it's still only a 98 model. With the F3 grid now filing up with 2001 model cars FHolden can only continue a backward slide in numbers and prestige.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 00:31 (Ref:462387)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 90D Reynard is whats on offer for A$100k.. there are more than a few of those not in use around Australia

A '98 Lola would surely be a better car than a high mileage Reynard?

Even so, the argument is that any spec chassis, or new engine or whatever will put costs on competitors in the class who barely scrape together sponsors to operate let alone reinvest their capital....
Old 3 Jan 2003, 01:17 (Ref:462409)   #5
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia needs 1 only wings and slicks Formula, it should be F3, using year old or more euro cars. Would like FHolden to have been successful but who are we kidding with it now. The Gold Star looks like a cheap drivers award now.
Old 3 Jan 2003, 01:54 (Ref:462425)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Especially as Paul Romano is likely to have the best car in the field in 2003, a Birrana prepared Reynard....
Old 4 Jan 2003, 06:22 (Ref:463341)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where will the Formula 3800s (FHolden) run in 2003?.

Cochrane says they aren't with the V8s anymore.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 06:42 (Ref:463346)   #8
Mr Squiggle
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Mr Squiggle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Birrana got out of FHolden to do Konica instead?

And what's all this about not running with AVESCO anymore?
Old 4 Jan 2003, 08:47 (Ref:463376)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
As part of the L1 sale to Dynamik, I understood that Paul was to receive an FH ride in 2003, in a Birrana prepared FH
Old 4 Jan 2003, 09:04 (Ref:463382)   #10
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean that FH are about to be inflicted with cars that suddenly and inexplicably turn into other cars????
Old 4 Jan 2003, 09:23 (Ref:463395)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I assume there is a speedway setup for FH RaceTime? cars only turn left... with no hands
Old 4 Jan 2003, 09:36 (Ref:463402)   #12
Accelerator
Rookie

Accelerator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say so, RaceTime. That's the way Formula CAMS, sorry, Formula 4000, is going.

For all of those who want F3 to get Gold Star status, I can't agree more. I don't want legendary names like Davison, Jones, Lukey, Stillwell, Bartlett, Stewart, Matich, Costanzo, Bowe et al being joined on the list of Gold Star champions by one P.Romano. <shudders>
Old 4 Jan 2003, 10:40 (Ref:463425)   #13
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only way P Romano would become the Gold Star Driver is if....oh hang on - there aren't that many cars in the series anyway.

I didn't think CAMS permitted one car races...

Oh silly me - of course they do - they just announced Formula 4000.75 (or whatever) is the Gold Star category for the next 3 years.

Think it is about time that CAMS took some reality tablets