Old 18 Jul 2001, 02:06 (Ref:118612)   #1
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari gets new test driver!

From DailyF1.com:

It has been reported that Ferrari is set to sign a new young test driver for 2002 to work alongside existing and experienced tester Luca Badoer.

Felipe Massa, the young Brazilian driver, has supposedly struck a chord with Maranello bosses after enjoying a halcyon run of results early in his career. He secured the 1999 Formula Chevrolet series in home country Brazil two years ago, and then in 2000 won both the European and Italian Formula Renault Championships.

This year he is faring particularly well with three wins from three attempts in the European 3000 series, and already looks a certainty for the Championship.

His management duo of Adriano Morini and Riccardo Tedeschi are believed to have been in contact with other teams apart from Ferrari, but Massa has expressed desire to drive for F1’s most famous marque.

Ferrari’s reasoning behind looking for new talent is believed to be an intention to add another dimension to the team’s relentless development push.

Has anyone heard of this guy? I know Autosprint ran a story about him last month. Don't know much about his career, just thought it was interesting. What happens to Badoer now?
Old 18 Jul 2001, 02:48 (Ref:118621)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Felipe Massa is brilliant, I certainly hope he ends up with a drive in Formula One one day. I will be able to say that I tipped a champion well before he made it to F1
Old 18 Jul 2001, 05:03 (Ref:118646)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
................................I will be able to say that I tipped a champion well before he made it to F1
You have now, but will you be proved right?
Old 18 Jul 2001, 07:20 (Ref:118680)   #4
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does this mean Luca is contracted for next year?
Old 18 Jul 2001, 07:46 (Ref:118687)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett

You have now, but will you be proved right?
I certianly hope so..
Old 18 Jul 2001, 11:44 (Ref:118765)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Ferrari gets new test driver!

Quote:
Originally posted by fastracer
Has anyone heard of this guy? I know Autosprint ran a story about him last month. Don't know much about his career, just thought it was interesting. What happens to Badoer now?
Autosprint??? I'm looking for these magazines. Here in Argentina there are too expensive (if comes) and now there aren't coming to the shops. I want to subscribe or found anybody who buy this magazine (no matter there are old issues of 2000 or early 2001), specially when he discard these issues.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 21:22 (Ref:119387)   #7
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
Felipe Massa is brilliant, I certainly hope he ends up with a drive in Formula One one day. I will be able to say that I tipped a champion well before he made it to F1
Massa was well considerated by several teams when he won the European F.Renault championship last year, but he finally decided to race with team Draco, a good election for him specially what that team is some devoted to Brazilian drivers. Massa replied so well to his team, winning three races in a row on the Euro F3000 championship and standing as the stronger candidate to be the Euro F3000 champion and secure the possible return of team Draco to the International F3000 (with him? Better if that happens). And now this info that Massa can be the new tester of Ferrari remarks his talent.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 21:49 (Ref:119408)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... I heard little about him.

Something like "this guy rocks" from a very experienced commentator, I think at French GP transmission... but not really sure.

I'll try to get some more info...
Old 20 Jul 2001, 13:21 (Ref:119658)   #9
grklein
Rookie

grklein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a link to a brazilian newspaper with an article about this:
http://www.estado.estadao.com.br/edi...20/esp011.html
You can use some webtranslator to read it.
Old 20 Jul 2001, 13:36 (Ref:119661)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he did a bit of testing for the Alfa Romeo ETC Touring Car team the other week.