Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Mar 2001, 17:20 (Ref:67617)   #1
GT2001
Rookie

GT2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

What will Simon Harrison be driving this year now that he won't be with JSM?? I heard a rumour that he would be driving a Super production Peugeot , butboth BTCP Peugeot teams , HTML and Techspeed have confirmed their line ups and I did not know there was going to be any other Peugeot teams?? Can anyone help??
Old 2 Mar 2001, 17:48 (Ref:67626)   #2
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been thinking exactly the same thing, GT. HTML have Roger Moen and Thomas Faraas, Techspeed have Paul O'Neal and Annie Templeton-where does that leave Harrison-there are know other Pug BTCP teams! He should have stayed w/GR MSport-or is that still an option? I know they've signed Matt Jackson-has Gordon Sheddon not come up w/any funds then? Harrison deserves a GOOD Drive!
Old 2 Mar 2001, 18:35 (Ref:67642)   #3
Racer

****** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think that Faraas has signed with HTML so perhaps Harrison has gone there. If thats right he should do quite well this year.
Old 2 Mar 2001, 19:12 (Ref:67653)   #4
hunttheshunt
Veteran

He should have stayed with the crack GR MSport team in a Focus. Has Gordon Shedden actually signed for GR or has the deal fell through?
Old 3 Mar 2001, 10:07 (Ref:67774)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Confirmed yesterday, Harrison has signed for HTML to drive a Peugeot 306 as teammate to Roger Moen. Should be interesting. The Pug was definately the car to have last year and there's little to choose between Harrison and Moen in terms of outright pace. Last year HTML got a lot of help from Peugeot, not sure what the situation is this time.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 10:40 (Ref:67783)   #6
hunttheshunt
Veteran

In the past week a lot of the 2001 BTCC has fallen into place. Well, in terms of drivers, anyway; Erdos to ABG, Pinkney and Malkin to JSM, Harrison to HTML, Pyper and Blair to GA-Janspeed, Jackson to GR etc. A lot of the rumours have now been settled and the 2001 BTCC can start in earnest. The big question left unanswered, though, is who is the fourth 888 driver? Once we know that, all of the big, important drives will have ben confirmed.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 15:32 (Ref:67835)   #7
Racer

Last year the HTML were assisted by Peugeot, however they didn't have the same equipment (engines etc), I believe that they have now got access to all the latest bits as they are no longer in competition with the works team. Harrison and Moen sould have a good chance this year.

As to the fourth Astra, Phil Bennett?
Old 3 Mar 2001, 18:11 (Ref:67856)   #8
AMJ
Rookie

AMJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Heard rumours linking Kelvin Burt to Vauxhall he has supposedly had a seat fitting and tested the Astra but not sure onn the accuracy. Also there is David Leslie. HTML have 2 of the best drivers in BTCP they should do well
Old 3 Mar 2001, 18:28 (Ref:67861)   #9
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Think you're right about HTML. We've heard almost nothing from them all winter, now they turn up with arguable the best car and 2 of the best drivers.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 18:53 (Ref:67867)   #10
Racer

They should do quite well this year, don't forget they were only set up last year so in year 2 they should go better.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 07:59 (Ref:68392)   #11
Simon Harrison
Rookie

Simon Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC

Hi, Simon Harrison here. I just thought that I would help out my friends at Ten-Tenths by giving you all the latest BTCC info. As of February 28th I have signed to drive a HTML Peugeot 306 in the Production Class of the BTCC. I enjoyed testing the JSM Alfa 147, but I feel the HTML drive is the best long term move and I have a realistic chance of winning the BTC Production championship. The competition will come from my team mate Roger Moen, the GR Focuses and the Barwell Honda Accords.

As far as I understand it Triple Eight will be running four cars, two for Muller and my old flat mate Plato, and two for James Thompson and new boy Phil Bennett who has previously races in Renault Spiders and a single National Saloon race last year. Phil has found considerable backing from a financial services company and that has secured him the drive.

Be loyal to Ten-Tenths, they do a top job and I look forward to reading all your comments - Simon.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 17:21 (Ref:68476)   #12
hunttheshunt
Veteran

You mean you don't think Kermit will be athreat in the Proton?! In all seriousness, however, thanks for joining us on ten-tenths and i think i speak on behalf of everbody here when i wish you good luck for the new season!
Old 5 Mar 2001, 18:29 (Ref:68510)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'd just like to reiterate what Mr Shunt said, Simon, thanks for joining us here and confirming what you have planned for 2001. The very best of luck to you, and don't be too scared when we stop by to say hello! :
Old 5 Mar 2001, 18:31 (Ref:68511)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

Welcome Simon. Good to see you get something sorted out at last. Hope you're going to be a regular visitor here.

hunt, Kermit's Proton is for sale in Autosport this week which I guess means he was unable to raise the development budget he needed. Expect to see him in a BMW in the International Special Car Series instead.
Old 5 Mar 2001, 20:55 (Ref:68590)   #15
GT2001
Rookie

GT2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Simon , good luck in the Peugeot...
Old 6 Mar 2001, 09:56 (Ref:68811)   #16
Foolsgold
Rookie

Foolsgold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Simon Harrison and Annie Templeton

Rumour has it that Simon once dated Annie Templeton a few years ago! should be interesting to see whether he attempts to make a pass(ing) on her on the track (sorry bad joke).

In all honesty, give Simon the right car he will win the Championship. He is quick, reliable and a "thinking" driver.

Good luck to Simon and the HTML team.
Old 6 Mar 2001, 12:31 (Ref:68843)   #17
Foolsgold
Rookie

Foolsgold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Simon Harrison and Annie Templeton

Apologies I stand corrected, Simon never dated Annie Templeton.

It was all a vicious rumour with no foundations at all.