Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 18 Nov 2013, 22:00 (Ref:3333314)   #26
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I ended up not going as the ST supports look great for the final so I am heading to that instead. Plus I had stuff to do at home.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3333386)   #27
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I ended up not going as the ST supports look great for the final so I am heading to that instead. Plus I had stuff to do at home.
What are the exciting support classes??
Old 19 Nov 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3333390)   #28
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
What are the exciting support classes??
The ones I wanted to see at TITP were Pre-65's and Central Muscle Cars, and both will be at the final ST round. Full package is:

BNT V8 SuperTourers, Cogent Challenge Cup, UDC V8 Utes, Winger Suzuki Swift Sport Cup, NZ Porsche Championship, Motul Honda Cup, Toyota Finance 86, Central Muscle Cars and Kumho Tyres Pre-65.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3333423)   #29
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
The ones I wanted to see at TITP were Pre-65's and Central Muscle Cars, and both will be at the final ST round. Full package is:

BNT V8 SuperTourers, Cogent Challenge Cup, UDC V8 Utes, Winger Suzuki Swift Sport Cup, NZ Porsche Championship, Motul Honda Cup, Toyota Finance 86, Central Muscle Cars and Kumho Tyres Pre-65.
I would think that's a much better line up than last weekend.

I can't seem to get my head around the Current Calendar at all. It does not make any sense to me. Every series seems to start at a different date/Circuit

You have the NZV8 Starting Mid November then a 2 month gap, Formula Ford starting the same weekend but at Timaru, (Even if somebody on here thought they had seen then at Pukekohe). The New Toyota Class starting at Highlands then ST weekend at Pukekohe and then not out until HD in early Feb. I would of thought Toyota would have wanted them along side TRS in the South Island in January, but there you go.

Then you may have V8ST on the card at Manfeild (NZGP meeting and April Puke V8SC round. My guess is NZV8 will get the boot from that one.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 03:42 (Ref:3333437)   #30
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as we are concerned, the season starts off after the winter break and finishes in Autumn.

For the Northern hemisphere, it is pretty much the same - but their winters are longer...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3333448)   #31
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
As far as we are concerned, the season starts off after the winter break and finishes in Autumn.

For the Northern hemisphere, it is pretty much the same - but their winters are longer...
And colder - unless you live in the south island...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3333456)   #32
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They used to run a Boxing day meeting at Brands Hatch! Jack Brabham appeared one year dressed as Santa Claus and with a walking stick.

I also seem to remember a load of GP drivers in Minis and Graham Hill organising it so that they all started off in reverse... (It was televised too.)
Old 19 Nov 2013, 06:44 (Ref:3333469)   #33
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
Then you may have V8ST on the card at Manfeild (NZGP meeting and April Puke V8SC round. My guess is NZV8 will get the boot from that one.
I mentioned that as a possibility on Facebook, but was then promptly shot down in a ball of flame by Amanda Tollemache from MSNZ - so I think we may see the pair racing simultaneously at the V8SC round.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3333473)   #34
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
I mentioned that as a possibility on Facebook, but was then promptly shot down in a ball of flame by Amanda Tollemache from MSNZ - so I think we may see the pair racing simultaneously at the V8SC round.
That will depend...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3333491)   #35
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HProject View Post
So time will tell who survives till April 2014 then
Old 19 Nov 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3333626)   #36
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
About 11 months here...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:42 (Ref:3333874)   #37
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Sunny NZ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
About 11 months here...
When are you over here Woolley? Currently -1c in Nottingham (9pm) and +18c here - and overcast at 10am...
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:48 (Ref:3333876)   #38
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
When are you over here Woolley? Currently -1c in Nottingham (9pm) and +18c here - and overcast at 10am...
And as long as you're in Auckland or north, it's not much different in the winter either
Old 21 Nov 2013, 00:19 (Ref:3334560)   #39
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Couple of months yet, trusting it will be nice and warm by the time I get there.
Old 22 Nov 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3335079)   #40
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Great report HP, and I look forward to your pics when you get the 'all clear'
Did somebody say....pics...?

Had a dog of a time with my main camera. It was fine for pit-lane stuff, but it kept dilly-dallying when it came to the on-track stuff. On the Sunday afternoon, it just decided to screen an error message and shut down - much to my 'delight'.

A friend then suggested I remove the third-party battery grip I purchased for it a few months ago... And as soon as I did it started to work faultlessly. Gaaaah.

Anyway.

Cars:

People/Arty farty bull****:

For my full set (yes, there's more ), they're on the Thunder in the Park Facebook page for individual albums for each day - Friday, Saturday and Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/ThunderInThePark
Old 24 Nov 2013, 04:26 (Ref:3335884)   #41
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mmmmmm!! What a Porsche!!
Old 24 Nov 2013, 04:53 (Ref:3335886)   #42
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent pics HP
Old 25 Nov 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3336300)   #43
eskymsport
Rookie

eskymsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmmmmm!! What a Porsche!![/QUOTE]

just because it has a porsche motor and box, does it make it a porsche???
Old 25 Nov 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3336383)   #44
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had A look at the Thunder in the park show on TV sunday. As Bob McMurray said on the radio last week, it was a very sad turn out for the thunder in the park event. Sadly it looked like no one was there at all.

I would have come if I was told Clint Brown is going to get run over by one of those old nzv8s. Maybe Clint could have out run one or two of them for a lap. That's an hour I will never get back.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3336639)   #45
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Had A look at the Thunder in the park show on TV sunday. As Bob McMurray said on the radio last week, it was a very sad turn out for the thunder in the park event. Sadly it looked like no one was there at all.

I would have come if I was told Clint Brown is going to get run over by one of those old nzv8s. Maybe Clint could have out run one or two of them for a lap. That's an hour I will never get back.
I haven't seen the tv coverage - and I'm not quite sure what Bob McMurray was on about, he certainly didn't speak with any of the organising committee - or walk through the car parks on Sunday.

Can say that the team are pretty pleased with the event, given the year off and the move from the traditional date. We'll build on this for 2014.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3336641)   #46
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well the missus and i will be going again next year, some great racing especially the Porsche and handicap racing..... Crowd looked ok to me.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3336696)   #47
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be back as well.
Be good to see more car clubs making a day of it.
Old 25 Nov 2013, 22:30 (Ref:3336739)   #48
Racetroll
Rookie

Racetroll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
We will be back as well.
Be good to see more car clubs making a day of it.

We'd love to see them back too. Unfortunatley, the team had 45 days when it took on the event, longer lead time means we can talk to the car clubs in time for them to get it in newsletters and coordinated.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 02:58 (Ref:3336818)   #49
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair call, but most clubs have a pretty good email link with members, so the word can get out pretty quick.
Bigger and better next year.
Old 26 Nov 2013, 06:31 (Ref:3336838)   #50
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetroll View Post

Can say that the team are pretty pleased with the event, given the year off and the move from the traditional date. We'll build on this for 2014.

Who is the team?