Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Feb 2018, 09:24 (Ref:3801214)   #2126
one_day
Rookie

one_day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I wish
It's Malcolm yes?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3801220)   #2127
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
You probably have a contract with your employer but would negotiate walking away if a better offer came along
Do they want a driver who doesn't really want to be there?

Bottas had a contract with Williams a couple of years ago but it was negotiated for him to leave and move up the ladder joining Mercedes when one of the big names left F1, maybe this is much like the situation we are in now?

...stranger things have happened my friend
Fair point I guess it would depend on "the deal" you are absolutely right it seemed to be a done deal a week ago but not so much now according to local chatter
Old 14 Feb 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3801221)   #2128
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_day View Post
It's Malcolm yes?
Eh?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3801224)   #2129
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Right, this Dynamics twatter countdown mallarkey: for those not watching (i.e. with a life!), every two days an old motor is shown, getting one year newer each time. So the 2015 car on the 11th, the 2016 car today. If the pattern continues then this years motor will reveal on Saturday 17th...

Sight of a Knockhill sticker would suggest a talented young Scotsman...
The new car will be Monday, not Saturday.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 09:52 (Ref:3801227)   #2130
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any Super GT clashes?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3801233)   #2131
one_day
Rookie

one_day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eh?
Your name......
Old 14 Feb 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3801239)   #2132
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_day View Post
Your name......
? are you stalker?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3801255)   #2133
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An announcement coming at middday apparently, about a car piloted by a Scot last season...
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3801257)   #2134
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
The new car will be Monday, not Saturday.
It's still not quite ready then? 😉
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3801259)   #2135
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
An announcement coming at middday apparently, about a car piloted by a Scot last season...
So Merc no. 3 or Motorbase Focus no. 3. It ain't Dynamics and I can't think of any more cars piloted by Scots last year that aren't announced... (obviously I could have forgotten one!) 😀
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3801262)   #2136
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Except Jackson has a contract with Motorbase...
Just ask Maximum Motorsport about having drivers on contract (Cook).

Or even TD themselves with Shedden in 2009?

Drivers don't usually change team until into the season, but it can happen before a season starts....
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3801263)   #2137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
So Motorbase announcing who will be in their 3rd car - preempting the Jackson release tomorrow?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3801265)   #2138
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by various cryptic Twitter posts, Cammish has got the Honda drive!
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3801266)   #2139
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think it'll be a shame if Mat Jackson leaves Motorbase, they've both been very loyal to each other over the years.
Last year the team appeared to experiment with one top driver, a potential young hotshoe and a money man, and it didn't really work.
This years lineup (including Mat) looks formidably strong, but I suppose for Motorbase, it does mean that if Mat is jumping ship, they still have two top drivers in the team. (I also hope that id he does leave, both Tordoff and Chilton outscore him!)
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3801267)   #2140
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I really hope that's the case. The BMW's would probably suit him better - but what a great opportunity for him within one of the paddock's premier teams.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 11:56 (Ref:3801268)   #2141
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So Motorbase announcing who will be in their 3rd car - preempting the Jackson release tomorrow?
Will that be a Bartie Size 10 up the bottom or an ACME Catapult aimed for the roller shutter door?

I do hope not, Jackson fits in well at Motorbase. Plus I will have to eat another hat! 🙄
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3801270)   #2142
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
moffat sticking with his merc and laser tools
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:04 (Ref:3801271)   #2143
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it's not Moffat in the Honda...

http://www.btcc.net/2018/02/14/aiden...btcc-campaign/
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3801272)   #2144
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Moffatt had a bit of breakthrough last year - goodness, the BTCC grid is rammed with quality this year.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3801278)   #2145
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
No news then! Will be good to see Aidan continue to develop as a driver; no reason why he and stable mate Adam Morgan shouldn't be at the sharp end... the car is good, as evidently are the guys who run it.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 13:16 (Ref:3801283)   #2146
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
No news then! Will be good to see Aidan continue to develop as a driver; no reason why he and stable mate Adam Morgan shouldn't be at the sharp end... the car is good, as evidently are the guys who run it.
The release makes no mention of the car being run out of the Ciceley garage as last year, so I don't see Morgan and Moffat being stable mates.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3801285)   #2147
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
This would be amazing.

Great to see Moffat continue with the Mercedes too... and thankfully not an MG...!
Old 14 Feb 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3801287)   #2148
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
The release makes no mention of the car being run out of the Ciceley garage as last year, so I don't see Morgan and Moffat being stable mates.
The car was located in the Ciceley shop as recently as last week. I have very little reason to believe it will be/ has been relocating(ed). The lack of a Ciceley mention is not surprising; why would a press release from Laser Tools Racing feel the need to promote others?
Old 14 Feb 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3801294)   #2149
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad to see Aiden back, he really deserved his two wins last season. So the second Dynamics seat is set to be announced tomorrow, about time too, I think we've waited long enough
Old 14 Feb 2018, 16:22 (Ref:3801307)   #2150
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
looks like Dan Cammish is "liking" all the "are you going to team dynamics" type tweets so I think we can safely say thats a done deal now