Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1719515)   #1
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warning!!!

Watch out for this guy at a track near you, take my advice, go home!!!!
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...41006c3234.htm
Old 25 Sep 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1719646)   #2
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What amazed me was how close the cars are allowed to ge to each other. Mind you it is a long time since I have done a Track.

I can remember when we used to have saloons & single seaters on tests days so I suppose it shouldn't suprise me.
Old 6 Oct 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1729880)   #3
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Gimps? Well, er, they drive like a load of Gimps!

Thats appaling, I actually thought it was a rear wheel drive car they were driving until I discovered it was a rubbish Cavalier! The track days I've spectated for were never competitive like that, the attitude of the drivers is summed up by calling the sessions "races". There were cones showing the best line through the bends, how could you race someone with them there?
Old 27 Oct 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1751018)   #4
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
video seems to have gone
Old 30 Oct 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1753902)   #5
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably because the owner of the video couldn't hack any more people telling him how rubbish he was?
Old 31 Oct 2006, 05:46 (Ref:1754072)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone fill us in on what we missed?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Nov 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1755350)   #7
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I want to see the video too! Some of the comments made are awesome in their variety of swearing, many phrases I had never even heard before! Amazing. I just wish I coudl see what all the fuss is about!

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1755636)   #8
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The caption that has replaced the video says enough.
and this comment puts it even better
Quote:
You have a total disrespect for the other track users and if I was on the track and you were risking my car with your idiotic driving then I would have you thrown off.
The video was nothing more than a couple of boy racers who took their beat up old Cavalier to a Knockhill track day, and were a danger to other decent entry fee paying track day'ers.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1759289)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...46feafd142.htm

... say no more

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1759375)   #10
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone know if he was thrown out of this track day?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1759387)   #11
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's disgraceful, he shouldn't be allowed to ever do another track day, he was putting himself and others in danger deliberately, and that has no place anywhere, especially racing circuits.
Old 8 Nov 2006, 08:08 (Ref:1760592)   #12
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be the worst driving i have ever seen!!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 8 Nov 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1760790)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That driving is appalling. That person should be lucky he didn't kill himself or anyone else there. That is a ****ing disgrace.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Nov 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1760802)   #14
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess he's watched BTCC and now wants to emulate it...

I like the bit where after all the throwing it around the Morris Minor Van cruises by up the straight..

RT
Old 8 Nov 2006, 12:58 (Ref:1760856)   #15
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a Grade A pillock.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1773573)   #16
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the guys a dick but he does have a certain amount of car control but i will say again the guys a dick and should have been band told to go home
Old 26 Nov 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1775438)   #17
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Car control? He lost it in the same place several times!
Old 26 Nov 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1775442)   #18
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a nice video of the Ferrari F2003GA though at Knockhill on the same page:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...c9b5b3d02b.htm

Old 9 Mar 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2147424)   #19
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Stix tries to keep me from doing something stupid
Obviously not hard enough, the bell end still posted the video.

Mick
Old 13 Mar 2008, 07:53 (Ref:2150561)   #20
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Maybe I was seeing things but was that a moggie thou van that quickly got by the idiot !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Mar 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2153565)   #21
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This shows the major fault with track days.I go racing and I have to do an ARDS course,get a medical ,have my car scrutinered,go to a drivers briefing,wear fireproof overalls,a legal helmet ,full harness and am being watched by clerks,marshalls and observers if i drove like that I would be banned from racing yet you can stroll up at a track day with an unsafe piece of **** or something with mega power and just have a go on a circuit you dont know it is crazy at least when I race the other people around me are safe and not ******

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 26 Mar 2008 at 15:26.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2153669)   #22
vjay48
Racer

vjay48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i did my first track day a couple of weeks ago,hooligan driving is the result of lax marshalling by the organisers, i used to race years ago and thought it would be fun to re-visit the circuits i raced on. I felt very safe on the circuit with race cars,my car is a stock hatch fiesta,but there does seem to be a bred of dedicated track day car,a stripped road car driven by driver who carries a passenger to wind her up and egg him on. While on a lap going into russell bend i slowed down because a spun car was stopped in the corner.one of the above apprentice doom brains in a golf gti egged on my his mate decided this was his his best overtaking chance. I noticed the inside of the car was ironed up with scaffolding poles?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2153745)   #23
mig
Racer

England
Kent where the hops and Hondas are from
mig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did a track day at combe a few years back and would never do another one yellow flags were shown for a car off at quarry and slippery flags out I slowed down as you do and the amount of cars off on the next lap was stunning.Iam sure that the majority of people use track days as they are intended the oppertunity to drive on a circuit at speed in safety but then there are the idiots who think they are race drivers and are seaching for lap times but have not got a clue I wonder how long it will be before someone dies or gets hurt on a track day.What stops ,in theory, a 17 year old who has just past his test and has not got a clue jumping in a supercar and having a go with no experence.crazy
Old 17 Mar 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2154449)   #24
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I marshal at track days at a circuit near my home, and we had these sort of people compe to one (okay, all of the days) but at one particular one, a guy managed to roll his Co'rolly'a. All the hoon's settled down that day, after seeing how sensibly he was driving when he rolled. They went straight back to old habits at the very next day however.

Mick
Old 25 Mar 2008, 01:55 (Ref:2160797)   #25
Dan_Q
Rookie

England
NW England
Dan_Q should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats frightening.

i've never driven on a track day, but have passengered on many- organised by the honda club. I've never seen any particularly bad driving, just goes to show if you go out on track with club members who you know then they all have respect for eachother.

i'll stick to track day based sprinting thanks very much!