Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4060120)   #251
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
RE lack of rear wing, does it need one? There’s only a certain number you’re allowed to make in the regs. If you can generate that number elsewhere on the car, in theory, surely it doesn’t make a difference whether you have a rear wing or not?
difficult to say without much data, rear wing creates rear downforce and is very important to give a whole aero balance to the car...

guess a racing car could drop off rear wing only if diffuser generates an insane amount of downforce and the car is literally sticked to the ground...
look what happened when sometimes in F1 DRS was stuck open and the unaware driver tried to run through the corner...
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4060121)   #252
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Those pics are not loading for me. Rehosted:

Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:36 (Ref:4060123)   #253
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Erm well its different
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4060124)   #254
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for reposting deggis!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4060125)   #255
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Aha, someone finally caught up https://twitter.com/peugeotsport/sta...462984196?s=20

How many wags like me will be pointing out that it won't be able to pass the 908?

as suspected by yesterday teaser, the car has some kind of ducktail spoiler...
9X8 could beat a 908HDi only on trailers
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4060126)   #256
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. No rear wing. Interesting.

By the time it hits the track in anger still no rear wing? Looks like that is the intention.

Several fins to make up for it
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4060129)   #257
canaglia
Veteran

so at the end it was just a reveal trailer?
life can go on now
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4060131)   #258
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...etail-54610475

Lots of images inside the cockpit here at the bottom.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4060133)   #259
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like it.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4060137)   #260
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm. I guess it's mother thinks it's pretty.....

It's different, which is good, but attractive it isn't, IMO. I'll reserve my thoughts until I see it pounding around a track.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4060140)   #261
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best car ever for the Sports 1000 championship. The people from the 750 motorclub will be very happy
Old 6 Jul 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4060142)   #262
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpcm6OUPcdc

Old 6 Jul 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4060144)   #263
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sick interior..... oh wait, no, someone's been sick in it.......
Old 6 Jul 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4060145)   #264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hmmm. I guess it's mother thinks it's pretty.....

It's different, which is good, but attractive it isn't, IMO. I'll reserve my thoughts until I see it pounding around a track.
I have trouble judging proportions at times from pictures. This appears to be a little blocky and has a large frontal area perhaps? It reminds me a bit of the Nissan LMP1 at the front.

Overall I like it, and am really glad to see somebody try something less traditional with their hypercar design.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4060146)   #265
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
According to DSC, it is not necessarily a forgone conclusion that the car will race at Le Mans '22, which puts a slight dampener on the announcement.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-on-track.html
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:02 (Ref:4060147)   #266
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
According to DSC, it is not necessarily a forgone conclusion that the car will race at Le Mans '22, which puts a slight dampener on the announcement.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-on-track.html
that is completely understandable though, just like we have seen with other efforts, you want to make sure the car is where it needs to be before you go homologating parts you can't later alter.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4060148)   #267
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
that is completely understandable though, just like we have seen with other efforts, you want to make sure the car is where it needs to be before you go homologating parts you can't later alter.
While I do agree, it's a little unusual to unveil what looks like a finished car that may not do its big race for another two years!
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4060151)   #268
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it, its closest so far to what i thought a Hypercar would look like. OK so front is a little strange, reminds me a little of a cross between the Hydrogen car and the Red Bull Valkyrie that appeared a couple of years ago, but side on i really like it.

The rumour that they might not run at Le Mans is disappointing, even if it proved troublesome the experience gained would be worthwhile. IMHO.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4060152)   #269
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
While I do agree, it's a little unusual to unveil what looks like a finished car that may not do its big race for another two years!
Fair enough, but in one of the stories/pr pieces this morning they mentioned that their battery was in the "planning stages" so while the aero concept and chassis may be designed and developed, parts of the drivetrain are still being worked out.

They also mentioned that they hope to be on track by the end of this year, so i guess that is nearly 6 months from now to the powertrain sorted.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4060153)   #270
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Hm. It appears to be very divisive. I think it's infinitely better looking than the awkward and unadventurous Toyota, if anything, simply because it's bold and interesting! But I wouldn't call the 9X8 classically beautiful. But then, we have the Glickenhaus 007 LMH for that!

I hope this pushes Toyota to come up with a more striking livery for 2022. Between this and the Glickenhaus they just look a bit boring, neither classic nor futuristic.

It's announced the Peugeot begins testing in December, the same time as the Porsche LMDh. So Porsche is taking well over a year to get a very conventional car ready, Peugeot is supposed to ready their LMH in less than half that time. Tall order...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
The rumour that they might not run at Le Mans is disappointing, even if it proved troublesome the experience gained would be worthwhile. IMHO.
It would be under LMP1 regulations which allowed to fix the source of the aforementioned troubles. In LMH they're stuck for 5 years with what they have in race 1.

Last edited by Pandamasque; 6 Jul 2021 at 14:42.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:39 (Ref:4060155)   #271
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post

I hope this pushes Toyota to come up with a more striking livery for 2022. Between this and the Glickenhaus they just look a bit boring, neither classic nor futuristic.
Agreed. On a casual glance the Toyota just looks like any other Toyota prototype from the last few years. The corporate and unchanging red, white and black has become really dull.

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if it makes it to LM next year. I'm sure Peugeot will want to do it if they possibly can.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4060158)   #272
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
WEC are stating: “Two Peugeot 9X8s will contest next year's FIA WEC.”

Technically that is true if they run just one race, but it sure implies a season, which would start in March at Sebring. Feels a tad optimistic…

I like it because it looks different to the Toyota and Glickenhaus. Three very distinctive cars, which is very welcome in an era of spec LMP 2 & 3.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4060160)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, with the Glick and now the Pug, it's a decent start, isn't it?
Old 6 Jul 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4060161)   #274
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Agreed. On a casual glance the Toyota just looks like any other Toyota prototype from the last few years. The corporate and unchanging red, white and black has become really dull.
I totally get the corporate colour choice, but they could have done so much better with the same colours. Not to mention that the colour layout could be reversed between the two cars, like
Corvette used to a little over do a decade ago. The layout is just so incongruous and does nothing to improve the way the shapes are perceived. Reminds of a white puppy with one red eye and ear, except not as cute Even just blindly copying the red-white TS010 would be an improvement.

While we're on the subject of liveries, do you think ByKolles will sue Peugeot for stealing their colours?

Last edited by Pandamasque; 6 Jul 2021 at 15:22.
Old 6 Jul 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4060170)   #275
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to steal things from fictional racing cars