Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1095176)   #1
jcz
Rookie

jcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Factory Lister Storm GT

Do you know if will compete factory car Lister Storm GT in remain FIA GT races and what will be in next year with Lister team? Will racing in FIA GT and LMES ?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1095231)   #2
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No more black beauties this year, but Laurence Pearce is working on a deal for next year and, according to Fiona Pearce, things look promising.
It will be FIA GT if the team manages to sort the ££££'s out.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 18:20 (Ref:1095486)   #3
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't they do a deal with Creation for that 2004 Lister storm? I can't see the Lister factory being able to pay a lot of attention to an FIA GT entry when running two LMP's (they gonna build a new one aren't they?).
Old 14 Sep 2004, 06:34 (Ref:1095938)   #4
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation did look at that with great interest ,rest assured.But the new car never showed a real performance advantage when it was out there so things got more and more unlikely .I feel Lister just has not the funds available to support the development of the storm any longer and put their eggs in the LMP basket.
Without Pearce investing in the future of the GT Storm Creation just had no other option as to put the cars on sale.How could a small team of dedicated people hope to
compete against all those works developed things coming
out of the woodwork....they do the sensible thing and get hold of some competitive equipment they can rely on.
at least this is my impression.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1096352)   #5
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 2004 spec car ran once - hockenheim practice. Pat Pearce blew the engine so it qualified and raced with a 2003 spec motor.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1096363)   #6
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
her we are,and it went up in smoke..I did not say anything different.
The updates did maybe not have the chance to prove their worth but Creation cannot be blamed for not jumping on that boat ...
Old 18 Sep 2004, 16:28 (Ref:1100239)   #7
MorganFan
Rookie

MorganFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Creation have two Storms up for sale in Autosport at the moment....is that them looking for something else, or maybe as suggested they'll be running the newer versions of the car.

I wonder how long before Lister either focuses on just the LMP or starts running a porsche/ferrari etc in FIA GT? The Storm can't have much life left in it, and I did see some posts on the Lister forums basically saying that they would not be financially able to develop another car like the Storm when it reaches the end of it's life.

I really admire the way Lister battle on, they're a proper engineering-led team, and they do a good job on what I understand is a pretty meagre budget, but they never seem to get much support from any where, and all I ever read is about so-and-so driver having left the team due to some personal or financial differences.

Panoz having seemingly checked out of the prototype fold, the Storm LMP is now officially my favourite LMP, sounds like a proper racing car should, and hopefully has some potential still to be realised.
Old 19 Sep 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1100782)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Creation have been linked to a pair of ex-works Chevys, provided the C5-R is homologated with the FIA.

I agree that Lister have much to be admired about them (though, on a personal level, I've never really warmed to them), but MorganFan is, I think, right to suggest that the Storm GT t be on its last legs by now. The 2004-spec car never got a proper run-out, but with the GT Championship increasingly being dominated by Saleen, Maserati, Lamborghini and Aston Martin on the horizon, I think the Storm GT will fade along with the Viper and other cars of that generation. I think even the Ferrari 550 might start to struggle in the next couple of years.
Old 20 Sep 2004, 05:12 (Ref:1101605)   #9
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
I don´t think so ,from a point of potential.With the Fia
Regulations the possible advantages of the new cars are minor and you could always see the times of the Lister or the Viper where not bad compared to the new cars.
In fact ,I´d say this is more a matter of the drivers/setups.Where the new cars should score is in terms of tyre management as they should be able to extract more laps at good speed out of every set of new rubber.Hardly a thing that could not be adressed.
But if there´s nobody out there to supply the hardware to keep the cars on topnotch preparation the cost of running the thing will eat you up.Looking under the skin of a Oreca Viper or the storm it is just incredible how much high class fabrication is done on these cars,so this is definitely beyond a small outfit and this is the reason for the loss of these cars being inevitable.