Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 15 Jan 2000, 22:04 (Ref:10581)   #1
Simon Davies
Rookie

Simon Davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have an ex special saloon car with a rover V8 engine it was used by a chap called Scholey maybe you guys have heard of him? Anyway my question is Rover V8 group `a` valve gear using Volvo rocker and large 22mm shafts (solid lifters) Can anyone tell me which adjusters are used and which push rods? The standard Volvo adjusters look fine if used with the Volvo144 push rods, these being the same length as the standard V8 push rods, I have heard that 1600 Xflow push rods are used with 105e anglia adjusters, although the 1600 x flow push rods are approx half an inch shorter. can anyone help us with this or suggest someone who can?
Old 16 Jan 2000, 00:01 (Ref:10582)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would probally be better off posting this in the tech forum? I shall move it for you.
Old 16 Jan 2000, 19:58 (Ref:10583)   #3
Graham
Veteran

Graham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi,

This is a company that's mentioned by TVR owners every once in a while. The company is dedicated to building/ repairing Rover V8s. They might be worth a shot:

RPI Engineering
http://www.rpiv8.com/
Old 17 Jan 2000, 18:55 (Ref:10584)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You could try Boxbridge Engineering. 01926 484140. Ask for Ken Clarke and tell him I sent U. He used to work for TWR.
Old 19 Jan 2000, 01:44 (Ref:10585)   #5
Simon Davies
Rookie

Simon Davies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the help guys. I thought I was in the technical section i`m new to forums so will get the hang of it if you think this question needs moving be my guest. Any more info would be great. Simon
Old 19 Jan 2000, 07:42 (Ref:10586)   #6
bernie
Rookie

bernie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have built a few of these Rover engines for a class of racing down here (NZ) that requires no more than 240 cu in. With the valve spring pressures used today i beleive the solid type pushrod is a weak link, we have bent and broken many, and when this happens it usually takes out a cam lobe. We cured this problem by fabricating our own rocker arms and adjusters, this way we could use a hollow pushrod, they are much stronger and available in verious lenghts. The added benifit was we can fabricate our own rocker ratios and we can block the oil to the cylinder heads off at the block deck and bring the valve train oil up via the hollow pushrod. To date no failures and these engines turn 8200 RPM
Old 23 Jan 2000, 17:51 (Ref:10587)   #7
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could try JE Engineering in Coventry. They have huge experience with this engine and have even had a few entries in the Paris-Dakar in the '80's. A friend of mine who works at Land Rover tried out one of thier vehicles and said the engine was very good indeed.