Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3828060)   #2326
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#23 finally made it's way to the technical checkpoint...

This year they've opted for full-on French broadcast from Bruno, without the awkward english transcript on the background... which may or may not be a good thing. Obviously some of the stage intervews will be in english if not native french speakers though

edit: the translator has returned
edit2: and the folks from pre-test day coverage

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jun 2018 at 12:44.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3828074)   #2327
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love when the stream goes to random local french commercials mid-interview

I do like how this year they show more of the scrutineering process itself, and the interviews are more in the background in sound

Wonderful optimism from Jota/JCDC... "and who knows maybe even overall honors this year"

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jun 2018 at 13:31.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3828082)   #2328
Deleted
Veteran

Now they jump cut away from interview (Ginetta) for another interview (Lapierre)

I mean I get it but how about taping it and showing it between the interviews instead of interrupting interview already in process

Guess you can't complain too much for free stream and also it's not as bad as in the coverage for pre- Test Day, but still. It feels like common sense
Old 12 Jun 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3828707)   #2329
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.lemansclassic.com/wp-cont...-gel-entry.pdf

Okay this is for the Classic but C'MON I wish the Legends support race still existed for 24 Hours and we saw grid like this for the semi modern cars!!!!! The doom for that race was rotation of same two eras grinded to death for years and years but this would have been exciting to look at

This 'demonstration' even has Stephane Ratel himself with (ex-JLOC???? who knows) Lambo GT1
Old 12 Jun 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3828730)   #2330
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

Okay this is for the Classic but C'MON I wish the Legends support race still existed for 24 Hours and we saw grid like this for the semi modern cars!!!!! The doom for that race was rotation of same two eras grinded to death for years and years but this would have been exciting to look at

This 'demonstration' even has Stephane Ratel himself with (ex-JLOC???? who knows) Lambo GT1
It will be very exciting!! Le Mans Classic is very exciting itself but with that show...................No words!!
Old 12 Jun 2018, 20:42 (Ref:3828733)   #2331
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh my goodness! If they had that field for a support race at the main event, I'd be in heaven..... There's a GT-One on that list!!! And I have to watch a field of Astons instead...….
Old 13 Jun 2018, 07:18 (Ref:3828802)   #2332
Deleted
Veteran

Mind you even if the Legends race still existed I don't think they'd allow Stephane Ratel in the LM24 paddock proper because of the old fractions and that he's no longer shareholder in the LMS.

Anyway it's kind of a surprising he's managed to collect a field of this size considering most of his 500 former revival series have gathered grids of 5-10 cars, including him in a Venturi or something. So congrats for that. If that wil still be the case after Classic is another thing, but still

edit: It seems that this is actually Patrick Peter thing (also ex LMS of course), but I would be shocked if Ratel didn't have his finger there somewhere

Last edited by Deleted; 13 Jun 2018 at 07:23.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3829077)   #2333
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

More likely to be a Reiter?
Old 14 Jun 2018, 08:18 (Ref:3829219)   #2334
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last year I checked if the pitlane was open on teusday, well it was if you had a pitwalkticket. This year I didn't bother to check and found out it was open whole day to everybody...... Hmmmmmmmmmm. No communication found from ACO damn. Lesson learned, always check.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3829223)   #2335
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a shame. We just walked in with no-one on the gate. Although they seemed to be marshalling there later in the afternoon.
Old 20 Jun 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3832190)   #2336
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Came home from Le Mans to find my Silverstone WEC tickets had arrived. Perfect timing
Old 20 Jun 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3832191)   #2337
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Came home from Le Mans to find my Silverstone WEC tickets had arrived. Perfect timing
See you there, ordered mine on monday using the RLM10 code they kept plugging on radio le mans,
Old 21 Jun 2018, 06:37 (Ref:3832262)   #2338
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
See you there, ordered mine on monday using the RLM10 code they kept plugging on radio le mans,
Wish I'd waited now, was too eager to get one especially as there is usually a discount code in the lead up to the race
Old 21 Jun 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3832272)   #2339
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I bought mine the day they went on sale. Just like booking my hotel room the day the dates were announced. It's something I just can't resist.......
Old 21 Jun 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3832304)   #2340
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Tickets turned up yesterday
Old 21 Jun 2018, 11:51 (Ref:3832308)   #2341
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Order my tickets today, plus a room at the exotic Ramada Milton Keynes (which seems to be located at the Newport Pagnell motorway services).
Old 21 Jun 2018, 16:32 (Ref:3832357)   #2342
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Slightly complex Silverstone this time round. Accommodation sorted for Saturday and Sunday but looks like trying to get something for Friday night is a bit more complicated than it might be, so timeshifting things a bit, probably come up on the Saturday, catch some of the ELMS round, do the full Sunday, have a decent dinner Sunday night, and then head home Monday.

Promo discount duly applied obviously...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3832369)   #2343
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Off-topic: when do we get the prediction competition results?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:19 (Ref:3832380)   #2344
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
For some amongst us, two years after the end of competition
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3832399)   #2345
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
re you feeling you have a chance then victor?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:23 (Ref:3832401)   #2346
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
It may be a while. I've left the compo to Pascal and he has more important things to think about at the moment.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 17:24 (Ref:3832541)   #2347
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A word for Allan Simonsen, taken from us tragically 5 years ago today. I remember being stood on the bank at Mulsanne when the news was broken & then the pure deflation when Fred Mako (who was immense by the way) crashed coming out the 2nd chicane, no one would of begrudged an Aston Martin win that year
Old 22 Jun 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3832549)   #2348
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
A word for Allan Simonsen, taken from us tragically 5 years ago today. I remember being stood on the bank at Mulsanne when the news was broken & then the pure deflation when Fred Mako (who was immense by the way) crashed coming out the 2nd chicane, no one would of begrudged an Aston Martin win that year
I was in the campsite at Tertre Rouge when the news broke over the radio. I just remember walking out of the campsite and randomly around the area in a daze for at least an hour, no radio, no anything.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3832552)   #2349
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Thank was a horrid couple of hours when we knew it was a serious accident but did not expect that.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3832570)   #2350
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
We were sitting in T17 as usual. None of us had our ears on for some time after the accident. We were completely unaware of the enormity of the outcome until Allan's death was announced. We were completely stunned. I was at Le Mans in 1986 (my first Le Mans) when Jo Gartner went off in the night. The last fatality during the race before Simonsen. Two awful moments spanned by 27 years.....