Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 6 Jun 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3827286)   #101
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Wow, what a 24 hour period in the MotoGP rider market. Pedrosa out at Repsol Honda, replaced by Lorenzo, Petrucci to replace JLo at Ducati. Oh and Mir to Suzuki.
Hmmm it will be interesting to see what happens next year with Lorenzo, will it be another two years learning to ride the bike ? I might put some money on how long it takes him to win (or not)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jun 2018, 14:18 (Ref:3827408)   #102
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Nice to see the Lorenzo of old returning at Mugello. Marquez tries too hard and drops, now the title fight is back on. Top 9 riders within 50 points shows it's far from over

Lorenzo off to Honda, let's see what he can do. Wonder where Dani will go now, he hasn't done much these last few seasons. Petrucci to Ducati is a good move IMHO
Old 9 Jun 2018, 00:47 (Ref:3827759)   #103
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
This was really strange:

“To believe in Jorge Lorenzo before was hard, now it’s easy to say,” smiled the ‘Spartan’, responding to Casey Stoner’s belief that Lorenzo had only been missing one thing to be able to win. “I say I don’t make excuses but I don’t, when I make a mistake I say it. When I need something, it’s true. And I showed it. Ducati gave me this modification and I showed it was true. I never lie and I hope now people believe my words. One side of my heart is happy about this, but then the other is sad because if I’d had this before I could have said I was going to continue with Ducati…but I can’t tell you that.” http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...-in-red/261406

Apparently Lorenzo had been asking for a modification to the fuel tank of the Ducati so that he would get more support from the shape and feel more comfortable on the bike.

Given that they employed a multiple world champion and are paying him somewhere around $12M a year, why wouldn't this have been done as soon as he asked for it?
Old 9 Jun 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3827803)   #104
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Given that they employed a multiple world champion and are paying him somewhere around $12M a year, why wouldn't this have been done as soon as he asked for it?
Agreed, I think it must have been deeper than that as a fuel tank shape would only be a couple of bob in the big scheme of things !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Jun 2018, 19:11 (Ref:3831724)   #105
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another good ride from Lorenzo to win at Catalunya, I know he has his detractors but I think the guy is incredible. Lap after lap within a tenth of a second, he's the metronome in MotoGP as is Rea in WSBK. Great ride from Crutchlow finishing top independent and Rossi is just so talented still.
Old 19 Jun 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3831825)   #106
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have said elsewhere I hate the little git, but that save from MArquez, if you haven't seen it.

100mph bend, literally 50 yards on knee and on a sliding front. Ridiculous
Old 19 Jun 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3831826)   #107
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I wonder what is going through Lorenzo's mind at this moment ? he obviously made the decision to leave Ducati before it has all come right, so did he approach Honda or did they approach him ?
I would think that Honda must have a new works bike for next year as only Marquez seems to be the only one that can "really" master it now that Ducati has got it together. If things keep going as they are it's not inconceivable that Jorge could win the title this year as Marquez does have a habit of falling off when he tries "impossible" moves to get to the front on a bike that is not the best IMHO
Old 19 Jun 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3831886)   #108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lorenzo really is back on form and it's not too late to go for the title if he keeps riding like this. What a lot of attrition in this race
Old 28 Jun 2018, 12:19 (Ref:3833438)   #109
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I wonder what is going through Lorenzo's mind at this moment ? he obviously made the decision to leave Ducati before it has all come right, so did he approach Honda or did they approach him ?
I would think that Honda must have a new works bike for next year as only Marquez seems to be the only one that can "really" master it now that Ducati has got it together. If things keep going as they are it's not inconceivable that Jorge could win the title this year as Marquez does have a habit of falling off when he tries "impossible" moves to get to the front on a bike that is not the best IMHO
I understood that Lorenzo went to Honda after Ducati refused to offer him a contract for next year, looks like they screwed that one up!
Old 28 Jun 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3833439)   #110
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I have said elsewhere I hate the little git, but that save from MArquez, if you haven't seen it.

100mph bend, literally 50 yards on knee and on a sliding front. Ridiculous
You may hate him, but you've got to respect his skill!
Old 28 Jun 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3833503)   #111
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do, but I still cant stand him, changes nothing
Old 1 Jul 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3833865)   #112
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cracking last minute of Assen qualy in MotoGP
Marquez Crutchlow and Rossi on the front row. With a minute to go JLo was on prov. pole but ended 10th such was the pace.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 08:10 (Ref:3833876)   #113
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Same thing for Zarco.
Old 1 Jul 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3833937)   #114
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The MotoGP race was heart-stopping from first to last lap.
Old 2 Jul 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3834341)   #115
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a cracking race. I wonder why Lorenzo drove so slowly when in first place, but as soon as he got overtaken he fought back hard, at least for the first part of the race. Maybe he frantically had to conserve tyres?
Old 2 Jul 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3834363)   #116
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a cracking race
Old 3 Jul 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3834400)   #117
S griffin
Veteran

Great race, so many riders battling at the front and no quarter asked and none given. Best race of the season so far
Old 3 Jul 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3834412)   #118
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lorenzo rides cleverly, he will ride to conserve his tyres, so use clever riding to not wear out the tyres as he always runs softer tyres than the others.

It is possible, but takes a lot of concentration. Remember how Dovi couldn't past him at Jerez or Valencia last year, he is very hard to measure is Jorge.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3834473)   #119
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP68 View Post
What a cracking race. I wonder why Lorenzo drove so slowly when in first place, but as soon as he got overtaken he fought back hard, at least for the first part of the race. Maybe he frantically had to conserve tyres?
More or less the same for Marquez too. From reading various interviews it seems that they were initially a bit unsure about tyre life... but that went out the window once they all started going hammer and tongs. Brilliant race!
Old 15 Jul 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3836816)   #120
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well Marquez did it again and this time racing cleanly ! good to see the "old boy" in 2nd place and as for Lorenzo it looks like he's falling into the same trap directly he is overtaken. As for riding the Honda next year he may have to go to a psychiatrist to deal with his team mate !
Old 16 Jul 2018, 20:32 (Ref:3837002)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, Marquez once again makes the track his own. The Doctor back at the front where he belongs. Ducatis though, worryingly not having the race pace
Old 17 Jul 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3837164)   #122
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
As for riding the Honda next year he may have to go to a psychiatrist to deal with his team mate !
I think he needs one to deal with his own head problems let alone dealing with MM. Supreme clockwork precision riding one race and then he falls off a cliff, destroying his front tyre in those opening laps was a rookie mistake. As you say great to the old guy keeping his end up!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3841586)   #123
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Great racing once again at Brno today.
Old 5 Aug 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3841616)   #124
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Great racing once again at Brno today.
Indeed!
Old 5 Aug 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3841732)   #125
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Good to see Dovi have the win in front of Lorenzo, a good race with a fair bit of chopping and changing right to the end. Marquez kept his cool and rode fair.
It's going to be "interesting" to see who will be "top dog" at Honda next season and who will fill Vali's boots ?