The Kovister 0 0%
d'Ambrosio 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 May 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2876767)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Turkish GP

The DOTR is...
Old 8 May 2011, 13:55 (Ref:2876771)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel. I don't vote for him enough given how many good drives he's had, because there's often an alternative 'surprise' drive, like Buemi today who drove a fine race.

Excellent drives from Kobayashi and Alonso too.
Old 8 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2876774)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There can only be one. Imperious. It must be weird for Michael, watching himself from a dozen places back...
Old 8 May 2011, 13:58 (Ref:2876775)   #4
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me.
Kobayashi did well but i think Sauber Team lacking in strategy
Old 8 May 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2876779)   #5
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Koby for me. great drive.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2876784)   #6
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard to pick between Alonso, Kobayashi and Vettel, but Koby really did a great job driving from the back.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2876786)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel was good, but I think Alonso did a great job to get the Ferrari on the podium. eeenie, meenie, Teflonso.

Great to see Louise and Jense battling too.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2876796)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I agree, Alonso for me as well. Good to see that he hasn't lost any of his skill and it has been the car holding him back.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2876797)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Teflonso - yes, Seb had an incredible weekend, particularly the way it started but seeing that Ferrari back in contention was a good thing - fair racing with Webber too - at no stage did they look like they were going to knock bits off each other's cars.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2876799)   #10
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Alonso here as well. Excellent drive.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2876801)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it to Nico. He drove a good solid race. I can't be easy having Schumi as a team mate.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2876802)   #12
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive from Alonso to gain an unexpected podium finish.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2876804)   #13
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso just ahead of Vettel. I thought Kobayashi might have had a chance of doing a bit more based on his pace after his first stint on the hards...but not to be.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2876813)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The DOTR was Vettel, simple as that, but i've actually put a vote against Alonso as he gained a podium in a car that maybe shouldn't have been there?
Old 8 May 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2876814)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi sits tenth in the championship.

There should be some big teams making some calls about him soon.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2876834)   #16
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso. Great drive.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:37 (Ref:2876838)   #17
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ_HCR32 View Post
Alonso just ahead of Vettel.
Had it the other way by a whisker. Both great drives.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:51 (Ref:2876857)   #18
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave it to Alonso but Vettel is head & shoulders above the rest. He is in a league all of his own.
Old 8 May 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2876869)   #19
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The DOTR is...
Vettel for me....just gets the job done Saturday and Sunday....

Mods: Can you please correct the spelling of Kovalainen on the poll.....?

Thanks
Old 8 May 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2876885)   #20
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Although I spend a fair bit of time in his home country I am not a fan of his, but Alonso gets my vote with a sensible drive today.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 8 May 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2876886)   #21
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel - kept a cool head all the way.
Old 8 May 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2876897)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso. But I voted for Teflonso. 9.3 out of 10.

Special mentions for Kobayashi and Vettel.

Clever overtake on Massa by Button.

Schumacher just needs to give it a rest now, I think.
Old 8 May 2011, 16:34 (Ref:2876907)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Is this a first? Webber hasn't got any votes - yet!
Old 8 May 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2876916)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Is it normally a public poll? This time it is and that may be why.
Old 8 May 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2876923)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel again. Can anyone stop the "new Mansell". Maybe he should now be called the "new Schumacher"? He just is on top of everything. Qualifying he is king of. He seems to keep his tyres in check, compared with his team mate. He knows how to pump in the fastest laps. Looks quite likely that no one is going to catch him.

Alonso second place. A superb race pace. With new developments coming, the Ferrari will be very strong. Alonso might be able to claim a few wins soon.

I think I'll give Button third place. Yes okay, his strategy didn't quite work out. However, he did some pretty good racing with Massa and co, plus his team mate(even though Lewis got the jump on him in the end). Both McLarens should have saved a set of tyres yesterday.

As for Schumi - oh dear. This is another race that didn't go well. The Mercedes is a pretty decent car, but it seems to have trouble on full tanks.