Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Dec 2011, 15:52 (Ref:3000850)   #51
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry no cat or dog pics from me, just me & the missus in our house (unless you count the numerous cuddly toys!).

I'm desperately trying to wangle a way into attending the Ace but events are conspiring against me at the moment.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas and the prezzies contain those little go-faster goodies we've all asked for.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 16 Dec 2011, 17:02 (Ref:3000885)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
All this talk of doggos and pics of them is no good. Here is my late pal Matt waiting for master to come back from that darn workshop! Very sadly missed.

Don't think circumstances now would be right for another working Lab but keep thinking a JR might be OK. (not the JR, heaven forbid ) Bit late to ask Father Christmas but apparantly there is a highly regarded breeder in the area........

Old 16 Dec 2011, 19:17 (Ref:3000949)   #53
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Guys, don't you know a dog isn't just for Christmas..........

Snap, Mike - here's our Archie
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0127.jpg  
Old 16 Dec 2011, 20:39 (Ref:3000978)   #54
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Archie, what a lovely animal he is.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 20:51 (Ref:3000979)   #55
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and the laurels do fit him rather well !

@ Mike - JRs (the dog type...) are perfect for the workshop and do like riding in cars very much - hence the goggles !
Old 16 Dec 2011, 20:59 (Ref:3000981)   #56
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R D P View Post

@ Mike - JRs (the dog type...) are perfect for the workshop and do like riding in cars very much - hence the goggles !
Can you come and tell one of my two JRs that, every time I put my shoes on to go in the garage he hides behind the sofa, if I start the car up he runs up the garden and hides behind a tree.
Old 16 Dec 2011, 22:54 (Ref:3001031)   #57
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry for that !
But nice to see all those photos of cats and dogs nevertheless.

To bring it back to Christmas and race engines - one we made a few years back :

clearly a member of the Piston Broke Club
Old 17 Dec 2011, 00:33 (Ref:3001053)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I think that my wife's dog Toby (RIP) (a real Heinz 57 mixture) must be a candidate for "food stealer of the year" when he nicked the turkey off the table when we were in another room having pre dinner drinks, still a talking point 35 years on !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Dec 2011, 01:53 (Ref:3001074)   #59
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
as a tribute to the late Chris Hitchens, I give you a quote:

“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realise that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.”
Old 17 Dec 2011, 06:48 (Ref:3001099)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mike - JRs (the dog type...) are perfect for the workshop and do like riding in cars very much - hence the goggles !
Ralf, I can picture a JR sitting on the dash (and in charge) of my rig as we truck across Europe- like the horse transporters you see on their way to a gymkhana or showjumping event.... And of course dogs are allowed at most circuits over there....

Gordon, I can remember a family Xmas lunch where the turkey had a leg missing and was looking a bit worse for wear! My Sister's young Dobie was visiting....

For those remembering a pal passed on-

"With eyes uprais'd, his master's looks to scan,
The joy, the solace, and the aid of man;
The rich man's guardian, and the poor man's friend,
The only being faithful to the end."

George Crabb 1810.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 08:15 (Ref:3001107)   #61
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Can you come and tell one of my two JRs that, every time I put my shoes on to go in the garage he hides behind the sofa, if I start the car up he runs up the garden and hides behind a tree.
Very unusual - but our JR shows similar signs when it rains or does look awful outside....
Old 19 Dec 2011, 16:23 (Ref:3001913)   #62
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Training Gonzo to race my car next year.
Click image for larger version

Name:	gonzodriving.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	501.0 KB
ID:	35979[IMG]file:///Users/timdodwell/Pictures/My%20Pictures/family.things/creatures/gonzo/gonzodriving.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/timdodwell/Pictures/My%20Pictures/family.things/creatures/gonzo/gonzodriving.JPG[/IMG]
Old 19 Dec 2011, 17:24 (Ref:3001933)   #63
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought you might have called him Eddy.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 20:42 (Ref:3001988)   #64
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent
Racer

Scotland
Crewe
Mike 'Bean' Broadbent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on, I thought this was a motorsport thread, all I can see is cute pictures of fluffy pets! Am I in a parallel thread for Crufts? Come on guys.
Alan, thanks for the picture of the Daf 55, if memory serves me right, it raced with an Oldsmobile engine.
Anyhow, Merry festive falling asleep over p*** poor TV to all, hoping for the Senna DVD in my stocking, that's me sorted, with a decent malt!
Old 21 Dec 2011, 17:17 (Ref:3002794)   #65
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With apologies:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1494.jpg  
Old 21 Dec 2011, 19:28 (Ref:3002859)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
With apologies:
Apologies to your Pooch-hounds, I think! They don't look that impressed......
Old 22 Dec 2011, 15:48 (Ref:3003233)   #67
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Merry Christmas to one, and all. I'll be the one flashing at you, trackside...
I have Christmas Dog and Cat pix, but they're all on film!
One day I'll digitise them.

Oh, and for those interested in such things, it's a plastic replica tree, but with genuine 60s lights? Can I get papers for it???
Old 22 Dec 2011, 16:28 (Ref:3003252)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Oh, and for those interested in such things, it's a plastic replica tree, but with genuine 60s lights? Can I get papers for it???
Undoubtably.... but hope your fire extinguisher is in date and serviced!

Happy Christmas.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 10:28 (Ref:3003859)   #69
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Joyeux Noel to one and all from the civilised side of La Manche where thankfully Christmas is not for ever & only lasts for a day!
Old 24 Dec 2011, 11:34 (Ref:3003870)   #70
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
a vous aussi.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 11:39 (Ref:3003872)   #71
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merci beaucoup!

The sun is shining beautifully here in Pas de Calais - hopefully also in Charente.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 11:48 (Ref:3003874)   #72
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Stop sending suspicious messages in a foreign language..... mais mes felicitations a deux. I hope that's good French?
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:21 (Ref:3003896)   #73
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ah Wee,Mon Amie,Mon's tooge Mon's tooge.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:25 (Ref:3003898)   #74
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ah Wee,Mon Amie,Mon's tooge Mon's tooge.

Is that Scottish for something? Or just something after a drop of Scotch??!!
Old 24 Dec 2011, 13:35 (Ref:3003900)   #75
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas to you all - Hope Santa brings you all the toys you ask for...

Hope 2012 is a happy, healthy and prosperous one for you all!