Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Feb 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4196572)   #76
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Red Bull breaks cover prior to official launch function.
Old 14 Feb 2024, 10:22 (Ref:4196645)   #77
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very minimalist launch from Mercedes
Still black but with Silver down the front
Old 14 Feb 2024, 13:09 (Ref:4196672)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 14 Feb 2024, 15:39 (Ref:4196689)   #79
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Very minimalist launch from Mercedes
Still black but with Silver down the front
missed the launch but the car livery itself looks minimalist/understated...might be the point for them this season? not sure i like it but may like it better if its fast!
Old 14 Feb 2024, 15:45 (Ref:4196691)   #80
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the new Mercedes livery.

Richard
Old 14 Feb 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4196692)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but they have doubled the amount of promotional filming/running the cars can do now. was 100km total (20laps at a 5km track) which has now doubled to 200km but cant all be on the same day...or something to that effect.

while its still not a proper test, still an opportunity to get in some more shakedown time before the Bahrain test.
Old 14 Feb 2024, 20:20 (Ref:4196739)   #82
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This thread is about team launches and has mostly been about livery. I think we should also use this for pre-season testing as well?

We are just a week away. Testing is Wed 21st, Thur 22nd and Fri 23rd.

Richard
Old 15 Feb 2024, 06:42 (Ref:4196787)   #83
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Sauber livery designed by the makers of Flow-vis...

Yes, I know the color is from Stake

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...-c44/10572635/

Richard
The shade of green may be from Stake but the bright green and black are family colors. Lamborghini WEC hyper car effort is green and black so in a quiet way Audi-VW are making their presence felt.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/auto...?itok=USKqnJUW

Last edited by Teretonga; 15 Feb 2024 at 07:10.
Old 15 Feb 2024, 08:28 (Ref:4196793)   #84
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
The shade of green may be from Stake but the bright green and black are family colors. Lamborghini WEC hyper car effort is green and black so in a quiet way Audi-VW are making their presence felt.

I was thinking it looks a bit like the Juncos Hollinger Indycar livery!!
Old 15 Feb 2024, 15:36 (Ref:4196822)   #85
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
If I am reading this correctly, you are saying that while Stake is green, that the bright green and black is driven by existing Lamborghini (part of VAG) livery colors as somehow a way to start to show Audi influence?

IMHO that is a huge leap. Stake green is bright green. The black is the current F1 trend. I think that both Stake and Lamborghini having green color schemes is coincidental. And while both Audi and Lamborghini are both part of VAG, why would a future Audi team promote a Lamborghini livery color?

Richard
Old 15 Feb 2024, 15:41 (Ref:4196823)   #86
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

For me, one of the top three best-looking cars of the season alongside Ferrari and Visa Cash App RB.
Old 15 Feb 2024, 21:44 (Ref:4196859)   #87
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If I am reading this correctly, you are saying that while Stake is green, that the bright green and black is driven by existing Lamborghini (part of VAG) livery colors as somehow a way to start to show Audi influence?

IMHO that is a huge leap. Stake green is bright green. The black is the current F1 trend. I think that both Stake and Lamborghini having green color schemes is coincidental. And while both Audi and Lamborghini are both part of VAG, why would a future Audi team promote a Lamborghini livery color?

Richard

Because Lamborghini is owned by VAG but is directly under (a subsidiary) of Audi.

I'm simply playing Richard. Putting out things to jolt people out of their sleepiness.
Old 15 Feb 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4196869)   #88
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
I'm simply playing Richard. Putting out things to jolt people out of their sleepiness.
Understand. This in-between time is rough. Less than a week away from actual testing.

Richard
Old 16 Feb 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4196946)   #89
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
the defending champ with some interesting sidepods!

Old 17 Feb 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4197076)   #90
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
This thread is about team launches and has mostly been about livery. I think we should also use this for pre-season testing as well?

We are just a week away. Testing is Wed 21st, Thur 22nd and Fri 23rd.

Richard
sounds about right! amend the thread title?

testing schedule link with option to switch between local and your local time:

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2...n-Testing.html

not sure if SKY will be broadcasting it again this year tho? suspect they will.
Old 17 Feb 2024, 21:03 (Ref:4197089)   #91
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
sounds about right! amend the thread title?

testing schedule link with option to switch between local and your local time:

https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2...n-Testing.html

not sure if SKY will be broadcasting it again this year tho? suspect they will.
Sky is broadcasting all three days - in their entirety. We're getting the lot here in Oz.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 16:48 (Ref:4197644)   #92
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cars look mostly similar on track. The end of the nose cones on the Aston Martin and the Toro Rosso narrow and the sides go slightly vertical
Old 21 Feb 2024, 17:50 (Ref:4197652)   #93
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
The cars look mostly similar on track. The end of the nose cones on the Aston Martin and the Toro Rosso narrow and the sides go slightly vertical
From a distance they continue to look very similar. Both a combination of regulations that define the basic look plus ongoing convergence of solutions. But look much closer and there continues to be significant differences. Side pods, floor edge details, air inlet shapes and locations, engine cover aero are some big ones.

For day one testing, while it is correct to try to ignore lap times, if you do look at those times, RBR seems to be picking up where they left off. Seems like lots of trouble free laps for Max. Social media has already decided that Max and Red Bull will be the 2024 champions! I mean, they might be, but lets see them race first!

McLaren and Ferrari in next two slots. Williams had a high pressure fuel pump problem that limited running. Not good for them. It has to be a nightmare for a team to be pulled into addressing basic reliability issues vs. getting on with their planned program.

While I think the Stake green is hideous, it looks better on track than in the launch photos/renders. The green livery on the back half of the car looks too blocky IMHO.

Richard
Old 21 Feb 2024, 18:54 (Ref:4197663)   #94
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
for what its worth, it looks like pretty much everyone set their fastest laps using the C3 tire which apparently will be the softest available compound for next weeks race.

day 1 of course the teams, sets ups, track etc will all evolve and rubber in over the next week but those 142 laps Max put in and his top lap time definitely feels like a gauntlet was dropped today!
Old 21 Feb 2024, 19:52 (Ref:4197674)   #95
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If the first day's times are any indication,it will feel like a very long season for Haas.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 21:04 (Ref:4197686)   #96
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
If the first day's times are any indication,it will feel like a very long season for Haas.
They did complete the most laps though.

Alpine's front looks like an F2 car.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 22:39 (Ref:4197690)   #97
PanozDP01
Rookie

It looks like everyone shared the test sessions for the first day. Except Max and Russell did both sessions for their respective teams.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 05:22 (Ref:4197718)   #98
PanozDP01
Rookie

Red Bull has air intakes above the drivers head. On Peter Windsor's stream, he said a Toro Rosso car from around 2017 had something similar. But I don't see it. Not on the 2017 car anyway

Old 22 Feb 2024, 10:29 (Ref:4197742)   #99
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
Red Bull has air intakes above the drivers head. On Peter Windsor's stream, he said a Toro Rosso car from around 2017 had something similar. But I don't see it. Not on the 2017 car anyway
If that proves to be another big step forward for Red Bull then it's got the look of something that the other teams won't easily be able to copy. Presumably there's bits of that design baked into the tub itself so it's not 'just' a bodywork change for other teams to copy - they'd have to go for a whole new tub design. With the cost cap that's probably not an option so a nice season long advantage for Red Bull.
Old 22 Feb 2024, 12:33 (Ref:4197755)   #100
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If that proves to be another big step forward for Red Bull then it's got the look of something that the other teams won't easily be able to copy. Presumably there's bits of that design baked into the tub itself so it's not 'just' a bodywork change for other teams to copy - they'd have to go for a whole new tub design. With the cost cap that's probably not an option so a nice season long advantage for Red Bull.
Not that I really doubt Adrian Newey, but it'll only be an advantage if it works. If it turns out to be his version of the Mercedes zeropod (looks good in theory but doesn't work so well in practice), then it'll be a disadvantage.
(Yesterdays testing times however do show my doubts to be unfounded!)